Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I appreciate the effort but nope.  I can still see plenty.  Ruins what otherwise looks like a great plate. 🤢

I hate peas as much as I hate, @A&L_Ont  

Andrew close your eyes, raisins!

@dani negreanu Dani, so glad you were able to get together with friends and living a life I wish you have every day, soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My friends and I have decided to leave aside our country's "troubles" for a few hours and went to our favorite restaurant to catch up and celebrate 3 birthdays.

It was a lovely evening and I'm so glad we made it happen.

Sebastian -- July 14th.jpg

Good for you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Booty chairs.

I love the ones next to the chocolate stall, with the birdies chirping. Very relaxing. Not to mention this chocolate store guy who was bored to death and offered me samples in the hope that I would buy.🙃

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

My friends and I have decided to leave aside our country's "troubles" for a few hours and went to our favorite restaurant to catch up and celebrate 3 birthdays.

That is wonderful and so happy you had a lovely evening

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Can't think of anything better Dani!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Most of the “chairs” on the Edge Class were designed for form not function.  Who would think a leaf could be so lethal?!

Same deal with the seating in Two70 on the Q class ships. Some of the seating is horrible.

• Like 1

We think those chairs on the way into the Eden are cool looking. Fits the theme of Eden but not the seats you sit in while in the Eden area. Functional depends on the person. No biggie. 

Edited by doghog

Hello Everyone,

I know it's been quite some time since I've posted.  I think it's been several months and see you've all been very busy chatting away.  

While I won't be able to go back and read the several hundred pages, I hope everyone is doing well, safe and healthy.

We've had a few bumps in the road recently.  Unfortunately, Doug had a health issue a while back and turned out he was bleeding internally.   After a 5-night hospital stay, running several tests and receiving 3 pints of blood, it was determined to be a reaction to some blood thinner medication he was on.  Once the medication was discontinued, he was quickly on the mend.  He did have to take a few rounds of iron infusions to get his blood count back up.   He's totally fine now and back to normal.

Now that things are back to normal, we've been spending quite a bit of time up at our lake house working on our kitchen re-do.  It's almost done. Cabinets, hardware new floor and new appliances.  The final thing is ordering the new countertop.

Now, to start planning our excursions for our next cruise.

• Like 24

8 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Hello Everyone,

I know it's been quite some time since I've posted.  I think it's been several months and see you've all been very busy chatting away.  

While I won't be able to go back and read the several hundred pages, I hope everyone is doing well, safe and healthy.

We've had a few bumps in the road recently.  Unfortunately, Doug had a health issue a while back and turned out he was bleeding internally.   After a 5-night hospital stay, running several tests and receiving 3 pints of blood, it was determined to be a reaction to some blood thinner medication he was on.  Once the medication was discontinued, he was quickly on the mend.  He did have to take a few rounds of iron infusions to get his blood count back up.   He's totally fine now and back to normal.

Now that things are back to normal, we've been spending quite a bit of time up at our lake house working on our kitchen re-do.  It's almost done. Cabinets, hardware new floor and new appliances.  The final thing is ordering the new countertop.

Good to hear from you. I was wondering about you both. Glad to hear that Doug is doing good. I wish him the best.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2024 at 9:51 AM, BonTexasNY said:

I hope your knee is improving nicely.  From what others in here and offline have said, it's a tough recuperation.

For the most part it’s going, but I have slacked off on my exercises some. I have been having a bad pain in the groin and it seems to have started after the surgery. Some of the exercises make it massively painful. They did x-rays and it showed I have a little arthritis, but it doesn’t appear to be the hip joint like they thought it might be. It still could be depending on what the MRI shows.I have an MRI appt and the soonest I can get in is the 24th at 6:40am. 😳  I did have one for the 29th at 10:00am. I liked the 10:00 better, but I want to find out asap what’s going on so I changed it to the earlier one. What in the world was I thinking? 🤷🏼‍♀️ The knee dr told the PT to change up my exercises so it doesn’t affect the groin area so much until we find out what’s going on.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

For the most part it’s going, but I have slacked off on my exercises some. I have been having a bad pain in the groin and it seems to have started after the surgery. Some of the exercises make it massively painful. They did x-rays and it showed I have a little arthritis, but it doesn’t appear to be the hip joint like they thought it might be. It still could be depending on what the MRI shows.I have an MRI appt and the soonest I can get in is the 24th at 6:40am. 😳  I did have one for the 29th at 10:00am. I liked the 10:00 better, but I want to find out asap what’s going on so I changed it to the earlier one. What in the world was I thinking? 🤷🏼‍♀️ The knee dr told the PT to change up my exercises so it doesn’t affect the groin area so much until we find out what’s going on.

6:40 AM.... the middle of the day for me.😉😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

Hello Everyone,

Nice to hear from you Val and I am glad Doug's health issue is resolved.  Fun to be working on your lake house!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Lovely photo Dani.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Nice to hear from you Val and I am glad Doug's health issue is resolved.  Fun to be working on your lake house!

Hi Jennifer,  My son just started dating someone new.  Just found out she is from Lake Orion. 😄

• Like 2

Question for those that fly into MCO for a cruise out of Port Canaveral:

How do you get from the airport to the your hotel near the cruise port?

GO PORT shuttle was recommended to me but I like to have choices. Any other shuttle companies I should check into or avoid? Uber/Lyft? I'd rather not do a one-way rental car.

Thank you in advance. I did scan thru the Florida Homeport forum but I trust you guys more.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Question for those that fly into MCO for a cruise out of Port Canaveral:

How do you get from the airport to the your hotel near the cruise port?

GO PORT shuttle was recommended to me but I like to have choices. Any other shuttle companies I should check into or avoid? Uber/Lyft? I'd rather not do a one-way rental car.

Thank you in advance. I did scan thru the Florida Homeport forum but I trust you guys more.

I know you said that you'd rather not do it, but we would do the one-way car rental when we were flying in.  We liked the freedom of having a car the night before.  We stayed in the Orlando area a couple of times and drove to the port the next morning.  If we did that, we used Enterprise since they are right by Gator's and it's easy to drop the luggage and everyone else first, before I returned the car and caught a shuttle back to the port.  We now drive to the port (about 3 hours away) but our kids are flying in to MCO for our next cruise.  They will get an Uber and stay near the port.  I'm not sure about price difference between renting, Uber, and shuttle, especially with more than just a couple of people (since the shuttle cost is per person).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Great photo Dani and I am so happy you got to experience a little bit of joy!

2 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Hello Everyone,

Yikes! So sorry to hear about what happened to Doug but grateful they got it resolved and he is better. Love to see pics of the new kitchen at the lake house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2