Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I visited the garden yesterday.  The plants are looking great!  The tomatoes are already reaching the cattle panels.

20240415_173838.thumb.jpg.2eadbf8d878e9590799e5cfb4e113a87.jpg

I have a few in grow bags. This one is almost 3 foot tall. I will soon need to add a 6 ft pole to support it.

20240415_173937.thumb.jpg.a1a3d3dd222603e08b57817f2dfe8f83.jpg

Rain forecast for later.   Tomorrow 86⁰.  Good start to growing season. 

@Ozark_Kid Your garden is fantastic!

I checked my garden. I didn’t think anything was coming up yet- and then I saw a very small crocus! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you're looking to kill some time watching some very talented musicians, their main YouTube page is here.  Don't say that I didn't warn you. 😁

Link has been bookmarked & saved for a rainy day or sleepless night. 

The whole premise of Postmodern Jukebox sound very familiar and now I realize I have seen some of their performances when one of my most favorite American Idols to never win Idol "guest performed (??)" on some of their songs.   It seems they have a rotating cast of lead singers.

Haley Reinhart performing Radio Heads "Creep"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, George C said:

We always talk about new series and movies, but just watched one of my favorite old westerns John Wayne in She wore a yellow ribbon, never get tired of seeing a great old movie like this . 

I love some of those old John Wayne westerns. In addition to "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon", there is "Fort Apache", "Red River" and "The Searchers" that are some of my favorites, along with "True Grit", his only Oscar winning performance.

I just recently watched John Wayne's "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" with Jimmy Stewart and "Stage Coach which was his breakout movie that made him a star. I had seen both before.  Amazon Prime has a 1954 movie called "The High and the Mighty" in which Wayne plays a co-pilot whose passenger plane develops engine trouble over the Pacific.  It's considered the granddaddy of disaster films, 20 years before the "Airport" series of disaster movies as well as "The Towering Inferno", "Poseidon Adventure", etc.  and serves as a template for those movies with their all-star casts.

Fun Fact:  Robert Stack plays a serious role the pilot fighting his own inner demons which he would later lampoon in the "Airplane" satire spoof movies 20 years later.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

No surprise that My Cousin Vinny is my favorite comedy.

One of my all time favorite movies, mostly because I fell madly in love with Marisa Tomei.

She has a supporting role in a new movie called "Upgraded" and she still has "it"! 🥰

• Like 5

George C- I always thought Moonstruck was filmed n Brooklyn Heights- maybe ?

helen haywood - I agree about My Fair Lady- I always liked it better than the Sound of Music. Both movies from my childhood.

Reading so many movie posts I thought of a few more-

Hitchcock- Rear Window - Raymond Burr’s character was creepy, while Grace Kelly was beautiful. Also ,North by Northwest- so much suspense !

Sally Field Movies- Murphy’s Romance, Places in the Heart and Steel Magnolias.

Mel Brooks- Young Frankenstein 

Dirty Dancing-Patrick Swayze!!!

When Harry Met Sally

Disney animated films- Snow White,Sleeping Beauty,Beauty and the Beast.

Lots of good movies !

MJ👩🏻

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

George C- I always thought Moonstruck was filmed n Brooklyn Heights- maybe ?

helen haywood - I agree about My Fair Lady- I always liked it better than the Sound of Music. Both movies from my childhood.

Reading so many movie posts I thought of a few more-

Hitchcock- Rear Window - Raymond Burr’s character was creepy, while Grace Kelly was beautiful. Also ,North by Northwest- so much suspense !

Sally Field Movies- Murphy’s Romance, Places in the Heart and Steel Magnolias.

Mel Brooks- Young Frankenstein 

Dirty Dancing-Patrick Swayze!!!

When Harry Met Sally

Disney animated films- Snow White,Sleeping Beauty,Beauty and the Beast.

Lots of good movies !

MJ👩🏻

Yes Brooklyn Hights was one of the areas another was Carrol Gardens which I lived in. I worked at A&S and spent lots of time in Brooklyn Hights bars, which was a short walk. Dirty Dancing is definitely one of my wife’s favorite movies. Loads of great movies have been mentioned, lots I have seen many many times. Loved all of Mel Books movies.

• Like 5

Packing has begun.  We head home this coming Saturday.  We are both more than ready, although we will miss this beautiful and Hot weather.  It will be in the 90's this week.

However, it turns out that we will be home in time for our Grandson Jack's Junior Prom!!  😊

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was thinking about you today. 👍👍👍

Thanks. So far I'm happy and in more ways than one. 🤣

Time to now try to catch up on the thread.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

I like Annie Hall.   I’ve watched Last Year at Marienbad more than once and I still don’t get it .  We visited Marienbad and that explains the interest . If anyone understands that film please share 🎥🎬🎞️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good afternoon.  Beautiful day to catch the ferry from Vancouver to Vancouver Island.C508BE0B-D1AB-443B-B9A1-483D17F76052.thumb.jpeg.e0d97058ca3fd620047e67e50c2c1993.jpeg

B44773B0-B96C-4E95-9504-0E94FA64B75B.thumb.jpeg.1c6690eee6321be06bdb5aa4b335e428.jpeg

E984BD57-1AFD-4AD6-BEDE-E03FB4AD97E4.thumb.jpeg.dcb4dd7b7bb2652c7b022cb20ba599b2.jpeg

4E41F358-55AB-41EE-B5D8-D78BE72456A8.thumb.jpeg.782f7fa4f57c9d009fda1be2324ff96f.jpeg

Heading to Victoria for a few nights & looks like we will be blessed with good weather for our visit.

Your photos are always spectacular.  We enjoyed our one day in Victoria. My husband’s comment was :  “ This would be a nice place to live” . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2024 at 3:23 PM, Luckynana said:

BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES, RENEE!!!!!!    🎈  I hope you had a great day!!!!    🎈

On 4/13/2024 at 3:25 PM, lenquixote66 said:

From me too.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:30 PM, grapau27 said:

+1 @ReneeFLL.

Belated birthday wishes.

belated-birthday-wishes.gif

On 4/13/2024 at 3:52 PM, DaniDanielle said:

🎉🎂

Thanks everyone for the BD wishes. We had a great cruise. On my birthday they had Key Lime Pie at lunch (I saw it on the Coastal Kitchen menu), but we ate in the WJ. I stopped by to see I they could keep a piece for my birthday for that night. I never ask for stuff like that from the crew, but it was KLP and my birthday that night! I was happy they kept a piece for me. I didn't know Mike had ordered a cake when we first boarded. He has never done this before on a ship since I/we don't need a whole cake and I'd also prefer to drink my desserts. 🍸🍹😊

I had my KLP and we took the cake back to the room with a couple of small plates from the WJ. Since we hadn't touched it, we asked the cabin attendant and his wife to cut 2 small pieces off for us and the rest was for them. They seemed happy, but they would never look unhappy so who knows. Hopefully they enjoyed it or shared it with others. It was rich, chocolaty and really good.

Before dinner in the lounge I ordered a Chocolate Martini, but immediately changed my mind to a Salted Caramel Martini. Christopher couldn't remember which one I ordered last so he made both. He put both our names in the chocolate one. Silly waiter, did he really think I was going to share it with Mike? He definitely does not know me! 😂

20240410_204918.thumb.jpg.f13b9d68ebd701e72443b3edba46a009.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture before I took a bite.

20240410_205034.thumb.jpg.48a1be1dbb5962e70a881bf9c2f4d6dc.jpg

20240410_183252.thumb.jpg.4e8c1faf81e387e35a4e0a153d072fcf.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:04 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Wednesday was the anniversary of my official diagnosis. Time sure does fly!  Physically things have changed a lot.  I am not going list those changes.  I think the one thing that has changed for the better is my love of life and those around me!  I give thanks for each new day!  So much love shown to me and my family.  An example of how we have been blessed, remember me telling about our new neighbor, on her own, came over and shoveled the snow off our driveway?  Well, yesterday she surprised us with a great homemade strawberry pie!  We are still having people bringing us meals each week to help ease the burden off Sharon and to bring a smile to our face.  And what I love the most is so often I still hear someone add their name to the long list from around the world of those that are thinking and praying for us.  So special!

John, you are such a special person with a great attitude. You make lemonade out of lemons in so many ways. Looking forward to more hugs in February. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1