Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I just saw a list of the rudest NFL teams.  Now I can understand why the Eagles got the top spot!   But seriously, lovable Steeler nation at five?

IMG_7359.thumb.jpeg.802c8291e06cfdf2303c56272c431ae5.jpeg

According to this,NY teams Giants and Bills do not have the rudest fans. Good to see NY folks are not at the top of the list!

MJ👩🏻

• Like 4

@lenquixote66 Hoping your procedure goes well. No fun sitting in the dentist chair especially for a redo procedure.

Wishing Toby a happy birthday and a year full of good days !

@Momof3gurlz Aloha- enjoy your Hawaiian vacation.

Quite the effort to reach the resort from the East coast, but rewarding once you arrive in a beautiful place.

MJ👩🏻

• Like 2

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

We had a lovely meal last night.

This was my dessert.

IMG_20240907_192808.jpg

This sure looks like you've been on another cruise, Graham!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

You are correct.  Greg and Linda and I are on a sailing together in October on the Navigator.  I am also back on it in November.

My excitement is going through the roof. Can’t wait to see you again. Not even 30 days out and I am already organizing clothes and odds and ends.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

His paternal grandmother ,a Greek woman is known for saving the lives of many Jewish people during World War II.

I did not know that very interesting. Great guy and very nice.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

What day is it? What time is it? 
We survived our long flight and made it to Hawaii. I only slept a couple of hours the night before we left, then another 2 hours during the flight which certainly didn’t help with the 6 hour time change. Needless to say, we had “dinner” at 3 pm and were both asleep before the sun set.  We’re at Aulani Resort (a Disney property), in the Ko’olina area of Oahu. Today’s going to be a relaxing pool/beach day. 

Ready to go!
IMG_2192.thumb.jpeg.4ed7f7d5f19c172dcdca49655d0e7343.jpeg

Our resort is at the top lagoon. So nice of the captain to give us a preview as we landed 😉😂

IMG_2201.thumb.jpeg.f6924beb8f41ffb2afa79ea5d8ba8735.jpeg

IMG_2456.thumb.jpeg.009357a53b3a410bc7ebf5e55f4be03c.jpeg

First Mai Tai. It was delicious. 

IMG_2204.thumb.jpeg.703f126543ece252639e4ef7d0cedaaa.jpeg

IMG_2202.jpeg

Looks so beautiful. That Mai Tai looks great. The Hawaiian version of the Mai Tai uses more fruit juices than the original Trader Vic Mai Tai.

Btw, if you end up visiting the island of Kauai try to get to Hanalei and a place called Tahiti Nui. They are famous for their Mai Tai which is a secret recipe and is famous all over the world. I had several friends who went there and said the drink was the best they ever had.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I am definitely different in this view and always wonder what is so sad about coming back to one's own home? Why are people so sad to do that? 

Because then most of us have to go back to work at our jobs and resume cooking & cleaning, etc.  Not as fun as vacation. Less family time, too, as all of our schedules are busy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We survived our long flight and made it to Hawaii. I only slept a couple of hours the night before we left, then another 2 hours during the flight which certainly didn’t help with the 6 hour time change. Needless to say, we had “dinner” at 3 pm and were both asleep before the sun set.  We’re at Aulani Resort (a Disney property), in the Ko’olina area of Oahu. Today’s going to be a relaxing pool/beach day. 

Ready to go!
IMG_2192.thumb.jpeg.4ed7f7d5f19c172dcdca49655d0e7343.jpeg

Our resort is at the top lagoon. So nice of the captain to give us a preview as we landed 😉😂

IMG_2201.thumb.jpeg.f6924beb8f41ffb2afa79ea5d8ba8735.jpeg

IMG_2456.thumb.jpeg.009357a53b3a410bc7ebf5e55f4be03c.jpeg

First Mai Tai. It was delicious. 

IMG_2204.thumb.jpeg.703f126543ece252639e4ef7d0cedaaa.jpeg

IMG_2202.jpeg

Looks simply wonderful!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Btw, if you end up visiting the island of Kauai try to get to Hanalei and a place called Tahiti Nui. They are famous for their Mai Tai which is a secret recipe and is famous all over the world. I had several friends who went there and said the drink was the best they ever had.

Isn't that the home of Puff the magic dragon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, George C said:

Scary win for the Bills , Seadog did you see highlights of your Hallmark KC movie ? 

Definitely a scary win.  Defense didn't look great, but a win is a win.  Our new viewing location did a great job of accommodating us.  Their wings were pretty good.  Beef on Weck was a little overcooked but they promised to make it more rare next time...Thursday night.  Here's our group:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely a scary win.  Defense didn't look great, but a win is a win.  Our new viewing location did a great job of accommodating us.  Their wings were pretty good.  Beef on Weck was a little overcooked but they promised to make it more rare next time...Thursday night.  Here's our group:

Didn’t see it as I was scouting the Bengals but saw the highlights. Great win but I get concerned for Josh when I see do some of the physical things like that leap for a touchdown. I know he’s extremely tough but I would not want to see him injured.

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Learned something new today.

https://www.hawaii-aloha.com/blog/puff-the-magic-dragon-of-hanalei/

I always liked that song.

We never made it to Tahiti Nui when we were there since they weren't open yet, but we enjoyed lunch and good Mai Tais just down the road.  Hanalei is a cool area to wander around, both the beach and the little town.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Didn’t see it as I was scouting the Bengals but saw the highlights. Great win but I get concerned for Josh when I see do some of the physical things like that leap for a touchdown. I know he’s extremely tough but I would not want to see him injured.

He injured his left (non-throwing) hand on that leaping TD.  Didn't stop him though for the rest of the game.  He may adjust as he gets older and take fewer chances with his body, but I've resigned myself to he is who he is.  Sometimes his play hurts the Bills but more often than not, it helps.  He carried the offense on his back today.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

He injured his left (non-throwing) hand on that leaping TD.  Didn't stop him though for the rest of the game.  He may adjust as he gets older and take fewer chances with his body, but I've resigned myself to he is who he is.  Sometimes his play hurts the Bills but more often than not, it helps.  He carried the offense on his back today.

He only has a couple of days to rest before Thursday game. I was disappointed with YouTube ticket , it appears I have to watch it live when it was on directtv I could tape it and skip commercials. The defense definitely miss Matt Milano. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Bonnie.We celebrated her 21st.birthday at Ratners.

When I was 8 years old I was the shortest kid in my class .I was the tallest in my HS .I grew 6” in a very short time.

I always had the vegetable cutlet and mushroom barley soup.  A Ratner's tradition.

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Have a great vacation in Hawaii.  I wouldn’t mind being there right now.  

That Mai Tai looks good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1