Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Veterans Day and a heartfelt thank you to all who serve. 
I may have posted this before, but here’s my favorite veteran, my Dad, in the back of a helicopter somewhere over Vietnam in 1967.  For some reason it’s my favorite picture of him, looking so young and handsome.  I think it’s also because he was a career military man through & through so this photo really captures him in his element.  I miss him.  

C20C776F-2909-4108-AA94-A2527B7CC383.thumb.jpeg.bcedda90f9a872677947493f0ff8e5ae.jpeg

Great picture of your Dad😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last month whole cruising,  the kids cane over and picked about everything out of the garden since we were having our 1st freeze night.   I put all the green and partially green tomatoes in boxes to ripen.  In this box every tomato was green.  Now look at them.

20221111_124240.thumb.jpg.814bbe6d2a819596ce1b4f8fb9abd304.jpg

This box was green to partially green.

20221111_124251.thumb.jpg.f36d3a6ce1d7aed9fede6ff850638485.jpg

Another box that holding some about ready to eat.

20221111_124359.thumb.jpg.347a74e39b8aecc25e1b623349dd8265.jpg

Last year we ate our last garden tomato mid December. 

This method works good for peaches too.  When grocery peaches are hard, I put them up like this and they ripen up to just ripe peaches.

If you trybthis method make sure you check up on them every few days.

With some advice, next year I am going to plant potted tomatoes on my sun-drenched balcony.  

At first glance, I thought the first picture was an assortment of candy.

image.jpeg.b9334dfa90e4e81c8b2690c1c08fcfac.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Remembrance Day here yesterday.  Sydney Opera House sails had poppies for the dawn services and then again in the evening.

Photo courtesy of RSL NSW (returned services league)

At 11am we pause to remember the service of Australians who have served our country past and present.  Lest we forget.

C71E69A9-8B3F-48FA-8B04-812CE4A1D7F8.thumb.jpeg.83243c99727b24240ca29466e21494a9.jpeg

Question for my friend from down under.  You observe both remembrance day and ANZAC day... How are the two distinguished from each other?

15 minutes ago, George C said:

While I like to keep switching drinks , I am in awe of your selection, i toast to you I just finished a lunch with 4 or 5 martinis, happy that the special selections are just 4 dollars each . Just a couple of weeks to our drink package on celebrity beyond. 😁😁

Sarah said this is training for our Christmas cruise.  4 Diamond drinks for her first full cruise over 21 were not enough so she had to have her package so I will have her "buy" me drinks on her vouchers 

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So the problem with keeping up to date on posting the different drinks us that at some point in time the drinks win.

We had a great start to the first day and we kept pretty good track.  Unfortunately neither Sarah or I remember going back to our room and thr next day the first drink wasn't happening until 5pm.

Here's our scorecard from day 1.  Topped out at 15 or so and I drank a couple of Sarahs that she didn't like.

Screenshot_20221110_105719.thumb.jpg.d5984519a3887fcd40fefd1d7e490bf6.jpg

work kind of got in tje way for a bit and we did get sn invite to Coastal Kitchen last night for dinner...nice meal and much calmer than the MDR.

lazy day today in Cozumel, off the ship to buy a silver chain, a 1 litter bottle of Vanilla as a consolation prize for Vikki and SarH bought 2 bottles of Vodka.

Because everyone on board has the drink package they just let us carry the booze on board.

For the Flowriders out there...golden unicorn sailing...never more than 2 or 3 riders and sometimes no one is there. 

Apologies to all whose posts I've missed. 

That is a very impressive Day 1 list!

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The young one kept up with tje old guy for the most part but the difference was the next day....rookies. 

Thanks for another new drink  will add that to tonight's list. 

I'm sure you have a system you're teaching her for next day recovery but I have a system I have been very effective.

Take two Airborne tablets and drop them in a bottle of water, let them dissolve for about 10 minutes and down it before getting into bed.  The next morning start your morning with the same thing and you will be good to go day after day. 

https://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-1000mg-Effervescent-Gluten-Free-Antioxidants/dp/B00NRYD7NS/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=3PC3MSFME5VZI&keywords=airborne+effervescent+tablets&qid=1668205924&sprefix=airborne%2Caps%2C750&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&smid=A2Z8X18L22UI0S

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

That is a very impressive Day 1 list!

I'm sure you have a system you're teaching her for next day recovery but I have a system I have been very effective.

Take two Airborne tablets and drop them in a bottle of water, let them dissolve for about 10 minutes and down it before getting into bed.  The next morning start your morning with the same thing and you will be good to go day after day. 

https://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-1000mg-Effervescent-Gluten-Free-Antioxidants/dp/B00NRYD7NS/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=3PC3MSFME5VZI&keywords=airborne+effervescent+tablets&qid=1668205924&sprefix=airborne%2Caps%2C750&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&smid=A2Z8X18L22UI0S

A few bottles of water would have been smart to mix into the drinks but we weren't that smart.will definitely check out the airborne pills.

Somewhat related to the drinking Sorrentos was doing a fine job with their pies....both sober and slightly intoxicated. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A few bottles of water would have been smart to mix into the drinks but we weren't that smart.will definitely check out the airborne pills.

Somewhat related to the drinking Sorrentos was doing a fine job with their pies....both sober and slightly intoxicated. 

Sorrentos on Navigator was horrible only to be eaten after a sufficient quantity of adult beverages.  On Ovation it was much better.  It's odd to me that the quality ranges so substantially from ship to ship.  You'd think their system create some consistency.  

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The young one kept up with tje old guy for the most part but the difference was the next day....rookies. 

Thanks for another new drink  will add that to tonight's list. 

I think you will enjoy it.

• Like 2

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Sorrentos on Navigator was horrible only to be eaten after a sufficient quantity of adult beverages.  On Ovation it was much better.  It's odd to me that the quality ranges so substantially from ship to ship.  You'd think their system create some consistency.  

Voyager this summer was also horrible...I blamed that on supply chain issues in Europe.

You would think NV would be similar in consistency to the rest of the NA ships. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Voyager this summer was also horrible...I blamed that on supply chain issues in Europe.

It wasn't. The crust was chalky and doughy at the same time.

Last month whole cruising,  the kids cane over and picked about everything out of the garden since we were having our 1st freeze night.   I put all the green and partially green tomatoes in boxes to ripen.  In this box every tomato was green.  Now look at them.

20221111_124240.thumb.jpg.814bbe6d2a819596ce1b4f8fb9abd304.jpg

This box was green to partially green.

20221111_124251.thumb.jpg.f36d3a6ce1d7aed9fede6ff850638485.jpg

Another box that holding some about ready to eat.

20221111_124359.thumb.jpg.347a74e39b8aecc25e1b623349dd8265.jpg

Last year we ate our last garden tomato mid December. 

This method works good for peaches too.  When grocery peaches are hard, I put them up like this and they ripen up to just ripe peaches.

If you trybthis method make sure you check up on them every few days.

I usually put in brown grocery bags (which are hard to find these days) and lay the bag flat to get more space.      I like the box idea - we always have boxes as long as I can get the cats out of them 😁

I am ready for some photos of your Grandchildren

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Try Tokyo Ice Tea...that's Long Island Ice Tea with a shot of Midori :classic_smile:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I've downloaded Connelly, and he is always my first priority.

It's years since I've read a DeMille book, absolutely loved all the early ones -- Plum Island, The Gold Coast, The General's Daughter, etc. This one has, so far, only 4* on Amazon.

Connelly is more "constant" for me.

Just finished an excellent Grisham -- The Guardians. Highly recommended.

Started the newest Robert Crais, so far, a "constant" like Connelly.

I didn’t realize there was a new Crais also, I’ll have to look for it.  I started with Nelson De Mille’s , saving the best (Connelly) for last.  This De Mille book is very good, IMO.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I didn’t realize there was a new Crais also, I’ll have to look for it.  I started with Nelson De Mille’s , saving the best (Connelly) for last.  This De Mille book is very good, IMO.  

Is that "The Maze"? It sounds good. I love his John Corey books. And I just added it to my wish list. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So the problem with keeping up to date on posting the different drinks us that at some point in time the drinks win.

We had a great start to the first day and we kept pretty good track.  Unfortunately neither Sarah or I remember going back to our room and thr next day the first drink wasn't happening until 5pm.

Here's our scorecard from day 1.  Topped out at 15 or so and I drank a couple of Sarahs that she didn't like.

Screenshot_20221110_105719.thumb.jpg.d5984519a3887fcd40fefd1d7e490bf6.jpg

work kind of got in tje way for a bit and we did get sn invite to Coastal Kitchen last night for dinner...nice meal and much calmer than the MDR.

lazy day today in Cozumel, off the ship to buy a silver chain, a 1 litter bottle of Vanilla as a consolation prize for Vikki and SarH bought 2 bottles of Vodka.

Because everyone on board has the drink package they just let us carry the booze on board.

For the Flowriders out there...golden unicorn sailing...never more than 2 or 3 riders and sometimes no one is there. 

Apologies to all whose posts I've missed. 

I admire your commitment! I would be in Medical if I drank that much.  I talk a good game but in reality, 3 drinks is about my limit in an evening.  Spread out over a full day, with food and water in between, and some of the drinks being more frou-frou, I might be able to drink 5.  Hangovers were unpleasant when I was younger, but as I’ve gotten older they’re just awful so I try to avoid them at all costs.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

With some advice, next year I am going to plant potted tomatoes on my sun-drenched balcony. 

Cherry tomatoes usually does well for potted tomatoes. Look into using grow bags for pots.  You will not have to be concerned with them becoming rot bound because they air prone in grow bags. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

I admire your commitment! I would be in Medical if I drank that much.  I talk a good game but in reality, 3 drinks is about my limit in an evening.  Spread out over a full day, with food and water in between, and some of the drinks being more frou-frou, I might be able to drink 5.  Hangovers were unpleasant when I was younger, but as I’ve gotten older they’re just awful so I try to avoid them at all costs.  

You are just like Vikki.  She rarely uses her 5 daily vouchers (I'm certainly not complaining )

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are just like Vikki.  She rarely uses her 5 daily vouchers (I'm certainly not complaining )

LOL. 
@Sea Dog  this reminds me, I meant to comment after our recent cruise that I think the 4 Diamond vouchers each will suit us just fine going forward.  Based on my typical daily cocktail or wine consumption, we’ll use vouchers for those and there’ll be a few left for Andy’s soda, coffee, etc. each day.  We will just pay for any additional sodas or coffees.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I usually put in brown grocery bags (which are hard to find these days) and lay the bag flat to get more space.      I like the box idea - we always have boxes as long as I can get the cats out of them 😁

I am ready for some photos of your Grandchildren

I lay the brown bage flat too.  The down side is it's hard to observe the one's in the very back.  In a box it's easy to see them all.

Finnley is showing here eyes more now.

IMG_8398.thumb.jpeg.57ad917b44a2f5337e144911cc7d7457.jpeg

And Lottie's training to be more like Kenzie. 

IMG_1592.thumb.jpeg.3f7b08b53a223ee34ff97534efba2ff5.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

We had a bunch to give away before we left on our cruise last month then came back to a bunch more. 

I started off using paper bags.  It works good too. I find it easier to check them while in a box.  Adding a banana or two will help them ripen.   

If you have a sealer like a FoodSaver or chamber vac, you Mike like making roasted tomatoes and freeze them.  I have grown to love them.  

I do the banana trick with my avocados, so was going to add a banana until I went through the bags today.  I weeded out all the ripe stuff and all the mushy stuff and also replaced the bags since they felt damp. I ended up with a decent bowl full of ripe stuff, so don't want to accelerate the others just yet.  I think my Mom has a Foodsaver, I will check that out when I go to NH next week to see her.  I read that I should keep the bags at room temperature, so that is what we have been doing.  I didn't get to ask my neighbor any questions as they were literally running down my driveway to try to catch a bus to the airport.

• Like 3