Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

CC is posting double pages again...sigh.

@HBE4 So happy to read that your cruise with old and new friends brought you so much joy creating new experiences.

@h20skibum @Momof3gurlz What wonderful memories you're creating for your grandkids and you as well!

@George C Our weather has just been updated to a high of 109.  That's the real temp, not the "feels as" temp.  And so it goes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to Owen and his team!

Beautiful picture of the Bride and Groom.  Her gown is gorgeous!

Andrew  @A&L_Ont

+ 1

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Your grandchildren are all so beautiful, Deb!  The baby is precious!!! So little!❤️

Deb @Momof3gurlz

+ 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Dani. Your cruise must be soon. Looking forward to hearing about it 

@sgmn

Thanks, Sue. It is the first time that I'm not counting the days until our cruise with my cousin 4 weeks from now. I wish it was later, so that the "situation" will resolve or at least settle down until then....

As it is, most of airlines have cancelled their flights, causing havoc just in the middle of the busiest time for family vacations. No more camps or organized activities for kids starting mid-August, and lots of companies are closing their doors for a week, in order to allow workers to take time off at the same period. Friends of ours have lost their deposits or full payments since no flights are available.

For now, we're booked on a flight TLV-ATH with the Greek company, which cancelled its flights... El Al still flies, but they don't fly on Saturdays, and their flight on Sunday is at 7PM, too risky for us (the cruise starts Monday).

As I've posted before... waiting for the retaliations to be over and done with us....

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

I love how your California g/son gets to keep in close contact with his cousins through your SoF's

Building great memories and strong family contacts 

Mark @h20skibum

+ 1

45 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@HBE4 Glad to hear you enjoyed your various adventures!  But, more importantly, has Leonard forgiven you for your departure?

@HBE4

+ 1

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Andrew  @A&L_Ont

+ 1

Deb @Momof3gurlz

+ 1

@sgmn

Thanks, Sue. It is the first time that I'm not counting the days until our cruise with my cousin 4 weeks from now. I wish it was later, so that the "situation" will resolve or at least settle down until then....

As it is, most of airlines have cancelled their flights, causing havoc just in the middle of the busiest time for family vacations. No more camps or organized activities for kids starting mid-August, and lots of companies are closing their doors for a week, in order to allow workers to take time off at the same period. Friends of ours have lost their deposits or full payments since no flights are available.

For now, we're booked on a flight TLV-ATH with the Greek company, which cancelled its flights... El Al still flies, but they don't fly on Saturdays, and their flight on Sunday is at 7PM, too risky for us (the cruise starts Monday).

As I've posted before... waiting for the retaliations to be over and done with us....

Mark @h20skibum

+ 1

@HBE4

+ 1

Dani,

I wish you the best of luck and peace. Bon Voyage!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2024 at 12:42 PM, sgmn said:

It's our first Canaries cruise so not quite sure what we're going to do in Tenerife and Las Palmas. 

This was our second TA from Barcelona in 2017 on Freedom.  Looking back at pictures, it seemed like it was yesterday.  Great, great memories.  We had terrific tours for both places.  Make sure to check TripAdvisor for tours.

Tenerife-  Laguna for a stroll through historic district

North coast and Icod de Los Vinos for Dragon Tree and wine/liqueur tasting

La Orotava and walk to the House of the Bakconnies via the old, quaint town

Head down to Puerto de la Cruz for a bite to eat and see the Lido area

Visited Parque Garcia Sanabria with a walk through Santa Cruz

Las Palmas-  Pico de las Nieves and a short walk to one of the highest points on La Palma

Fuencaliente, site of the San San Antonio Volcano crater, black sand beaches and 

small coves

Salt pans of Las Palma and the Lighthouse

image.thumb.jpeg.fa6253d6d820181e4ff5cceeec22009e.jpeg

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Where did you see this? I want to post it to FB.

It was altered by a prankster.

Check-in tonight for my cruise to Mexico. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6

Spent the day with our grandkids.  They wanted to make cookies to take in their lunch tomorrow.  

IMG_2935.thumb.jpeg.4801acda64b309d3e9e9b6a78b194320.jpeg

Lots of chocolate chips. 

IMG_2938.thumb.jpeg.baf0fc84152c4a4c16819d1bc8acfa29.jpeg

I went to the school to help my daughter finish the setup of her classroom for start of school tomorrow.  

I don’t think many realize how much time, and their own money, goes into getting things ready.  I think this was the 4th time I was there to lend her a hand in hanging things.  

Everything looks very nice. 

• Like 23

9 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Haven’t seen J & L yet, but I’m sure they are off enjoying Amsterdam.  I have already seen quite a few people that I know and that remembered me.  Surprisingly, 3 were bartenders. 🙀😹

LOL, Pat!  Have a great time onboard!  Bon Voyage!!🛳️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@HBE4  Thank you for sharing your cruise and vacation experience with us.  So great that you had such a wonderful time that you are now planning your future cruises, and that we will get to meet you on our Bella 2.0 come February!🥰

• Like 5

@DaniDanielle Thank you for thinking of us.

We had torrential rain late last night with thunder and lightning. All I could think of was our porch and deck railing were getting a good rinsing !

No damage in our area , but I heard some areas on the South Fork (Hamptons) were affected. Possibly because it is located near the ocean.

A beautiful day is forecasted for tomorrow-lower temps and low humidity ! 
@h20skibum Thank you for acknowledging the time,talent and funds that teachers invest in making their classrooms welcoming and comfortable places for their students. This effort is not only part of opening day preparation,but it is something teachers continue to do throughout the school year.

I am retired from the field for 12 years now, but I do fondly remember many days of

past Augusts  getting ready for the school year ahead.

I wish your daughter a pleasant,fufilling school year.

MJ👩🏻

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Current temperature in my corner of NY is 70 degrees going down to 58 tonight. Tomorrow night the low temp is going to be 50. 😁

Sure sign that autumn must be near, I saw first pumpkin flavored donuts in the supermarket today.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My daughter spent quite a bit of money at the Teachers Store yesterday.  People should be aware of the extra effort most teachers put into their job!

When I worked in Special Ed, the population of kids I worked with didn't come with school supplies.  We used to ask the Regular Ed teachers in June to collect notebooks that were barely written in by their students so they could be used during the school year by our students.  Every little bit helps!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1