Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 10/24/2022 at 2:27 PM, Jimbo said:

Pretty sure those balconies on the end of deck 14 facing the wake  are deeper then 5ft...............cabin 10 ft wide, for 50 sq.ft.........if what you are saying is true, then what is the size of a balcony in a regular balcony of the side of the ship?

Yes, the balcony description is for the other 99% of the cabins in the D4 category

On 10/24/2022 at 2:39 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Did you try booking with 3 or 4 people?  Maybe they don't want to initially release these cabins for just 2 people.

They are double occupancy cabins however As TA's block group space in the categories Royal pulls cabins from inventory to meet the group obligations.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Okay got word back from my travel agent, she said  Royal said the cruise line is still making updates and it's possible that these cabins are in the aft location are being recategorized.

Means someone at Royal Caribbean setting prices didn't make these cabins more  $$$ before the deck plans were sent out. You have to believe these aft cabins are going to cost more then the side D4's on deck 14. 

Plenty of other ships with the large balcony aft cabins that are the exact same price as the side ones.  That is one thing good about Royal is that they don't charge a premium for aft facing balcony cabins.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

On the way home from the hospital today, stopped at Firebird’s for lunch.  And to my surprise, they had seasonal cocktails. 🤣🤣

So here you go @bobmacliberty, a recipe for a cinnamon mai tai.  I guess as long as you are experimenting, you can try everything.  

13379478-2D4D-4AF9-AAE6-C06D3FB05F26.thumb.jpeg.a94999161921c05d03409d95edf74fc9.jpeg

Lunch was a couple light items.  Chicken tortilla soup. 

23AD6E0B-78AC-46C8-9FFA-F08D0D897DD8.thumb.jpeg.ffacbc5e3d1dabd65baeedecd7b0e6c5.jpeg

And a smokehouse chicken sandwich 

353BC370-E135-44C4-89D1-8BEB47B45AE0.thumb.jpeg.c9afff545ec621160c80781163ba4c8d.jpeg

You can never go wrong when bacon is involved. 

I will take the sangria and the soup.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

I'm looking for March 1st 2025

Like I mentioned in other posts.  They have been removed by Royal along with a lot of the other D4 staterooms in order t meet group space obligations.

I was booking a few yesterday and I knew they were all available and then I went to book another cabin and they were gone.  I booked another cabin in the same category and then had to call Royal and ask the agent to call revenue and get them to do the swap.  It works for TA's, not sure of it will work for individuals.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Plenty of other ships with the large balcony aft cabins that are the exact same price as the side ones.  That is one thing good about Royal is that they don't charge a premium for aft facing balcony cabins.

They kind of do when they  make 2 passengers book those cabins  only with 3 or 4 passengers.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They kind of do when they  make 2 passengers book those cabins  only with 3 or 4 passengers.

There are still some that can be booked with only 2.  It's a mix.  point was that Royal doesn't have a separate category for aft cabins like several other cruise lines do where they charge a premium.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Now that baseball season is officially over, 😉, time for me to catch up on my DVR recordings. I have 5 episodes of Amazing Race to watch. Anyone else watching?

No way, the baseball season is just getting good. Now it's time to take down those cheaters! Go Phillies !!

Watch the fans in the Seats, So cool !!

harper-reacts-getty-1.png

• Like 5

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

We always watch, although our local CBS affiliate is in contract dispute with directv stream so I will have to watch it on Paramount Plus.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

CBS and Verizon are in dispute here. 

In our area, the NBC affiliate has been in dispute with Verizon for 2 weeks. We are streaming NBC shows on Peacock because of this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wish more ships had aft suites , only ship we ever saw one was on brilliance, had great corner aft grand suite.

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I watched To Tell The Truth,What’s My Line and I’ve Got A Secret on Amazon Prime tonight.These shows originally aired between 1955 and 1961.

we always liked the old what’s my line , didn’t know they were on prime .

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Hey @Sea Dog -- guess what I had Nover make for me today!

He called in the Baton Rouge 2.5, because he served it in a cocktail glass instead of a rocks glass! LOL

I have a video of him, too, but I can't upload it with the crappy internet on Explorer.

IMG_20221025_161839394.thumb.jpg.57359d51879894b2f43c1fa2dd3df083.jpg

That is so awesome. Did he remember me? How did you like the cocktail? I'm so happy you did this. Thank you, Thank you!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

No way, the baseball season is just getting good. Now it's time to take down those cheaters! Go Phillies !!

Watch the fans in the Seats, So cool !!

harper-reacts-getty-1.png

Probably the most enthusiastic fans I've seen all post season.  Good for them, it's been a long time coming. 

Enjoy the ride. Go Phillies!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

That is so awesome. Did he remember me? How did you like the cocktail? I'm so happy you did this. Thank you, Thank you!

I posted this a couple days ago, but you probably missed it in the 842 pages that got added to this thread while you were away:

On 10/23/2022 at 12:03 PM, brillohead said:

Greg, I finally found Nover this week!

They move around every two weeks to a different bar, and I finally saw him this week.  I asked, "Do you know a past passenger by the name of Greg or Sea Dog?"  His face was blank as I said Greg, but when I said Sea Dog he broke out in a huge smile and said, "YES!  Sea Dog!  I made his drink..... 2.0.... 2.0.... 2.0.... Baton Rouge 2.0!!!!"  

I'm always amazed at the memory of some of these staffers!  

I'll give the "BR2.0" a try sometime this week, now that I know where to find Nover for this cruise.  He says "Hi" back to Sea Dog, too!!!

It was so cool to see the recognition on his face as soon as I said "Sea Dog"... he DEFINITELY remembered you AND your drink!  

I was impressed that the drink wasn't "boozy tasting".  I'm not much of a booze drinker, mainly because I don't like the taste of most alcohols, so I was pleasantly surprised with the Baton Rouge 2.5.  

• Like 7

We have 53° and rain this morning, so today is a day to catch up on inside work.

One of the things I hate about getting old, is discovering bruises and not remembering what you did to get them.  Got a nice one on my forearm by my elbow, with no idea what I hit it on.   

Maybe I need to start “going big”, like Greg, to make them memorable.

Oh, and I got to see my granddaughter on TV this morning, doing the Pledge of Allegiance with her class.  She did excellent.  When Susan and I worked with the grandkids every day during remote learning, we had them start every day with the Pledge.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 19

I’m reaching out to the tech experts here, or anyone smarter than me actually LOL.  Before our Anthem cruise this past April, someone gave me iPhone advice. I thought I had taken a screenshot but can’t find it.  
To use Voom, and avoid any unwanted charges, do we put our phones in airplane mode? And will this allow iMessage for texting back home and possibly WiFi calling?  I know there was some setting we needed to put our phones in.  

• Like 1

Thank you for reposting. Yes I apparently missed it as I am so behind. I've tried to keep up but it's nearly impossible. I too am amazed how the crew can remember people. I'm glad you enjoyed the Baton Rouge 2.5. I still son't know why Royal took it off the bar menu. I think it's a good cocktail.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m reaching out to the tech experts here, or anyone smarter than me actually LOL.  Before our Anthem cruise this past April, someone gave me iPhone advice. I thought I had taken a screenshot but can’t find it.  
To use Voom, and avoid any unwanted charges, do we put our phones in airplane mode? And will this allow iMessage for texting back home and possibly WiFi calling?  I know there was some setting we needed to put our phones in.  

Put your phone in airplane mode

Connect to ships Wi-Fi and purchase Voom (internet)

iMessage will work when connected to ships Wi-Fi for texts

Wi-Fi calling should work, may need to be enabled in settings on phone. Go to Settings, Phone, Wi-Fi calling, on

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We have 53° and rain this morning, so today is a day to catch up on inside work.

One of the things I hate about getting old, is discovering bruises and not remembering what you did to get them.  Got a nice one on my forearm by my elbow, with no idea what I hit it on.   

Maybe I need to start “going big”, like Greg, to make them memorable.

Oh, and I got to see my granddaughter on TV this morning, doing the Pledge of Allegiance with her class.  She did excellent.  When Susan and I worked with the grandkids every day during remote learning, we had them start every day with the Pledge.

Trust me "Going Big" is not what it's cracked up to be.

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes on board put your phone in Airplane mode. It will still allow you to I-message and wi-fi calling.

• Like 4