Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have been married 42 years but today was 44 years since we got engaged.

Dinner tonight.

I forgot to photo Pauline's haddock and chips.

IMG_20231006_181405.jpg

IMG_20231006_181408.jpg

IMG_20231006_185040.jpg

Congratulations to you two.

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

From September though November this is how I spend every Friday night... and love every minute of it.

20231006_182338.thumb.jpg.c3836d904f2e2c8b48781246f04a9b76.jpg

This was our Thursday night. Owen’s team is 0-3 this year.  Hopefully you will have better luck than our boys. Unfortunately I think they will be out in the first game of playoffs. The senior program does not get the same coaching skills as the junior program. We personally know more than 6 players that either quit or didn’t even tryout this year because of the coaching techniques.

Last night was spent at the hockey rink. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks OB! So how do you know if it can be treated with antibiotics? Would a steroid pack help? 

Stool cultures, PCR testing, and toxin identification can be of value in determining causation. I know far too little about your issue to answer the second question.

• Like 3

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Stool cultures, PCR testing, and toxin identification can be of value in determining causation. I know far too little about your issue to answer the second question.

Thank you very much for your help. I’m taking it easy all weekend and sticking to a bland diet. May go back to see my doc on Monday.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27  @Coralc  @h20skibum

Graham, Patti & Mark,

Thank you. We're OK for now, and I'm glad that our grands are not in Israel anymore....

Woke up at 6.30AM to the "tune" of sirens alerting missile attack. DH, who doesn't wear his hearing aids when sleeping, was blissfully unaware. Woke him up and we rushed to our shelter room.

Having a "deja vu" -- 50 years and one day ago, a Saturday, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar....

The Yom Kippur war started. DH, as a reservist, was drafted for 6 months !!! We were married less than 9 months. I moved back to my parents.

The worst scenario all over again, but 50 years ago we had the "buffer" of the Sinai Peninsula, and the first victims were soldiers.

Now "they" crossed the frontier straight into civilian cities and settlements....

Dani, adding our prayers for your safety, thought of you when i turned on the tv this morning and that was the first thing i saw.  Such a world we are living in 😪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, h20skibum said:

@Sea Dog Greg, definitely stay on top of it.  Hope you get back to normal before your cruise.

Yes me too. We cruise in two weeks from today. Got to get this over so I can enjoy good food and drink. I guess the good news is that my diet of bananas and crackers has netted me a loss of 5 pounds.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@A&L_Ont Andrew, how is the jaw doing.  I hope you are able to get it open to enjoy some eating pleasures. 

Eating is getting a bit easier. At my last appointment (Tuesday) they took moulds of my teeth and I will be getting upper and lower appliances to wear at night and in the day.  The day time one is much smaller and in only on my lower teeth, and the upper is larger and only for nighttime.  

When they did the lower one, I could hear popping in my jaw and it felt pretty painful.  However, right after I could open my jaw twice as far.  Unfortunately at this point, it doesn’t move that far. 

I currently only use the temporary one at night.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 14

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you. We're OK for now, and I'm glad that our grands are not in Israel anymore....

Woke up at 6.30AM to the "tune" of sirens alerting missile attack. DH, who doesn't wear his hearing aids when sleeping, was blissfully unaware. Woke him up and we rushed to our shelter room.

Having a "deja vu" -- 50 years and one day ago, a Saturday, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar....🙏The Yom Kippur war started. DH, as a reservist, was drafted for 6 months !!! We were married less than 9 months. I moved back to my parents.

The worst scenario all over again, but 50 years ago we had the "buffer" of the Sinai Peninsula, and the first victims were soldiers.

Now "they" crossed the frontier straight into civilian cities and settlements....

What a dreadful thing to wake up to.  Dani, I am so sorry that you, your DH, and your family, and Israel as a whole, is going through this horrendous attack.  May peace be with you all.🙏  You are in my prayers.  So thankful that your son, DIL. and grandsons are safe in Amsterdam.  I am so sorry.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Tower of London is definitely a must see.  I'd also highly recommend adding a Verger guided tour of Westminster Abby to your itinerary.  The Abby has incredible history and the Verger will tell stories and take you places that the general public can't go, like the tomb of Edward the Confessor.  It felt strange to me to be standing within inches of the burial place of so many famous kings and queens.  St. Paul's Cathedral was also great, especially the dome if you can physically handle all of the stairs.  If I had to choose just one though, I'd go for Westminster Abby.  

Thank you so much for the suggestion to add the Verger guided tour, Bob!  Definitely will be on my list.  I read your post on Mark's @h20skibum live report from his 2019 trip to London.  Thank you again!  It looks like from everyone's responses to me, that 4 days seems to be enough time...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are off the ship and headed to the airport.   From leaving the room to getting in our Lyft took about 20 minutes!  Most of that time was on the elevator.   We had to go up to get down.  Our airplane boarding time was moved up but it looks like we will make it easy. 

Safe travels, John, Sharon, and friends!

Great that disembarking was so quick for you all.  Kind of makes up for the mishaps at the beginning of your cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Abbey was so much more interesting than I ever thought it would be. And I agree, it felt strange to be so close to kings and queens. I especially felt it near Elizabeth I.

I experienced the same feeling. We went to an actual church service at Westminster Abbey on a Sunday, then went back for a tour later. Both were very moving.

They are rightfully particular about having no tourists looking around while the church service is going on. They gave us skeptical looks and verified that we were indeed there for the service before letting us in.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Abbey was so much more interesting than I ever thought it would be. And I agree, it felt strange to be so close to kings and queens. I especially felt it near Elizabeth I.

I've read so many books over the years, fiction as well as non-fiction, stories about the Kings and Queens of England, that I am so looking forward  to seeing London and especially the Tower of London;  Bob's suggestion about the Abbey and the Verger Tour has me excited.

37 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@Sea Dog Greg, definitely stay on top of it.  Hope you get back to normal before your cruise.

@A&L_Ont Andrew, how is the jaw doing.  I hope you are able to get it open to enjoy some eating pleasures. 

+1 @Sea Dog  and @A&L_Ont

• Like 5

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham, Patti & Mark,

Having a "deja vu" -- 50 years and one day ago, a Saturday, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar....

The Yom Kippur war started. DH, as a reservist, was drafted for 6 months !!! We were married less than 9 months. I moved back to my parents.

Jack and I were sickened when we woke up to learn Israel is under attack.  Over 40+ dead, over 900 injured is way too much to comprehend.  

Your son and his family in Amsterdam remind me of the Yom Kipper War 50 years ago.  When the Yom Kipper War broke out, soldiers, of course, rushed to join the fighting.  For once, Jack's mother rubbed her heart and said "thank G-d my son is in America".

Wishing you, your family, Jack's family and all of Israel a quick end to this horror.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Eating is getting a bit easier. At my last appointment (Tuesday) they took moulds of my teeth and I will be getting upper and lower appliances to wear at night and in the day.  The day time one is much smaller and in only on my lower teeth, and the upper is larger and only for nighttime.  

When they did the lower one, I could hear popping in my jaw and it felt pretty painful.  However, right after I could open my jaw twice as far.  Unfortunately at this point, it doesn’t move that far. 

I currently only use the temporary one at night.

I sure hope this works out for you, Andrew!  As a person who's had so many dental procedures, as well as bone implants before titanium implants in my jaw, I feel for you.  🥰

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack and I were sickened when we woke up to learn Israel is under attack.  Over 40+ dead, over 900 injured is way too much to comprehend.  

Wishing you, your family, Jack's family and all of Israel a quick end to this horror.

I am so sorry, Bonnie and Jack😔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1