Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Safe travels home Maryann & Jim!  How fun to see the kids all dressed up for prom. 

Thank you, Deb.  We are looking forward to seeing everyone, and most especially seeing Jack and meeting his new girlfriend!

7 hours ago, akcruz said:

Safe travels, wow that went fast but I am sure you are ready to get back to your family.

Thank you, April.  We really are ready to head back to our "reality" that awaits us back home.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@Luckynana Safe journey home Maryann and Jim!  I am so glad you are in time for some fun events with your grands.  

Spring in Michigan is in full swing and my Daffodils and Pear tree are blooming nicely!  It's time for me to test out my hand (trigger finger surgery in Jan) with my golf game.  Hoping it is better than last year!😆daffodils.thumb.jpg.6f421249bb9c282eec63c857e83fe18c.jpg

Thank you, Jennifer.  How pretty your Pear tree and Daffodils look!  I'm anxious to see if the Iris' that I planted on the side of my house will bloom.

Have a great time playing golf.  I did not realize that you had surgery in January.🤔 I bet you'll do great!

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Luckynana Maryann, have safe travels back to NJ.  If you can, please post prom pictures of Jack.  What an exciting time for him and family.

Thank you, Bonnie!  I will certainly try to post a picture of Jack😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Nothing like hibachi for lunch

IMG_0958.thumb.jpeg.aae29f145217c69d3e07f4910d833515.jpeg

Today is my granddaughter’s 9th birthday, but the party to celebrate will not be until Saturday.  She is having a Harry Potter theme, so we still have several items we used for my CA grandson’s birthday last fall. They plan to have a magician to entertain.   Susan and I will put together a large fruit tray, and we are making chocolate wands. 

My prototype sign for mason jars that will hold the wands.  

IMG_0963.thumb.jpeg.64fba00dd4dab631d710b0827c93a284.jpeg

Maybe some pictures on Saturday.  More than 50 will be at the party at her house. 

Happy Birthday to your beautiful granddaughter on her 9th Birthday,  That sounds like a pretty awesome birthday party that is planned for this weekend!  Have a great time!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Nothing like a side of Yum Yum Sauce 🙂

G Hughes Sugar Free Yum Yum Dipping Sauce, 16 oz Bottle

Where do you find this sauce?

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Maryann, also want to see prom pictures, such fun times!!

You bet!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@ReneeFLL Happy belated bday from me as well Renee!  I would say you celebrated very well!  

@Luckynana Safe journey home Maryann and Jim!  I am so glad you are in time for some fun events with your grands.  

Spring in Michigan is in full swing and my Daffodils and Pear tree are blooming nicely!  It's time for me to test out my hand (trigger finger surgery in Jan) with my golf game.  Hoping it is better than last year!😆daffodils.thumb.jpg.6f421249bb9c282eec63c857e83fe18c.jpg

Hope golf went well!

Charlie is slowly killing me🥴 After therapy today I went to pick him up and, we think, his blood sugar was low.  He fell outside the place but a few wonderful people got to him quickly.  He was light headed but I got him home and we treated the problem.  He seems better but I am really so tired.  Thanks for asking though!

• Like 17

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan and I will put together a large fruit tray, and we are making chocolate wands.

Can you detail the chocolate wand making process? I am relatively new to being a Nana, and I think that would be fun to do!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is slowly killing me🥴 After therapy today I went to pick him up and, we think, his blood sugar was low.  He fell outside the place but a few wonderful people got to him quickly.  He was light headed but I got him home and we treated the problem.  He seems better but I am really so tired.  Thanks for asking though!

Oh no!  I hope he didn't do anymore damage.  I can't imagine how mentally and physically exhausted you must be.  Take care of yourself too.  🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Marietta- Easy to say,I know, but take some time to care for yourself too.💐

My father had early onset Alzheimer’s and I realize how draining caretaking can be for a person. I recall my Mom taking a break when my Dad had his afternoon nap by watching her soap operas. No sure how pleasant the stories were,but she at least could sit and relax for a bit.

MJ👩🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You, and your family, deserve a period of peace.😔

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If only life were that simple. I feel like I've had a rope around my neck all my life. 

But I also cant just turn my sister and her hubby loose either. When you are dealing with a special needs person, you cant. Yesterday for instance she was calling me every 5 minute. Her petit mal was so bad she couldnt talk. A good day she says half a sentence and waits for you to finish it. Believe me when I say it's more complicated when dealing with someone without normal life skills and mental skills. Add in physical problems. 

But she loves loves loves being married and called Mrs. And they both love the house. I want her as happy as possible, I just dont want to be the one coping. I moved back to dallas to take care of them all over 20 years ago so I've forgotten myself how to let go. 

Happy birthday. ... I see I missed your birthday. 

My heart goes out to you. Am thinking the Dallas area certainly has every kind of social services. If you, God forbid, were incapacitated suddenly, they'd need to be plugged in to local services. Maybe it's time to give yourself permission to make the contacts, turn them loose? You're going to be far away. Perfect, practical reason and timing. Might check with a couple of the larger churches also. I go to a senior Bible study group that has a few mentally slow folks in it.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 3

So sorry that happened. Must have been pretty scary. Reminds me of my fainting spell last year. It doesn’t take much to get your body out of wack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1