Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I never head of this word? But I would gladly eat it.

Sounds like American Italian.  If I remember correctly OB, you're full blooded Italian...right?  If so, what are your thoughts on @island lady putting pineapple on her pizza?  Are you part of the "pineapple never belongs on a pizza" camp, or part of the "put whatever tastes good to you on a pizza" camp?

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like American Italian.  If I remember correctly OB, you're full blooded Italian...right?  If so, what are your thoughts on @island lady putting pineapple on her pizza?  Are you part of the "pineapple never belongs on a pizza" camp, or part of the "put whatever tastes good to you on a pizza" camp?

LOL...I only put Pineapple on the pizza once.  It was an experiment (and I do like to experiment with different toppings)...but when I realized we would have the fresh Pineapple, thought I would give it a go.  Though it was really good, probably won't do it again. 

Did like the BBQ chicken pizza I made one time! 

Bucky is still more traditional with the diced Pepperoni, Portobello mushrooms, Spinach (mostly for me) Onions, and lots of cheese.  I use Goat cheese, mixed Italian, and grated Parm.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

LOL...I only put Pineapple on the pizza once.  It was an experiment (and I do like to experiment with different toppings)...but when I realized we would have the fresh Pineapple, thought I would give it a go.  Though it was really good, probably won't do it again. 

Did like the BBQ chicken pizza I made one time! 

Bucky is still more traditional with the diced Pepperoni, Portobello mushrooms, Spinach (mostly for me) Onions, and lots of cheese.  I use Goat cheese, mixed Italian, and grated Parm.  

I don't mind pineapple on pizza so long as it's on a Hawaiian pizza with bacon.  Everything's better with bacon. 

And I totally 1000% support fresh pineapple in a rum drink.  Speaking of which, time for the DL to open at my house. 🍹

1 hour ago, Missusdubbya said:

We are sunny here in Brisbane today too. I hope Sarah recovers quickly Graham

😁

Someday!

Thanks, we are usually blessed with sunny weather in Brisbane 

Thank you.

Sarah phoned to say she has aches and pains and tired.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Graham.

• Like 1

The cornbread muffins made me think of the difficulties I’ve been having since our 39 year old oven died (RIP) and it’s taking awhile to get another.  I had made chili one night and everything I was thinking to go with it required an oven.  So I got creative and we made cornbread hoecakes in a cast iron skillet.  Delicious!  The next time we tried cheesy cornbread in a waffle iron.  Great as well!!  Then I remembered I have a bread machine!!  But I’d still like to have an oven...😜

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

The cornbread muffins made me think of the difficulties I’ve been having since our 39 year old oven died (RIP) and it’s taking awhile to get another.  I had made chili one night and everything I was thinking to go with it required an oven.  So I got creative and we made cornbread hoecakes in a cast iron skillet.  Delicious!  The next time we tried cheesy cornbread in a waffle iron.  Great as well!!  Then I remembered I have a bread machine!!  But I’d still like to have an oven...😜

We bought a Breville countertop toaster oven as both a toaster and a second oven. Works really well as an oven and can roast a small turkey. It can also air fry,  cook pizza (haven’t tried that yet), bake cookies, and reheat leftovers nicely. Heats up very quickly. Unless we need the larger space inside the big wall oven, we use the Breville. You should be able to find one in stock at a local store. 

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Making traditional chicken stew from scratch in the crock pot right now.  Takes all day for the good smells to finally happen...but love slow cooker meals.  🙂  I do all my dry beans in it as well.  

Last night was brats on the grill with my "ranch style" beans.  Regular brats for Bucky, "Beyond Meat" veggie brat for me.  😉 

It looks yummy!  If you can share the recipe, it would be greatly

appreciated.  I’m always looking for slow cooker recipes online. Thanks!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, singinalot said:

We went to the Tampa Zoo today. Nate & I watch the Tampa Zoo show so we were super excited as was my sister who worked the safari ride at Animal Kingdom for several years. The zoo was empty. We parked in the first row of parking...I mean, when has that ever happened? 😞

Before the zoo we went to this hipster market downtown called Armeture Works. It’s right on the water and super cute inside but not somewhere to spend a lot of time.

B6C3A9B7-B453-4B94-BDB3-6297D14E6265.jpeg

02E5D298-79BD-4515-9BB3-A1D129AB20A0.jpeg

BA18E1D8-FDF0-4E22-A0A2-22CFA5446D6A.jpeg

07F9E5E0-1CEB-4DCD-A098-35FF4FC9387B.jpeg

376DD35D-43D0-4DE1-A581-9BAF5E6A892D.jpeg

2C835738-CC0B-48F9-A846-93781C83A126.jpeg

EA45F996-BA04-4C92-A281-16E80631BE4F.jpeg

25753782-5856-4655-A281-59DD079AB59E.jpeg

2382B89B-B224-4ED2-8D16-ECD03E408A4B.jpeg

1AC95C9D-CCAE-404A-9CEB-177C411D3414.jpeg

2CBC00AD-FCAA-4014-A12A-8EAAAC27DC4C.jpeg

Great selection of photos thanks.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We bought a Breville countertop toaster oven as both a toaster and a second oven. Works really well as an oven and can roast a small turkey. It can also air fry,  cook pizza (haven’t tried that yet), bake cookies, and reheat leftovers nicely. Heats up very quickly. Unless we need the larger space inside the big wall oven, we use the Breville. You should be able to find one in stock at a local store. 

Another friend recommended a Breville toaster oven as well.  I was seriously thinking about getting one when it seemed the oven delivery/installation might take weeks.  Many twists and turns but it currently looks like we’re going to get our new one installed on Monday.  (I probably just jinxed that...). But I may wind up with a Breville one day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Before the zoo we went to this hipster market downtown called Armeture Works. It’s right on the water and super cute inside but not somewhere to spend a lot of time.

Sounds like a decent day. Lisa likes watching the zoo shows as well. 

Little useless piece of trivia, Hawaiian Pizza originated in Chatham Ontario. Just a few hours away from where I am. I don’t eat it often but I do upon occasion. We have a chicken with Alfredo sauce pizza that I don’t mind eating once in a while too. 

• Like 4

Few pics from the day. Had a meeting at my moms. Snow picked up. 

F93330D4-C9DA-4CD1-B39B-C710E2AC3EFD.thumb.jpeg.f083ba90519023ed0fbcc67eb404cd75.jpeg

After I got home Lucy met me at the side door.  Wishing for some treats. She got them. 

6E988FA0-F8F5-4E6C-8708-1612BD344CE4.thumb.jpeg.cbf6aa8554cab15abe8235a151d0c8fe.jpeg 

Then watched for some birds. 

82CC44CC-78B8-41E1-997E-109C62BA6656.thumb.jpeg.23be9fde21d5780da114c2e1bc34c493.jpeg

None came along. 

D82451FC-962D-47A1-8B3A-A1D9900C07F1.thumb.jpeg.92bc7ad8235e82b33f4e226a4619ab53.jpeg

Then she wished and hoped that we forgot that we had given her snacks already.  She then retreated to her barn. 

BEF69676-E337-44CD-B598-5AE17B29644A.thumb.jpeg.db7cf032a809b4c6471d4e2d01ce9ff7.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Maybe some strawberries to go with that pineapple?😏 Fruit, other than tomatoes, does not belong on pizza and pepperoni should be sliced not diced. I am very fond of anchovies along with the pepperoni. I am right with @island ladyon those mushrooms though!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Little useless piece of trivia, Hawaiian Pizza originated in Chatham Ontario. Just a few hours away from where I am. I don’t eat it often but I do upon occasion. We have a chicken with Alfredo sauce pizza that I don’t mind eating once in a while too. 

Like you I don’t mind Hawaiian once in a while, I would even try the chicken and Alfredo pizza but I do draw the line at this nasty looking concoction that Boston Pizza calls a Christmas Pizza.  

Boston Pizza in Canada (which is called Boston's Pizza in the U.S.) is serving a new Christmas pie with all the fixings: seasoned rotisserie turkey, house-made stuffing, rosemary sage cream sauce and Italian cheeses topped with cranberry sauce and warm turkey gravy, which sounds more like a Thanksgiving pizza.Nov.

4B10F1A2-537C-491E-88DA-320F8ECF24B6.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

I had to go back and reread this post as I thought I remembered you mentioning Jalapenos on pizza. Reminds me of a time in my other life when I was single again and use to hang out a bar called The Whole In The Wall. Great place to shoot pool, dance, drink and eat.  It was run by a biker and his ole' lady (sorry girls 😉). One of the many toppings to select from was sliced Jalapenos. You could have them backed on the pizza or put on after. Unfortunately he got closed down. Rumor has it on special orders he was using his own home grown oregano. I plead the 5th. 😎

I love "dive" bars.    That's a great name - The Whole in the Wall - shame they closed down hopefully it wasn't because of his home grown oregano 🤪

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Like you I don’t mind Hawaiian once in a while, I would even try the chicken and Alfredo pizza but I do draw the line at this nasty looking concoction that Boston Pizza calls a Christmas Pizza.  

Boston Pizza in Canada (which is called Boston's Pizza in the U.S.) is serving a new Christmas pie with all the fixings: seasoned rotisserie turkey, house-made stuffing, rosemary sage cream sauce and Italian cheeses topped with cranberry sauce and warm turkey gravy, which sounds more like a Thanksgiving pizza.Nov.

NO Thank you!   I agree with you, That does not appeal to me at all!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Oh No no no no....😐

• Haha 2