Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I was skeptical of Break Dancing being added to the Olympics but I am watching it now and it is incredible. These are world class athletes.

I wanted very much for the young US girl to win the gold; what a sweetheart she is! She was up against a super experienced Chinese competitor though. Sadly, I think the event is not being included in LA four years from now; did I hear that correctly?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I was skeptical of Break Dancing being added to the Olympics but I am watching it now and it is incredible. These are world class athletes.

6 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Absolutely.  I'm not a huge fan of judge-based competitions being called "sports" (yeah, I include popular ones like gymnastics and diving in that category), but I can't deny that these people are truly "athletes" far beyond any athletic ability I've ever had.  

Canadian Champs too. 🤯🤩

• Like 2

Florida has bats? Multiple kinds our news said and if you have a bat infestation it's illegal to remove them for 4 months during maternity season. Ends august 15. Bat removal guy says his list is 1000s long to remove. They can get jnto a 1/4 inch crack. 

I'm loving florida glad I'm in a condo.... though some apts got them too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Florida has bats? Multiple kinds our news said and if you have a bat infestation it's illegal to remove them for 4 months during maternity season. Ends august 15. Bat removal guy says his list is 1000s long to remove. They can get jnto a 1/4 inch crack. 

Yes Florida has bats.  Several species of bats.  Most of them eat insects (good bats) a few eat pollen or fruits.  Occasionally we get one in the refuge.  They are fascinating to watch.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Yes Florida has bats.  Several species of bats.  Most of them eat insects (good bats) a few eat pollen or fruits.  Occasionally we get one in the refuge.  They are fascinating to watch.

First I ever heard florida had bats in the attics lol. And you cant remove them until babies hatched. I'd like to see the refuge.

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Sorry to hear about your computer issues! It does seem like it’s been a really long time since you’ve cruised.

Thanks. And the last time I stepped off of a cruise ship was Odyssey on Feb 11th.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Bats are very important to the ecosystem. I think Dracula, as well as the rabies virus, has given them a bad rap.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

15 minutes ago, Keksie said:

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

First I ever heard florida had bats in the attics lol. And you cant remove them until babies hatched. I'd like to see the refuge.

If you've never been to Austin, an amazing thing to do there is watch the bats who live under the Congress Ave. bridge leave just before sunset to go find food.  Millions of them...it's an incredible thing to see.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have ABLV in bats in Australia.  Related to rabies.  

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

More sick grand babies.  My SIL tested positive Friday, my daughter tested positive this morning and this afternoon the 2 month old spiked a fever so they are at Hasbro Children’s Hospital.  The 3 and 5 year old appear fine and are with them in a family suite treatment room.  We offered to pick up the girls but they don’t want us exposed - the least of my concerns. 🙏

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

If you've never been to Austin, an amazing thing to do there is watch the bats who live under the Congress Ave. bridge leave just before sunset to go find food.  Millions of them...it's an incredible thing to see.

They decided to take a night off the night we went to watch. 

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

More sick grand babies.  My SIL tested positive Friday, my daughter tested positive this morning and this afternoon the 2 month old spiked a fever so they are at Hasbro Children’s Hospital.  The 3 and 5 year old appear fine and are with them in a family suite treatment room.  We offered to pick up the girls but they don’t want us exposed - the least of my concerns. 🙏

Hasbro will take good care of them.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So sorry they are sick. Hoping for a speedy recovery. I am going on a week with Covid. I am feeling better but I’m tired of all the Kleenex I am going through.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It is definitely around, my SIL tested positive Tues, daughter Wed, 5 year old has symptoms but they haven't tested him.  8 year old seems fine, she had something a bit over a month ago but tested negative then, they are thinking she might have had it then.  The 3 are all feeling better but waiting a few days to test again.  We were with them 2 weeks ago but fine.  Hoping your family is all recovered soon.  Same to you Greg, not fun feeling yucky.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I've heard of it and seen pictures. I'll see. I'm invited to a wedding next april 26. Would be a squeeze tl get it between cruises but possible. Tight. The wedding is in Austin. Cousins daughter.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

That is a beautiful sight seeing the bats fly out.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I'm good with the idea of bats outside under a bridge. I wouldn't like them in my attic breeding and making a mess up there.

• Like 2