Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

CO’s meaning Conscientious Objectors 

Again, check your "facts".

Israel cannot afford the luxury of those "CO".

Otherwise, nobody will serve. Why spend 3 years in the army, risking your life, when you could start to earn a living, or study, or just travel the world??

The handful of "CO" serve... but in jail.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last month whole cruising,  the kids cane over and picked about everything out of the garden since we were having our 1st freeze night.   I put all the green and partially green tomatoes in boxes to ripen.  In this box every tomato was green.  Now look at them.

20221111_124240.thumb.jpg.814bbe6d2a819596ce1b4f8fb9abd304.jpg

This box was green to partially green.

20221111_124251.thumb.jpg.f36d3a6ce1d7aed9fede6ff850638485.jpg

Another box that holding some about ready to eat.

20221111_124359.thumb.jpg.347a74e39b8aecc25e1b623349dd8265.jpg

Last year we ate our last garden tomato mid December. 

This method works good for peaches too.  When grocery peaches are hard, I put them up like this and they ripen up to just ripe peaches.

If you trybthis method make sure you check up on them every few days.

My neighbors have a large raised bed garden and also picked everything before the first freeze.  They had been ripening things in paper bags and have frozen a bunch of tomatoes.  They left Wednesday night for a month long trip out of the country and gave us all the tomatoes before they left.  There is no way we will eat all of what they gave us, so I am going to try making sauce with them.  They also left 10 pounds of red onions.  Thinking we might make salsa too.

• Like 6

Remembrance Day here yesterday.  Sydney Opera House sails had poppies for the dawn services and then again in the evening.

Photo courtesy of RSL NSW (returned services league)

At 11am we pause to remember the service of Australians who have served our country past and present.  Lest we forget.

C71E69A9-8B3F-48FA-8B04-812CE4A1D7F8.thumb.jpeg.83243c99727b24240ca29466e21494a9.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My neighbors have a large raised bed garden and also picked everything before the first freeze.  They had been ripening things in paper bags and have frozen a bunch of tomatoes.  They left Wednesday night for a month long trip out of the country and gave us all the tomatoes before they left.  There is no way we will eat all of what they gave us, so I am going to try making sauce with them.  They also left 10 pounds of red onions.  Thinking we might make salsa too.

Love tomatoes, red onions and salsa.  We eat a lot of all 3.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Again, check your "facts".

Israel cannot afford the luxury of those "CO".

Otherwise, nobody will serve. Why spend 3 years in the army, risking your life, when you could start to earn a living, or study, or just travel the world??

The handful of "CO" serve... but in jail.

The sister of one of my friends lives in Israel with her 8 children.They are Ultra Orthodox and none have ever been in the military.They have a religious exemption .

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you all for your encouragement and get well wishes.  This thread sets the standard for tolerance, compassion, support, etc., etc.  Dani, you did good!

Greg, sorry to hear Linda is positive for covid but it was probably inevitable.  Hoping her symptoms are mild.  How is your shoulder and knee?  Any pain?

I'm not much of a drinker but I look forward to trying my first kraken colada on our Bella cruise!

Thanks for the well wishes. Knee and shoulder are hanging in there. Looking forward to toasting with you a Kraken Colada next March.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Remembrance Day here yesterday.  Sydney Opera House sails had poppies for the dawn services and then again in the evening.

Photo courtesy of RSL NSW (returned services league)

At 11am we pause to remember the service of Australians who have served our country past and present.  Lest we forget.

C71E69A9-8B3F-48FA-8B04-812CE4A1D7F8.thumb.jpeg.83243c99727b24240ca29466e21494a9.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful. 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2022 at 3:13 PM, Sea Dog said:

Thanks @Momof3gurlz to give me the idea to take a COVID test for my cold symptoms. Looks like the KC Whiskey Expo Saturday was a super spreader event. I just tested positive. First time in 3 years that I got COVID.

Sorry to hear this Greg, hope you are feeling OK.  

So hard to keep up on this thread while at sea

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry to hear this Greg, hope you are feeling OK.  

So hard to keep up on this thread while at sea

I think you will be forgiven. The fact that you have even checked in while at sea deserves high kudos.

• Like 7

So the problem with keeping up to date on posting the different drinks us that at some point in time the drinks win.

We had a great start to the first day and we kept pretty good track.  Unfortunately neither Sarah or I remember going back to our room and thr next day the first drink wasn't happening until 5pm.

Here's our scorecard from day 1.  Topped out at 15 or so and I drank a couple of Sarahs that she didn't like.

Screenshot_20221110_105719.thumb.jpg.d5984519a3887fcd40fefd1d7e490bf6.jpg

work kind of got in tje way for a bit and we did get sn invite to Coastal Kitchen last night for dinner...nice meal and much calmer than the MDR.

lazy day today in Cozumel, off the ship to buy a silver chain, a 1 litter bottle of Vanilla as a consolation prize for Vikki and SarH bought 2 bottles of Vodka.

Because everyone on board has the drink package they just let us carry the booze on board.

For the Flowriders out there...golden unicorn sailing...never more than 2 or 3 riders and sometimes no one is there. 

Apologies to all whose posts I've missed. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last month whole cruising,  the kids cane over and picked about everything out of the garden since we were having our 1st freeze night.   I put all the green and partially green tomatoes in boxes to ripen.  In this box every tomato was green.  Now look at them.

20221111_124240.thumb.jpg.814bbe6d2a819596ce1b4f8fb9abd304.jpg

This box was green to partially green.

20221111_124251.thumb.jpg.f36d3a6ce1d7aed9fede6ff850638485.jpg

Another box that holding some about ready to eat.

20221111_124359.thumb.jpg.347a74e39b8aecc25e1b623349dd8265.jpg

Last year we ate our last garden tomato mid December. 

This method works good for peaches too.  When grocery peaches are hard, I put them up like this and they ripen up to just ripe peaches.

If you trybthis method make sure you check up on them every few days.

Is the banana what helps the tomatoes ripen?

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So the problem with keeping up to date on posting the different drinks us that at some point in time the drinks win.

We had a great start to the first day and we kept pretty good track.  Unfortunately neither Sarah or I remember going back to our room and thr next day the first drink wasn't happening until 5pm.

Here's our scorecard from day 1.  Topped out at 15 or so and I drank a couple of Sarahs that she didn't like.

I'm impressed. That's a good list. Lots of variety. Try a Brandy Alexander from the Schooner as a nightcap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The sister of one of my friends lives in Israel with her 8 children.They are Ultra Orthodox and none have ever been in the military.They have a religious exemption .

This was taken from google:

The haredi (ultra-Orthodox) community, fearing that military service would cause spiritual harm and necessarily occupy time that would be better spent on Torah study, spearheaded legislation whereby potential conscripts appear before the IDF and declare that “Torah is their occupation”

This causes an understandable rift and resentment in Israeli society.

I'm proud that my Israeli orthodox (not ultra) friends and family served and are serving in the Israeli army with distinction.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm impressed. That's a good list. Lots of variety. Try a Brandy Alexander from the Schooner as a nightcap.

The young one kept up with tje old guy for the most part but the difference was the next day....rookies. 

Thanks for another new drink  will add that to tonight's list. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Veterans Day and a heartfelt thank you to all who serve. 
I may have posted this before, but here’s my favorite veteran, my Dad, in the back of a helicopter somewhere over Vietnam in 1967.  For some reason it’s my favorite picture of him, looking so young and handsome.  I think it’s also because he was a career military man through & through so this photo really captures him in his element.  I miss him.  

C20C776F-2909-4108-AA94-A2527B7CC383.thumb.jpeg.bcedda90f9a872677947493f0ff8e5ae.jpeg

I love this photo.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Veterans Day and a heartfelt thank you to all who serve. 
I may have posted this before, but here’s my favorite veteran, my Dad, in the back of a helicopter somewhere over Vietnam in 1967.  For some reason it’s my favorite picture of him, looking so young and handsome.  I think it’s also because he was a career military man through & through so this photo really captures him in his element.  I miss him.  

C20C776F-2909-4108-AA94-A2527B7CC383.thumb.jpeg.bcedda90f9a872677947493f0ff8e5ae.jpeg

Handsome fellow, your Dad!  Jim was also in Vietnam in 1967,  Army tanks..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Has there been any talk of a Gangway on a NCL Encore collapsing? It  happened in Panama. Anyone have any more info on this? That had to be terrible, hope everyone gets well soon and it wasn't to serious.

Looks like the fall was from deck 6  down to the ground.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2022/11/articles/passenger-rights/norwegian-encore-gangway-collapse/

NCL Gangway

That's horrible.   I hope no one was seriously injured.    Having a ramp like that to go from deck 6 sounds rather steep for some people to walk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We had a bunch to give away before we left on our cruise last month then came back to a bunch more. 

I started off using paper bags.  It works good too. I find it easier to check them while in a box.  Adding a banana or two will help them ripen.   

If you have a sealer like a FoodSaver or chamber vac, you Mike like making roasted tomatoes and freeze them.  I have grown to love them.  

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

She took the test and now she is positive. Looks like we will hunker down in the house for the next few days. I’m starting to feel a little better. In some way I’m glad this happened now instead of during the holidays.

Sorry to hear Linda is now Positive.  Glad to hear you are beginning to feel better, Greg.  Don't over due it with your Christmas decorating until you are better!

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My cold symptoms are all gone, I just feel fatigued - from all my laying around LOL.  Feel better, both of you.  

Good to hear that Andy is still negative.  I sure hope your DD doesn't come down with it, so you can celebrate her big day next week!  Good to hear your symptoms are gone, and as I told Greg, don't over due it!

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm not much of a drinker but I look forward to trying my first kraken colada on our Bella cruise!

You must be so relieved, now that your eye is no longer hurting!

Kraken colada's are delicious!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I admire your dedication to the cause & you and Sarah are my new heroes. 

I wish I could do what you guys did but I'm no good at mixing drinks. Maybe 3 different drinks, 4 on a good night.  After that, my stomach says start over - if you catch my drift - and stick to just one kind of drink. 

Stupid stomach.😄

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

work kind of got in tje way for a bit and we did get sn invite to Coastal Kitchen last night for dinner...nice meal and much calmer than the MDR.

lazy day today in Cozumel, off the ship to buy a silver chain, a 1 litter bottle of Vanilla as a consolation prize for Vikki and SarH bought 2 bottles of Vodka.

Because everyone on board has the drink package they just let us carry the booze on board.

For the Flowriders out there...golden unicorn sailing...never more than 2 or 3 riders and sometimes no one is there. 

Apologies to all whose posts I've missed. 

While I like to keep switching drinks , I am in awe of your selection, i toast to you I just finished a lunch with 4 or 5 martinis, happy that the special selections are just 4 dollars each . Just a couple of weeks to our drink package on celebrity beyond. 😁😁

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

This was taken from google:

The haredi (ultra-Orthodox) community, fearing that military service would cause spiritual harm and necessarily occupy time that would be better spent on Torah study, spearheaded legislation whereby potential conscripts appear before the IDF and declare that “Torah is their occupation”

This causes an understandable rift and resentment in Israeli society.

I'm proud that my Israeli orthodox (not ultra) friends and family served and are serving in the Israeli army with distinction.  

We have a family friend who served in the IDF rising to one of the highest ranks ever for a woman. I have a cousin who is an Opthalmologist in Israel who served .My father had friends who relocated from Romania to Israel  .

My niece Avila lived and worked in Israel for many years.My son in law Gershon and his two brothers lived there.However,not is all milk and honey there as I am sure that you know.