Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Keksie Re VRBO…you probably already know this…I use their website as my search engine as I can filter the results to my wishes (king size bed, etc), then when you find one you like…scroll down to who manages the property.  If it is a rental company, like Destination Amelia or whatever, contact them directly (they’ll have a website too) and cut out the VRBO fee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I tried to get more info about this but what I learned is a little confusing.  14 weeks ago, The Pelindaba Lavender Instagram page posted a message about the Pelindaba Lavender Farm closing:

Lavender Amelia Island (@lavender_ameliaisland) • Instagram photos and videos

The Amelia Island store is still open (not sure about St Augustine) and I think they are selling existing stock and stock from other suppliers.  Micheline just signed up for an event that the store is involved with later this month, so it looks like they don't plan to close any time soon.  Maybe the farm is a separate business from the store?  Although the website is gone, you can still call the store to order product and they will ship it to you.  I'll try to remember to go into the store and get more info the next time we are near there.

Thank you so much. I have enjoyed their products so much.

Just now, taznremmy said:

Thanks Greg.  Look forward to seeing you and Linda again.  I am also on for the two following cruises.  Love being on a ship for Halloween.

Looking forward to seeing you and experiencing the Bamboo Room since I am a tiki nerd.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Thanks Greg.  Look forward to seeing you and Linda again.  I am also on for the two following cruises.  Love being on a ship for Halloween.

!!!🙂!!!

I'm on the Oct 28th sailing

I wish there was a way for me to be on on the 18th with you and @Sea Dog Greg but at least I'll get to say hi to you 🙂 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I appreciate you reaching out, like you have before. Keep me in your list of "reaching out to people"🥰. I love exchanging emails with you and being here.

On  a funnier note, I am pretty sure Jimbo is in training to captain the Serenade🤣. Hope some silly humor will inspire him to post. But I respect his need to be silent and wish him the best for his quiet phase.

+1

• Thanks 1

@Sea DogOutstanding job, Greg!!!!  You've created such a beautiful and welcoming Tiki atmosphere in your backyard, going all-out on your awesome menu and delicious rum drinks!!  You've got some pretty lucky friends there. Great job on the centerpieces, Linda! Well done, the two of you!  

• Like 5

23 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I get it. Sometimes I get sucked into the rabbit hole that is CC. 

Hope he returns soon. He is missed. 

Same here. With this warm weather I’ve been spending less time on CC, so it is the right time of year to be “missing”, compared to winter time. 

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I miss him too ( @Jimbo ) and I miss many others who used to post more frequently, but I've decided some time ago not to reach out anymore (unless someone else does it).

That's life... circumstances change.

Pass along my hellos if you are in communication with him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Got some snuggle time yesterday with this not so little guy.  I can’t believe he’s almost a month old.  He is such an easy baby, already sleeping a 5 hour stretch every night.  My poor daughter was feeling extremely sick 2 weeks post birth, high fever etc. Turns out she had pneumonia, then at the follow up with her primary last week she found she has a double ear infection.  Thank goodness Tyler’s such a good sleeper. IMG_1777.thumb.jpeg.1e18afc044e8361ef9eea073638fde23.jpeg

• Like 29

36 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

!!!🙂!!!

I'm on the Oct 28th sailing

I wish there was a way for me to be on on the 18th with you and @Sea Dog Greg but at least I'll get to say hi to you 🙂 

It will be good to see you again Dave!  As a side note....check your price.  I just scored a price drop.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Got some snuggle time yesterday with this not so little guy.  I can’t believe he’s almost a month old.  He is such an easy baby, already sleeping a 5 hour stretch every night.  My poor daughter was feeling extremely sick 2 weeks post birth, high fever etc. Turns out she had pneumonia, then at the follow up with her primary last week she found she has a double ear infection.  Thank goodness Tyler’s such a good sleeper. IMG_1777.thumb.jpeg.1e18afc044e8361ef9eea073638fde23.jpeg

Glad the little guy is doing well but I feel so bad for your daughter. I hope she gets well soon so she can spend some quality time with her beautiful baby.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I am going to just miss you Dave.

I had to cancel my cruise on Liberty doing the Canada/NE cruise because the folks we were going with had some health issues and one of them couldn't fly so we changed over to Navigator so they would be able to drive in and still travel with us.  I'm pretty gutted about not getting to NYC. That is a bit of a bucket list item for me.  I have booked it again for 2025 now but just Sharron and I so I don't have to depend on other people to make it work.  

I knew you were on the Navigator one on the 18th and I actually looked at changing to that one but my schedule just wasn't changeable for that month.  Sitting with you in the Schooner and being school on Whiskey/Bourbon/Scotch would have been a treat 🙂  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

It will be good to see you again Dave!  As a side note....check your price.  I just scored a price drop.

Thanks, I just checked thanks.  I'm still at the best price so far.  I'm cruising with my Grandson on this one.  It's going to be fun.

• Like 2

Just now, Tree_skier said:

I had to cancel my cruise on Liberty doing the Canada/NE cruise because the folks we were going with had some health issues and one of them couldn't fly so we changed over to Navigator so they would be able to drive in and still travel with us.  I'm pretty gutted about not getting to NYC. That is a bit of a bucket list item for me.  I have booked it again for 2025 now but just Sharron and I so I don't have to depend on other people to make it work.  

I knew you were on the Navigator one on the 18th and I actually looked at changing to that one but my schedule just wasn't changeable for that month.  Sitting with you in the Schooner and being school on Whiskey/Bourbon/Scotch would have been a treat 🙂  

Don’t know if I could school anyone but I have learned a few things. Keeping my fingers crossed Raj will be from vacation for our sailing. I know you recommended him and I wanted to tell him hi from you.

• Like 3

On Friday night, our granddaughter Ava called  and asked if Jim and I would like to go to the "Outlaw Music Festival", starring Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Robert Plant, and Alison Krauss at the PNC Art Center.  It turns out that our Ava is a big  Bob Dylan fan.  When I told her we'd absolutely love to go with her, she got the tickets and picked us up yesterday for the 5:00pm show.  Just prior to leaving for the show, we were notified that Willie wouldn't be performing due to health issues.

We got to the parking lot early, and heard announcements that they were delaying entrance to the park while following weather reports.  They finally opened the park and the show started a little after 6:00.  Our seats were at the back of the Pavilion, with the end of the roof just over us.  A little after 7, a misty rain started.  We were fine, but the people who bought lawn tickets were getting wet. Then it began raining a little harder;  and harder. I had an umbrella, which I opened and put over Ava and myself, and we'd just get a little bit wet on our backs and side while we sat there.  The wind, rain, thunder, and lightening then started.  We stayed until around 8:00 and decided it's probably best we leave, since the 3 of us are now drenched.  If only they had started on time, they could've gotten more of the show in before we left.  We never did get to see Dylan;  Jim and I have been to Dylan concerts in the past, but I felt bad for Ava.  I'm really surprised they didn't call it for the lightening.  Most people seemed to be staying.  The only good thing about leaving when we did was that we weren't in long lines to both get out of the park, or to be sitting in a long line of cars to get out of there.  We realized we definitely made the right call while on the Parkway and with the driving rain, you could hardly see in front of you...the rain was heavily unrelenting.  Did I mention that Ava is a really good driver, besides being such a great young lady?💞

• Like 20

20 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Deb, baby Tyler is sooo beautiful!!!!  I'm sorry to hear that your poor daughter has been so sick with not only pneumonia, but to then also have a double ear infection.  I do hope she starts to feel better and stronger soon!  Thank goodness her mom is there for her!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm sorry you had to cancel your Canada/NE cruise on Liberty, Dave; it's tough when health issues get in the way.  Enjoy your cruise on the Navigator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

On Friday night, our granddaughter Ava called  and asked if Jim and I would like to go to the "Outlaw Music Festival", starring Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Robert Plant, and Alison Krauss at the PNC Art Center.  It turns out that our Ava is a big  Bob Dylan fan.  When I told her we'd absolutely love to go with her, she got the tickets and picked us up yesterday for the 5:00pm show.  Just prior to leaving for the show, we were notified that Willie wouldn't be performing due to health issues.

We got to the parking lot early, and heard announcements that they were delaying entrance to the park while following weather reports.  They finally opened the park and the show started a little after 6:00.  Our seats were at the back of the Pavilion, with the end of the roof just over us.  A little after 7, a misty rain started.  We were fine, but the people who bought lawn tickets were getting wet. Then it began raining a little harder;  and harder. I had an umbrella, which I opened and put over Ava and myself, and we'd just get a little bit wet on our backs and side while we sat there.  The wind, rain, thunder, and lightening then started.  We stayed until around 8:00 and decided it's probably best we leave, since the 3 of us are now drenched.  If only they had started on time, they could've gotten more of the show in before we left.  We never did get to see Dylan;  Jim and I have been to Dylan concerts in the past, but I felt bad for Ava.  I'm really surprised they didn't call it for the lightening.  Most people seemed to be staying.  The only good thing about leaving when we did was that we weren't in long lines to both get out of the park, or to be sitting in a long line of cars to get out of there.  We realized we definitely made the right call while on the Parkway and with the driving rain, you could hardly see in front of you...the rain was heavily unrelenting.  Did I mention that Ava is a really good driver, besides being such a great young lady?💞

That’s too bad you guys got rained out. I would have loved to see Alison and Robert. I have their album and it’s great. And Bob is an icon. I love outdoor theaters as the acoustics are better but you are a salve to the weather.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Have been to several Bob Dylan concert , am a huge fan since the 1960’s , nice to know Bob still drawing new fans . We no longer go to any concerts unless there totally indoors.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So precious!  Hope your daughter feels better soon.  And I love Tyler’s golf shirt. 🙂 

• Like 1