Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 11/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m so far behind here after cruising last week that I won’t even bother to catch up.  Apologies if I missed any milestones or important news.  
We had a great week on Voyager, came home to temps in the mid-70’s yesterday but back to 50’s today.  The amount of leaves to be cleaned up is staggering!  We couldn’t even see any grass in the backyard, but fortunately those can all be blown into the woods behind us.  Andy has his work cut out this week.  I’ll be busy unpacking, doing laundry and putting all that summer stuff away until we need it again in January.  I’m also looking forward to catching up on our recordings of last weeks Jeopardy Tournament of Champions and watching the second half this week.  We’re Jeopardy junkies.  Not particularly good at, but we try.  Some nights I feel like I’m killing the game and other nights I’m clueless.  
Soup is on the menu tonight for the chilly weather - quite a step down from our dinners for the past week.  

We’ve been gone a week , also , and trying to catch up .  Your Jeopardy comment made me stop reading . I’m a fan , also , and if you want to answer every final Jeopardy answer correctly , the day’s answer and recap of the show is on  Jeopardyfan.com posted that day . My husband never caught on I was cheating. We went to the taping in Culver City while Trebek was the host.

Well , to those of you who need the Internet on board we had satellite problems on the Navigator so no TV , ATM and internet for quite awhile.  It didn’t bother me except on election night the TV kept freezing . That was extremely annoying.  RC may have given us compensation , I opened the letter and read 15% refund applied to future cruise . It was only when I returned home did I notice someone else’s name on the heading . I hope , I get the same deal.   

I have not read past the above post so hoping this not insensitive to what is happening . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I just saw the video. Wow....

I was just rolling through random YouTube videos that the algorithm thought I wanted to see and this one popped up. I didn't realize it was breaking news until after I watched and looked at the upload date.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2022 at 1:38 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, the ones that our family love are Carmello Koalas and Allen’s snakes alive. DH is addicted to the first.  DS will take the later with him when he plays cricket for a sugar hit. So they pass the taste test.

2B1ED0DD-740D-402D-B668-C9EF8BABBFD9.thumb.jpeg.7e3fd6f3424ed63340fa51fafbf34b82.jpeg

Sorry, for the upside down photo but when I think of lollies, I think of Minties which were a staple of my childhood.  Great for if you had a loose tooth!

3DF6D6FA-B26A-40F8-93EA-13AA7D474C96.thumb.jpeg.9f91e4854c3a86ce9292a922480410e0.jpeg

Allen’s lollies are Australian made, so a couple more that might appeal.

BA6837EC-77FC-4010-A63A-0E582507CC22.thumb.jpeg.78e9ce284b9a3d304ea8dc192ba03e81.jpeg

If you want to take home a chocolate bar - Picnic - chocolate & nuts (mentioned if any nut allergies)

0127B6B6-2637-426E-96DA-4F1352B7D1FB.thumb.jpeg.d48ac7ae12f43cd0df4236cfcef9a83b.jpeg

These photos were taken in a Woolies supermarket.  If you are still in the CBD and have time, there is a Woolies supermarket opposite Town Hall Station on the corner of George Street - if you want to see what is on offer in their lollies/chocolate aisle.  

I assume this is what you meant by candies?

Yes these should do. We found some of the Caramello Koalas at Wollies, but weren't sure about others. This helps a lot. What about Chokitos? I saw these online.

• Like 1

Last night on board and Kelsea Ballerini was playing an invite only event in the aquatheatre.  They were prepared, we tried the doors to the deck 7 balcony an hour early and they already had people posted there.

We went up to 15 and were going to see what we could looking over the side of the boardwalk, the theater was half empty.  We left there about ten minutes before the show started and decided to see if they were going to open it up for all.  By the time we made it to the boardwalk the doors were wide open.  Ended up getting great seats and it was a great show.20221112_214203.thumb.jpg.1c58e5a84e5c98ea81766084442a0827.jpg

Now it's time for DSB...Journey tribute band.  Great way to end the cruise although not looking forward to the cold front that has moved into Texas. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Have been busy so I haven't really been reading the thread. Not sure if people saw the 2 vintage airplanes that crashed over Dallas. Very sad. Mike got an email this morning saying they were AA pilots. On the train to the Australian Museum.

Pretty shocking, we have see lots of aerial shows. In DFW never seen a mishap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Puppy pictures please….after all, you’ve got nothing else to do 😹 

Yes I do need to take some. We ones. I was waiting until they get groomed in a couple of weeks. Their hair is long and they have some matts. Looking a little mangy.

Have been busy so I haven't really been reading the thread. Not sure if people saw the 2 vintage airplanes that crashed over Dallas. Very sad. Mike got an email this morning saying they were AA pilots. On the train to the Australian Museum.

I saw that so sad I’m surprised the smaller plane who was behind the larger plane didn’t see them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, George C said:

Pretty shocking, we have see lots of aerial shows. In DFW never seen a mishap.

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I saw that so sad I’m surprised the smaller plane who was behind the larger plane didn’t see them.

They had to have seen them.  I'm assuming either a mechanical failure or medical emergency.  there is no other explanation.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

"Inventory" ....

@jagsfan Mimi, glad to see you posting. Missed you 😘

@h20skibum Mark, positive thoughts your way 🌹

@LucasLikesToCruise  warmest regards 🌼

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

@DaniDanielle Marietta, Happy Birthday to Charlie. Wishing you a wonderful celebration 😘💐

Good to know I’m part of the “inventory “ 😊. I appreciate how you always try to make everyone feel so welcomed here.  You are a great hostess.  I’m a news junkie and hope that you are able to feel a bit more relaxed in your country.   I read a recent article on a aviation website about shared flights to fifa with Palestinian and Israeli passengers.  I’m guessing it’s more of a publicity stunt than anything but if not it’s a good step??.

• Like 4

Yes these should do. We found some of the Caramello Koalas at Wollies, but weren't sure about others. This helps a lot. What about Chokitos? I saw these online.

Love Chokito.  Not sold just in Australia but if not sold in the US, I’d recommend for sure.43E07D3B-5BB3-4F64-A0FA-1647C9D3EA23.thumb.jpeg.b1e3e62b392a6ef418558b86891949c2.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

Sometimes I feel left out that I don’t respond to every post that I like to follow. So many people here I can relate to.  I agree 100% most times and others I wonder what planet they live LOL.  😎.  I truly appreciate everyone’s comments on here even if I don’t always respond.  I tend to be a Sheldon Cooper (asphergers thing) with most comments here.   But I truly love and appreciate most comments on here.  You have all, mostly, comforted me.   And I want to say thank you to everyone I haven’t met yet. 😎

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CruiserGuyWPB said:

Sometimes I feel left out that I don’t respond to every post that I like to follow. So many people here I can relate to.  I agree 100% most times and others I wonder what planet they live LOL.  😎.  I truly appreciate everyone’s comments on here even if I don’t always respond.  I tend to be a Sheldon Cooper (asphergers thing) with most comments here.   But I truly love and appreciate most comments on here.  You have all, mostly, comforted me.   And I want to say thank you to everyone I haven’t met yet. 😎

Does the WPB have some significance on your new screen name, Lucas? ☺️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CruiserGuyWPB said:

It West Palm Beach Coralc

Thanks! That makes a lot more sense, than all of the silly ones I was trying out. 😀Don't worry about it! It was just new to me. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2