Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good girl!     that's funny she goes bouncing around the barn and the hay but doesn't like to walk the corn fields.    

She snuck in today while sitting was moving equipment around.  She refused to come down at noon, so she will have to stay until after dinner. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

@dani negreanu

Heard today that Israel is down to zero covid deaths.  Fantastic news. Vaccination really does work 

BBC News - Covid-19: Israel records no daily deaths for the first time in 10 months
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56868383

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I also worry about ever reaching herd immunity 

So glad for Dani, my friends and family, for Israel's remarkable answer to fight covid.  My family there cannot understand the hesitancy so many have here of getting the vaccine.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

They say 70% vaccinated adults is herd immunity so hopefully that will be attained.

Thank you Sue, Bonnie and Graham.  I'm encouraged that in UK and US the figures of vaccination continue to rise. We all depend on each other.

Fingers crossed the improvement will continue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes.  Still hard to believe 50 years could go so quickly!

Sorry I'm late but Happy 50th Anniversary. Wishing you many more of love and happiness.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Very sad news, so sorry for her family and for you.

This nasty virus plays havoc with the prognosis -- had several acquaintances who were on the mend, and, suddenly, took a turn for the worse and died in a matter of hours....😢

I'm really sorry to hear about your acquaintances who seemed to be getting better then suddenly dying with this awful covid19.

I hope your country continues to have zero covid19 deaths Dani.

Take care.

Graham & Pauline.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Very sad news, so sorry for her family and for you.

This nasty virus plays havoc with the prognosis -- had several acquaintances who were on the mend, and, suddenly, took a turn for the worse and died in a matter of hours....😢

Sorry to hear about your acquaintances too. Yes, Nasty virus and hope many more people get vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh yeah!  Great pictures!  And thanks for bringing back those fond memories.  Sigh...was originally supposed to be heading there in 3 weeks.  😞 

Some more, just for you, Pat, if it could improve your mood 🥰

DSC_1169.JPG

DSC_1172.JPG

DSC_1176.JPG

DSC_1180.JPG

DSC_1183.JPG

DSC_1189.JPG

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love the Old Lahaina Luau.  Been there twice.  Pro tip...get seats (real chairs) in the center by the walkway where the performers enter and closest to the stage.  Don't think I could handle the tables that are closer to the stage but require sitting on the ground.  

After reading here on CC the tip about getting "real chairs", we booked very early, and they promised the best table for us. It was great. Here I'm with my 1st cousin, who lives in Germany. She and her DH gifted us this cruise, knowing they'll get a perfectly organized trip and my DH as their driver to boot....😉

DSC_1094.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 10

On 4/23/2021 at 12:01 PM, StanleyandGus said:

Even though the house we are in now (which we bought last year) is bigger than the last one, I am thinking about that too. Every time we moved, it was a military move, and the Canadian Forces make it as easy as it can be. Packers and the move itself are provided, but if we ever move again, it will be by ourselves.

Everything we buy will have to have a use, or be welcomed by the kids! 
As opposed to my great grandmother’s silver, which all of them are looking at with horror, and kindly offering to a sibling!

Military also moved us a few times and we didn’t collect so much stuff. When our next move happens we will have been in this house for about 32 years. We have unfortunately collected to much stuff. We have already started thinking about downsizing and trying to get rid of stuff. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

.....Do people who refuse to wear masks understand/care that they can pass covid on to others?  Not looking to argue, it was just something I had to ask.

I think it’s both. Some don’t care and others think they’ll never get it. There are ones that think they have a healthy immune system and that will keep them safe. Unfortunately it doesn’t always work that way. These people are also the ones that won’t get the shots. Then you also have the ones that believe the masks don’t work. 

16 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

932E6E76-E99D-46A5-BE61-A34B5E7C5AE1.jpeg

F14B4E10-122A-4FC0-8266-8F448C7B4860.jpeg

Congrats on such a huge milestone.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Some more, just for you, Pat, if it could improve your mood 🥰

DSC_1169.JPG

DSC_1172.JPG

DSC_1176.JPG

DSC_1180.JPG

DSC_1183.JPG

DSC_1189.JPG

After reading here on CC the tip about getting "real chairs", we booked very early, and they promised the best table for us. It was great. Here I'm with my 1st cousin, who lives in Germany. She and her DH gifted us this cruise, knowing they'll get a perfectly organized trip and my DH as their driver to boot....😉

DSC_1094.JPG

Nice photo Dani of 2 happy and pretty girls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think it’s both. Some don’t care and others think they’ll never get it. There are ones that think they have a healthy immune system and that will keep them safe. Unfortunately it doesn’t always work that way. These people are also the ones that won’t get the shots. Then you also have the ones that believe the masks don’t work. 

Congrats on such a huge milestone.

Thank you very much

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We have been very busy, moved 3 months ago into our new house in Virginia. Yard work is starting now with mowing, also getting my garden started. Pictures of that to come.

Not sure why the picture just doesn't appear without clicking link. Maybe the mods can fix it please.

95be0a2e78f1e8b0931c1d3feb0fb87d-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp 508.38 kB · 33 downloads

Good luck. Lovely house and beautiful area.

• Like 1

Tonight we are going over to some dear friends of ours for dinner. The host is making carne asada tacos, with another couple making a ceviche salad. I decided to be a mad scientist a make some Mexican cheesy corn in a crock pot. I basically took parts of 3 different recipes to make this. It turned out really good. . 

79619371_MexicanCheeseyCorn.thumb.jpg.f698812e41450ea998beb107fb6ea32e.jpg

If your interested here's what I did.

Ingredients:

8 ounces bacon

2 pounds sweet corn, very well drained

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 bunch green onion, sliced

1/2  of each Red, Green and Yellow peppers diced

I 4oz can diced green chilies 

salt, freshly ground black pepper, and cayenne to taste

1 stick of butter

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 block cream cheese 8 oz

1/4 cup of sugar

2 ounces mozzarella cheese

4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, 

1. Cook 1/2 Bacon (Cut UP small cubes) to fry iron cask skillet do not fully crisp
  2. When bacon is almost done put 1/2 of your corn in to toast cook till golden brown
  3. add garlic, onion, diced peppers, green chilies, cook 3-4 minutes till veggies soften
  4. push to side and get rid of excess bacon grease with paper towel
  5. Add seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne
  6. Transfer to croc pot with remaining other half of frozen sweet corn
  7. Add cubed stick of butter and cubed cream cheese
  8. Cook low 2 hours then add 1/4 cup of sugar or to taste
  9. Add cheese.

Waning this is very yummy but not low fat.

:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Tonight we are going over to some dear friends of ours for dinner. The host is making carne asada tacos, with another couple making a ceviche salad. I decided to be a mad scientist a make some Mexican cheesy corn in a crock pot. I basically took parts of 3 different recipes to make this. It turned out really good. . 

79619371_MexicanCheeseyCorn.thumb.jpg.f698812e41450ea998beb107fb6ea32e.jpg

If your interested here's what I did.

Ingredients:

8 ounces bacon

2 pounds sweet corn, very well drained

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 bunch green onion, sliced

1/2  of each Red, Green and Yellow peppers diced

I 4oz can diced green chilies 

salt, freshly ground black pepper, and cayenne to taste

1 stick of butter

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 block cream cheese 8 oz

1/4 cup of sugar

2 ounces mozzarella cheese

4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, 

1. Cook 1/2 Bacon (Cut UP small cubes) to fry iron cask skillet do not fully crisp
  2. When bacon is almost done put 1/2 of your corn in to toast cook till golden brown
  3. add garlic, onion, diced peppers, green chilies, cook 3-4 minutes till veggies soften
  4. push to side and get rid of excess bacon grease with paper towel
  5. Add seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne
  6. Transfer to croc pot with remaining other half of frozen sweet corn
  7. Add cubed stick of butter and cubed cream cheese
  8. Cook low 2 hours then add 1/4 cup of sugar or to taste
  9. Add cheese.

Waning this is very yummy but not low fat.

:

Impressive!  I'm sure everyone will love it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sad news yesterday, we lost a wonderful neighbor to Covid.    She has been in the hospital for about a month fighting covid. 

Really sorry to hear about your friend and her husband. I’m guessing neither one had the shot. Hopefully more people would have been able to get it by now. Wasn’t PA short on doses?

Dinner tonight.

Three meat lasagna tonight with sausage, bacon, ground meat with ricotta, mozzarella and fontina cheese.  

76383CFB-B70D-48FC-876D-8922A7891B58.thumb.jpeg.229ac04d4696a6ce3ce3a3373196da28.jpeg

Homemade bread, turned into garlic bread with real garlic. Caesar salad with scratch made dressing and homemade bacon bits. 

C8DD0A25-D195-41DF-8B81-FDE2B4E403D2.thumb.jpeg.2ad01d657643de919857e5fadda1ce99.jpeg

Just about to have dessert, lemon meringue pie. 

DFE66B91-0611-4B48-8AA4-6D357893E648.thumb.jpeg.f34e149a66169e80589259be7e456d8f.jpeg

• Like 21

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight.

Three meat lasagna tonight with sausage, bacon, ground meat with ricotta, mozzarella and fontina 

Looks amazing. Is the lasagna homemade too? 

Instead of bacon DH adds some slices of schinken 😜

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2