Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I keep seeing pictures of light houses and actually have some booked to see in europe. But not to climb. I've never been to Mazatlan either, so many new places to see. Has anyone climbed to the top of the light house there. Worth doing? How hard is it to climb. Says I have to sign a waiver. It just came up for my Panama transit oct 2025. 

20240806_192722749.jpeg

53 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I keep seeing pictures of light houses and actually have some booked to see in europe. But not to climb. I've never been to Mazatlan either, so many new places to see. Has anyone climbed to the top of the light house there. Worth doing? How hard is it to climb. Says I have to sign a waiver. It just came up for my Panama transit oct 2025. 

20240806_192722749.jpeg

I think it is pretty strenuous, and it is likely to be very hot.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

I think it is pretty strenuous, and it is likely to be very hot.  

Thank you. Idk it was hot there in oct. Sounds too hard for me then. Thanks.

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

20240806_192722749.jpeg

I have read that is 1.5 mile hike up the path with steep steps.   Best for someone with good stamina and good knees.

Does not appear that public entrance to climb the lighthouse itself is permitted.

I'm sure October will be hot.  It was very hot and humid end of November a few years back.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have read that is 1.5 mile hike up the path with steep steps.   Best for someone with good stamina and good knees.

Does not appear that public entrance to climb the lighthouse itself is permitted.

I'm sure October will be hot.  It was very hot and humid end of November a few years back.

For some reason I thought going from San Diego was cool. Never went out of calif on a cruise except once to hawaii and dont remember the weather. My knees are fine actually but a 3 mile hike is not. I had signed up for some trolley and cancelled but now maybe I'm liking the trolley more. See cliff divers and shrimp. I love shrimp. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

To be able to buy one/get one on embarkation day for dinner, can you be Diamond, or do you have to be Diamond + ?

BOGO dinner is a D+ benefit available either night one or night two, though some ships allow you to use the benefit later in the week if you pay at beginning of week.

edit to add link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

BOGO dinner is a D+ benefit available either night one or night two, though some ships allow you to use the benefit later in the week if you pay at beginning of week.

edit to add link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Thank you, mema.  I had a feeling you had to be Diamond +   Ah well.  I'm happy to be Diamond with my 4 drinks for now..and for a long time!😁

• Like 9

We had one heck of an afternoon and evening where I live and where I babysit in Ohio. 

Tornado warnings in both Vienna and Bowling green. 

In Vienna trees down. Flooding. Power failures. Roads closed. 

In Bowling Green monsoon rains. But the worst of it to the east in Perrysburgh. Tornado warnings. Winds. Trees down. 

Heard across the border which is less than 10 miles from our house in New Castle Pennsylvania a roof was blown off a nursing home. Widespread electrical outages and trees down closing roads. 

Heads up to @h20skibum  I hope your home and and surroundings are safe. 

Here’s the power outages from after the storm in Ohio. 

IMG_1369.thumb.png.5a681822cf5aa44e87e03aad956105bc.png

Current situation as of 10:10 pm. 

IMG_1370.thumb.png.0bc83a452ee9bd5a4f1da3e8c6ce4559.png

Take care. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

For some reason I thought going from San Diego was cool. Never went out of calif on a cruise except once to hawaii and dont remember the weather. My knees are fine actually but a 3 mile hike is not. I had signed up for some trolley and cancelled but now maybe I'm liking the trolley more. See cliff divers and shrimp. I love shrimp. 

Google is your friend......

Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Weather averages

MonthHigh / Low(°F)Rain

September   92° / 76°9 days

October   91° / 74°2 days

Novembe   r87° / 66°1 day

More about this destination
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

20240806_192722749.jpeg

We are going to be in Mazatlan in Oct and there’s an excursion listed as mild that goes to the lighthouse probably for the views , only . It’s the Mexican show , sightseeing and shopping excursion for $54.99 on our cruise.

@Ocean Boy Happy lighthouse day. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We are going to be in Mazatlan in Oct and there’s an excursion listed as mild that goes to the lighthouse probably for the views , only . It’s the Mexican show , sightseeing and shopping excursion for $54.99 on our cruise.

@Ocean Boy Happy lighthouse day. 

We dont have it yet. Before we only had grand Cayman so seeing a few matalan is a improvement. I also want to book something for Guatemala but nothing yet. I'm glad to see a few choices coming in. Too early to worry about, just was checking planner for other cruises. Hadnt done any thinking yet about this one, more than a year away until I saw yesterday finally a few things popped up besides grand Cayman. 2 ports showing now. Yea. 

They reduced the price on my Bermuda cruise by $100, ship going to be full. Nothing I can do, nothing to upgrade to. Just looking. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Google is your friend......

Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Weather averages

MonthHigh / Low(°F)Rain

September   92° / 76°9 days

October   91° / 74°2 days

Novembe   r87° / 66°1 day

More about this destination

I knew this group knows about lighthouses so asked. First time I've seen any excursions for that port was last night. Royal has been taking it's good ole time... and I was right, someone knew about the lighthouse there. I do wish royal posted reviews about excursions but someone here knew. The excursion doesnt mention how far they walk like some others I've seen, not even a good picture.  I'm a no, no worries, got what I needed. Whatever the weather is it is, just was surprised so hot. Panama transit so just passing thru. 

• Like 2

Hey @Ocean Boy, here's a tidbit of trivia for you:

“Michigan ranks no. 1 nationally with more than 120 lighthouses along our 3,288 miles of Great Lakes coastline,” said Kelly Wolgamott, interim vice president of Travel Michigan. “National Lighthouse Day provides an opportunity to honor the vital role these historic beacons have played in our state’s rich maritime culture and to celebrate our Great Lakes lighthouses as a source of inspiration to visit Michigan during all four seasons.”

• Like 7

In cartegena, I'm signed up to see this 18th century lighthouse. Doesnt look like american light houses but I picked that excursion to see this one. Tried to find a good picture of it. But i would also tey and see light houses. Agree with ocean boy. Neat. 

20240807_074331913.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Heads up to @h20skibum  I hope your home and and surroundings are safe. 

Haven’t been on Dani’s thread, other than to skim thru.  Still been busy with my LIVE.

Yeah, I imagine I will have some cleanup when I get home next week. Was reading about the storms in today’s paper. Nothing to do about it from here, so no sense in worrying about what might be.

As some would say “It is what it is”

Now, back to our fun. 

• Like 12