Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Joking aside, I'd love to see Apple get rid of all proprietary formats, both hardware and software.  Why does the lightning port still exist instead of USB-C?   There's too much money involved for that to happen.

IMG_6076.thumb.jpeg.69cb1f26ed17a4f919b0ab4f6240fe04.jpeg

• Like 4

We are headed down to Orlando today.  Our younger daughter will turn 25 on Friday.  She's the one that used to dance competitively and now coaches a couple of dance teams.  They have a competition this weekend at the Hilton Orlando/Convention Center.  She flies in early tomorrow morning but the competition doesn't start until Friday morning, so we'll pick her up at the airport and head to Universal Studios for the day tomorrow.  She wants to see the new(ish) Harry Potter area.  Since we won't get to the park until around 11:00, I figured we'd better get Express Passes so that we're not waiting in line for hours.  3 Adult tickets plus 3 Express Passes (separate from the ticket) is like taking out a mortgage on a house.  Wow.

Micheline will also give her this to wear at the competition on Friday...her actual birthday.  Since we won't be at the competition, she's told the other coaches to make sure that she wears it. Parenting can be fun. 😁

Amazon.com: BRT Bearingshui 25th Birthday Sash and Tiara for Women, Rose Gold Birthday Sash Crown 25 & Fabulous Sash and Tiara for Women, 25th Birthday Gifts for Happy 25th Birthday Party Favor Supplies : Home & Kitchen

image.png.1287362841f29562d23d139ac8a123bc.png

• Like 21

42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Joking aside, I'd love to see Apple get rid of all proprietary formats, both hardware and software.  Why does the lightning port still exist instead of USB-C?   There's too much money involved for that to happen.

I love Apple but I totally agree with this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s how I say it also. I don’t understand why people say y’all when talking to one person. Y’all is plural so it shouldn’t apply when talking to a single person. At least that’s how I see it.

We received an email not too long ago saying if you bought booze on your first cruise they won’t deliver it until your last cruise. 

Yes, yes, and yes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@sgmn  I’m not going to “like” this post for obvious reasons.  I am so sorry, but as you said…Mother Nature can be cruel at times.😢😥

I feel we've been bad step parents. If there's a next time, we'll just leave the green house door open a crack and open the roof vents to allow the parent birds to fly in and out. 

We were so enjoying seeing them flit in and out with food and the pics of the babies mouths open wide. Probably would of been big enough to fledge in a few days. 

Molly the Collie keeps cats away during the day, but at 3am she was sleeping on the job 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, dpostman said:

OB, try VLC on your phone to play .mov files.  it's free.  If VLC does not play a file, it's not meant to be played 😉

dp

Thanks. I actually have that on my laptop. I never thought of it for my phone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Why does the lightning port still exist instead of USB-C? 

This got me thinking.  My new MacBook Pro has 3 Thunderbolt 4 (USB-3) ports.  I was trying to find how to transfer photos from my Samsung S21 to the MacBook. To do it with a usb-3 cord you need an app.  From what I've read the free apps are buggy.   Then I remembered I got a file transfer device to easily transfer from my 360 camera to the phone.  The transfer device has a USB-3 connection.   I just figured out I can use it to move photos from my phone to my MacBook!  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

There’s not really any difference between Houston, Dallas, El Paso, Brownsville or Amarillo. People say y’all all over Texas. Maybe your friends weren’t around any true Texans or transplants that have picked it up.

Born and raised in Texas and I never really got used to being called ma’am. Not sure why, but I think because I always considered it for someone older. I suppose it would fit now. 😆

I have no idea.I have a distinct Brooklyn ,NY accent .Very few people who I know or have met who lived there as long as me no longer have an accent.

• Like 1

My granddog Beuk is visiting here today.Since tonight is Survivor I quizzed him once again as to who will win this series.Once again he barked when I said Yam Yam.He is a very intelligent dog .He responds to commands in English and Hebrew and I am teaching him to respond to Italian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For @dani negreanu and others who asked about the return air vent grill for our kitchen remodel. We had one made ,also paint color matches the rest of the cabinets on that wall.

Turned out really nice. 🙂

20230323_084259.thumb.jpg.6be34bb4b2ae1d4618275086e841e6b5.jpg

20230426_093626.thumb.jpg.51aef8a2a0bcee44ec20a5ba975ca707.jpg

Jimbo, DH and I are more than happy with the end result 👍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2023 at 3:49 PM, NHProud said:

@dani negreanu Oh Dani , where are you ?  I hope , everything is working out well for you . 

Thanks Judy. We just made it to Marakkech, finally and exhausted. Border control took forever checking out my DH passport and visa…

Then, a first - your luggage is checked out at the exit…

Our accommodation in a old house just inside the Medina is quite disappointing — no window, just a door to a corridor, very dark and quite drably. Internet very very slow to practically non existent… that’s what get us when you “aspire” to live like a locals …

And it is HOT, scorching 🥵 — 102-103F 😰😰

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks Judy. We just made it to Marakkech, finally and exhausted. Border control took forever checking out my DH passport and visa…

Then, a first - your luggage is checked out at the exit…

Our accommodation in a old house just inside the Medina is quite disappointing — no window, just a door to a corridor, very dark and quite drably. Internet very very slow to practically non existent… that’s what get us when you “aspire” to live like a locals …

And it is HOT, scorching 🥵 — 102-103F 

The important thing is that you are there and it is time to enjoy Marrakech.  A temp of 102° is hot and I’ve experienced 107° here in San Diego so I know hot . They say that dry heat is not so bad . HA !  I hope you have access to A/C . 

The bazaars should be interesting with all the spices .  I don’t know about the dust and insects , though . 

Tell your hubby to follow Phil’s advice .  He seems to laugh and joke a lot .  

I hope , you make the best of it and get to eat some terrific meals . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@NHProud I want to thank you for bringing up smell training and Covid. I was hesitant to try but I am glad I did. I started using the essential oils four weeks ago and have shown some improvement in both taste and smell. Still a long way to go but happy to actually enjoy smelling my hyacinths and tulips. 

I ended up buying a kit from the Smell Project. Amazon carries it cheaper than the projects website. There is another I saw from an organization called “abscent. I thought that one had a cute name lol. Their website had some really good videos for anyone going through loss of taste and smell. 

Thanks for being the “push” I needed. 😀

3CA24535-CA84-4F45-B2BF-A7F72C527499.thumb.jpeg.875c9083ad169d3a21f99c171253ff65.jpeg

40AF2DE8-66F8-43FA-A930-B8A2EF181320.thumb.jpeg.74763d99040664adf94411250d35e75c.jpeg

8F6EAEA9-815B-4691-8D46-197C5FE4B73B.thumb.jpeg.be82e80a2c05af8333dab87c21723a58.jpeg

E393D5CD-F432-4404-A596-95A569EDD678.thumb.jpeg.84e2bf19f0aa0bf163c161a2a5e49a1d.jpeg

673F9468-EBD7-42A9-ACC7-A39EB4E2A5C1.thumb.jpeg.bf752bbf25ac18b89d3c57b07cdd5bdf.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1