Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We always talk about new series and movies, but just watched one of my favorite old westerns John Wayne in She wore a yellow ribbon, never get tired of seeing a great old movie like this . 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, George C said:

We always talk about new series and movies, but just watched one of my favorite old westerns John Wayne in She wore a yellow ribbon, never get tired of seeing a great old movie like this . 

I love classic movies! Any other recommendations? Preferably ones where the villains are punished and everyone else lives happily ever after!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I love classic movies! Any other recommendations? Preferably ones where the villains are punished and everyone else lives happily ever after!

Casablanca and To kill a mockingbird are two of my all time favorites 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

No surprise that My Cousin Vinny is my favorite comedy.

Classics Gone With The Wind, Sayonara, Terms of Endearment, It Happened One Night come to mind.  I know there are many others.

West Side Story has a special memory for me since it was my very first date at which time I received my very first grown up kiss.  

• Like 12

Does this seem like an excessive price to anyone?

image.png.14ceb39050a38f770d571e37fa69367c.png

48 Bulk Pecan Turtles In Burgundy And Gold Gift Box 14 Oz. (Bulk)

Bulk These gift box includes 24 mouth-watering Pecan Turtles, seven-eighths pound. Available in elegant burgundy and gold gift box and foil-stamped with your logo on the cover. Get these now have an awesome impact when you use these as your promotional giveaway!

$1,648

• Haha 9

Another listing on Microsoft Savings.  This is more like it:

image.png.21f084bff11e192dcb827a20583a28bc.png

Special Offer

Personalized Pecan Turtles In Burgundy And Gold Gift Box 14 Oz. (Pers)

Personalized These gift box includes 24 mouth-watering Pecan Turtles, seven-eighths pound. Available in elegant burgundy and gold gift box and foil-stamped with your logo on the cover. Get these now have an awesome impact when you use these as your promotional giveaway!

$32

• Like 4

I visited the garden yesterday.  The plants are looking great!  The tomatoes are already reaching the cattle panels.

20240415_173838.thumb.jpg.2eadbf8d878e9590799e5cfb4e113a87.jpg

I have a few in grow bags. This one is almost 3 foot tall. I will soon need to add a 6 ft pole to support it.

20240415_173937.thumb.jpg.a1a3d3dd222603e08b57817f2dfe8f83.jpg

Rain forecast for later.   Tomorrow 86⁰.  Good start to growing season. 

• Like 22

Favorite movies-many good ones already mentioned here.

I’ll add a few-

Moonstruck,A League of Their Own,

Coming to America Father of the Bride ( both versions) and a really old classic -Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House -anyone who has dealt with home construction can empathize with Cary Grant’s character.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Another listing on Microsoft Savings.  This is more like it:

image.png.21f084bff11e192dcb827a20583a28bc.png

Special Offer

Personalized Pecan Turtles In Burgundy And Gold Gift Box 14 Oz. (Pers)

Personalized These gift box includes 24 mouth-watering Pecan Turtles, seven-eighths pound. Available in elegant burgundy and gold gift box and foil-stamped with your logo on the cover. Get these now have an awesome impact when you use these as your promotional giveaway!

$32

Microsoft shares are selling at $415.77 which may account for the inflated price in your previous post .

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Favorite movies-many good ones already mentioned here.

I’ll add a few-

Moonstruck,A League of Their Own,

Coming to America Father of the Bride ( both versions) and a really old classic -Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House -anyone who has dealt with home construction can empathize with Cary Grant’s character.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Moonstruck was filmed in my old neighbor where I lived in 1970’s great movie 

went to grocery store bought a jar of peanut butter and 8 bottles of wine , one of my favorites was on sale Berrigner Nights Valley . 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Does this seem like an excessive price to anyone?

image.png.14ceb39050a38f770d571e37fa69367c.png

48 Bulk Pecan Turtles In Burgundy And Gold Gift Box 14 Oz. (Bulk)

Bulk These gift box includes 24 mouth-watering Pecan Turtles, seven-eighths pound. Available in elegant burgundy and gold gift box and foil-stamped with your logo on the cover. Get these now have an awesome impact when you use these as your promotional giveaway!

$1,648

If the box is made of 1 oz of solid gold, it's a bargain!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I visited the garden yesterday.  The plants are looking great!  The tomatoes are already reaching the cattle panels.

20240415_173838.thumb.jpg.2eadbf8d878e9590799e5cfb4e113a87.jpg

I have a few in grow bags. This one is almost 3 foot tall. I will soon need to add a 6 ft pole to support it.

20240415_173937.thumb.jpg.a1a3d3dd222603e08b57817f2dfe8f83.jpg

Rain forecast for later.   Tomorrow 86⁰.  Good start to growing season. 

I enjoy seeing pictures of your garden.  I remember you had a lot of garlic plants, too.  I have a "garden" this year, consisting of one plant that produces genetically modified purple tomatoes.  Our son got a few seeds and shared one of his plants with me a couple days ago.  I'm growing it in our screened porch that gets lots of sunlight.  I don't want to put the plant outdoors because I think the pesky masked bandits (raccoons) would eat them.  

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2024/02/06/1228868005/purple-tomato-gmo-gardeners

20240415_091611.thumb.jpg.d1294ff18345774c473667d84cf45196.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, George C said:

Moonstruck was filmed in my old neighbor where I lived in 1970’s great movie 

went to grocery store bought a jar of peanut butter and 8 bottles of wine , one of my favorites was on sale Berrigner Nights Valley . 

I really like this movie too. Even though I'm not a huge Cher fan, she was perfect for the part she played.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I loved Chariots of Fire.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm a Hitchcock fan.  Rear Window and North by Northwest are 2 of my favorites.  For comedies, I always enjoy Some Like It Hot.

Also love Hitchcock. We saw a Some like it hot on broadway last year it was very entertaining. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Not that long ago but classics: Princess Bride, and Blazing Saddles.  

Princess Bride has some all-time great quotes:

"Hello.  My name is Inigo Montoyo. You killed my father.  Prepare to die."

"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It would be too hard for me to list all of my favorite movies as I have too many from old to new. There are some that I never get tired of watching

Christmas Vacation of course

Apocalypse Now

Blade Runner

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Diana is helping George with the taxes…

For movies I’d add My Fair Lady.

IMG_1512.jpeg

We were prepared to file ours this past weekend, then I learned that residents of three counties in RI (ours included) don’t have to file until July 15th due to flooding disasters declared last year.  Even though we didn’t have any flooding damage, I’ll take that extension, thank you very much, especially since we’re among those who always have to pay.  

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We were prepared to file ours this past weekend, then I learned that residents of three counties in RI (ours included) don’t have to file until July 15th due to flooding disasters declared last year.  Even though we didn’t have any flooding damage, I’ll take that extension, thank you very much, especially since we’re among those who always have to pay.  

Maine and Massachusetts have until April 17th to file because of Patriots Day yesterday and Emancipation Day in Washington DC today.  We filed on Friday since we have to pay too.

• Like 3