Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Sorry, off topic but…Was it you that talked about paint colors and a specific shade of gray that was color of the year or something to that effect?  DW is talking about re painting some rooms & a gray is in the conversation.  I cannot find that page in here for the life of me!

Yes 4 posters in this thread have that color with some really beautiful furniture. Turned out my painter just painted the walls that color, ceiling white. For such a big price I assumed he was painting everything, but I'm not so sure what it needed, havent been there yet. Brownish grey, it goes with everything. Lol it's very agreeable. 

20240414_190456728.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes 4 posters in this thread have that color with some really beautiful furniture. Turned out my painter just painted the walls that color, ceiling white. For such a big price I assumed he was painting everything, but I'm not so sure what it needed, havent been there yet. Brownish grey, it goes with everything. Lol it's very agreeable. 

20240414_190456728.jpeg

Thx 🙏🏻  Yes It sounds quite agreeable to me!  It’s already in the short list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Second this week our power has gone out on a beautiful day. Don’t know if everyone turned on their AC at the same time but this is getting ridiculous. And our lines are all underground.

The lines in our neighborhood are underground too.  There has been times when our lights have gone out do to the above ground lines on the main road that passes our neighborhood. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

The lines in our neighborhood are underground too.  There has been times when our lights have gone out do to the above ground lines on the main road that passes our neighborhood. 

We have a substation nearby that sometimes blows a transformer and we go dark. Lights came on after two hours and I was able to complete dinner. Thankfully for @Ocean Boy everyone who has a Tesla was able to resume charging!😉😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The sun came out yesterday, after several days of heavy rain.  We are still under a flood watch thru tomorrow with a few roads closed due to high water. 
Our water levels are up, since they are trying to reduce the amount of water reaching Pittsburgh. 

I like local highway names! They're funny. "The Bathtub" and our own "Macarthur Maze" are very appropriate. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6

So upon the recommendation of my son Jonathan we are now watching on Netflix the series called “One Piece.” It’s based on a Japanese Manga comic and is about a boy who wants to find a lost pirate treasure and become the king of pirates. Of course this sea dog pirate loves anything about pirates so this is right up my alley. Think, Marvel universe meets Treasure Island . The production on this is incredible and the special effects are amazing. The art direction and sets are wild with a steampunk kind of look. It gears towards younger audiences but this old man has really been enjoying it. If you are looking for something unique that involves the sea, ships and adventures this might be for you.

• Like 5

We've had a few sunny spring days and yesterday we went for a walk along the Thames at Henley.  The river is still very fast and code red as it has been for months now, so no boats allowed out.  Here's a picture of the weir and lock at Henley 

Today is back to cloud and rain with  high winds 

20240414_151953.thumb.jpg.df29fb24c9a926f216c53d919e8320ab.jpg

20240414_151751.thumb.jpg.3d818474b139869d6856a7833cef015c.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So upon the recommendation of my son Jonathan we are now watching on Netflix the series called “One Piece.” It’s based on a Japanese Manga comic and is about a boy who wants to find a lost pirate treasure and become the king of pirates. Of course this sea dog pirate loves anything about pirates so this is right up my alley. Think, Marvel universe meets Treasure Island . The production on this is incredible and the special effects are amazing. The art direction and sets are wild with a steampunk kind of look. It gears towards younger audiences but this old man has really been enjoying it. If you are looking for something unique that involves the sea, ships and adventures this might be for you.

One Piece is currently at 1089 episodes, with episode 1090 airing this Sunday, January 14, in Japan. A full episode runs for around 22-24 minutes.

What episode are you on? Where are you streaming it from Amazon Prime?

Edited by Jimbo

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

One Piece is currently at 1089 episodes, with episode 1090 airing this Sunday, January 14, in Japan. A full episode runs for around 22-24 minutes.

What episode are you on? Where are you streaming it from Amazon Prime?

That is the cartoon version. Netflix’s adaptation is a live action and is on season 1. We are currently on episode 5. I believe there are 8 episodes in season one.

13 hours ago, Vibe said:

The trending color is Agreeable Gray from Sherwin Williams. 

We found Agreeable gray not so agreeable for our master bath repaint. We had to find the perfect new wallpaper border to go around the room about an inch from the ceiling. And all the colors had to go with other accent pieces. So our color choice is Opal Silk

IMG_0954.thumb.jpeg.b262bc4fcc2ab32329a42e115886d6a9.jpeg

That is my task today.  To paint.  Taping and covering is done. 

Why is it that taping and covering things takes longer than it actually takes to paint?

• Like 16

Just now, h20skibum said:

We found Agreeable gray not so agreeable for our master bath repaint. We had to find the perfect new wallpaper border to go around the room about an inch from the ceiling. And all the colors had to go with other accent pieces. So our color choice is Opal Silk

Why is it that taping and covering things takes longer than it actually takes to paint?

I love that color.  I agree preparing to paint takes much longer then actually painting.

• Like 1

Painting is done, and cleanup is done.  Looks good so far.

Now, to get cleaned up and pick up our grandson from school.  He would much rather spend time with us on Mondays, instead of watching his sister at gymnastics.  

Not many comments today, or did they have the same fate as the other day?

• Like 7

On 4/14/2024 at 11:26 AM, NHProud said:

We took the National Express bus from Heathrow to Southampton.  We boarded the bus at our arrival terminal in a shaded area with seating. There were taxis waiting at the Southampton bus terminal. I made the mistake, or maybe not, of booking a Hilton that was not too close to city center. One day , we took the bus to Winchester. 

thanks I won't book the Hilton then

I have a Christmas cactus that blooms profusely around the beginning of December every year.  To my surprise, it also sent out a single bud this month and it just opened.  The sun coming through the window lit it up in a magical way. Maybe it was just saying hi and sending good wishes to everyone on this thread who needs a lift.

image.thumb.jpeg.48f816d29cbf25e44f84631ddde2c133.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

i love the color. Sort of a muted Seafoam green.  It was the dominant color in our den in NY.  If you can, please share a picture of the finished work.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, derorim said:

I have a Christmas cactus that blooms profusely around the beginning of December every year.  To my surprise, it also sent out a single bud this month and it just opened.  The sun coming through the window lit it up in a magical way. Maybe it was just saying hi and sending good wishes to everyone on this thread who needs a lift.

image.thumb.jpeg.48f816d29cbf25e44f84631ddde2c133.jpeg

Such a delightful and unexpected "hi".

• Like 4

@derorim I have a cactus that was grown from a slip of one that my Grandmother had in her house over 60 years ago.

It is on an opposite schedule than your plant.

Just one or two blooms at Christmas, but more blooms in April.Could be an Easter Cactus!

Do you feed your cactus anything?

I have given my plant the Miracle Grow fertilizer sticks-when I remember to do so.

I think it has survived through my benign neglect.

There are buds on the plant now. Hoping for some flowers soon!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks I won't book the Hilton then

We liked the Hilton . When we were there there was a lake with ducks . The fish and chips were delicious. I had them every day . There was a cricket field with bleachers outside our sliding door and we watched one game . The problem was the location. The foreign ( from India ) taxi drivers charged us twice what the local driver charged us . 

I’m very fussy about hotels and this one was nice except for the taxis . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MJSailors said:

@derorim I have a cactus that was grown from a slip of one that my Grandmother had in her house over 60 years ago.

It is on an opposite schedule than your plant.

Just one or two blooms at Christmas, but more blooms in April.Could be an Easter Cactus!

Do you feed your cactus anything?

I have given my plant the Miracle Grow fertilizer sticks-when I remember to do so.

I think it has survived through my benign neglect.

There are buds on the plant now. Hoping for some flowers soon!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

You must truly have an Easter Cactus.  I never fertilize my plants, mostly out of pure laziness.  They usually somehow thrive in spite of me (your benign neglect theory).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Every now and then I go down a YouTube rabbit hole.  My latest journey involves a musical group called Postmodern Jukebox.  They re-arrange popular songs in completely different and older styles.  The first one that I saw was Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me done in a 1960s early soul style.  That led me to Shania Twain's Man! I Feel Like a Woman! in a 1950s Marilyn Monroe style and Kiss's I Was Made For Lovin' You in a spaghetti western style (with an incredible singer).  They have hundreds (literally) of songs that they've redone in jazz, soul, swing, doo-wop, R&B...you name it.  They've done songs from Fleetwood Mac, Michael Jackson, Lizzo, Spice Girls, Blondie, ELO, The Police, Pearl Jam, Taylor Swift, Huey Lewis, U2, Rihanna...the list goes on and on.  

If you're looking to kill some time watching some very talented musicians, their main YouTube page is here.  Don't say that I didn't warn you. 😁

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Every now and then I go down a YouTube rabbit hole.  My latest journey involves a musical group called Postmodern Jukebox.  They re-arrange popular songs in completely different and older styles.  The first one that I saw was Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me done in a 1960s early soul style.  That led me to Shania Twain's Man! I Feel Like a Woman! in a 1950s Marilyn Monroe style and Kiss's I Was Made For Lovin' You in a spaghetti western style (with an incredible singer).  They have hundreds (literally) of songs that they've redone in jazz, soul, swing, doo-wop, R&B...you name it.  They've done songs from Fleetwood Mac, Michael Jackson, Lizzo, Spice Girls, Blondie, ELO, The Police, Pearl Jam, Taylor Swift, Huey Lewis, U2, Rihanna...the list goes on and on.  

If you're looking to kill some time watching some very talented musicians, their main YouTube page is here.  Don't say that I didn't warn you. 😁

I spend time watching YT videos of some really talented musicians. Favorites include 

Leonid and Friends, an amazing Chicago cover band from Russia and Ukraine.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC-xwEkXdqCHyOjUXLa6oG7g?si=wSpm_joOPWNl8AjJ

HSC Hendly Street Club Band- all kinds of covers

https://youtube.com/@theHindleyStreetCountryClub?si=LlzDkWQ9z6EBk3KW

Tim Akers and the Smoking Section

https://youtube.com/@timakersandthesmokingsecti3395?si=n2YR_nV0A_a7uejo

Songs I Want to Play- Great musicians playing covers

https://youtube.com/@SongsIWanttoPlay?si=S5yTvukfkL-_HEPx

Enjoy a lot of great stuff there.

• Like 1