Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

After reading here on CC the tip about getting "real chairs", we booked very early, and they promised the best table for us. It was great. Here I'm with my 1st cousin, who lives in Germany. She and her DH gifted us this cruise, knowing they'll get a perfectly organized trip and my DH as their driver to boot....😉

DSC_1094.JPG

If the walkway to the lower level is right where the photographer is standing, it's exactly where we were sitting.  Agree...best seats in the house with real chairs.  Off to find those pictures...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We  just spent the last 2 1/2 hours watching the women's National Volleyball tournament.

Pre- COVID (2019) we had 5th row seats up ---- the net, middle court  in Pittsburgh and enjoyed every minute.

This year Kentucky University won!!!!!!!!!

Future SIL is a football strength and conditioning coach down there at Eastern Kentucky, just south of the Kentucky University campus.

Although not the same school, I guess Kentucky is Kentucky. 

Next year the tournament is at one of the arenas in Columbus Ohio, December 16-18.

We have our room and on list to be contacted to purchase tickets depending on COVID guidelines at that time.

Love volleyball as a spectator.  Our daughter played from 4th grade on and in college 4 years of club.

We watched her develop over 12 years.

When I graduated High School the only sports for girls was Tennis.

The only other activities for girls was cheer-leading, dance line and spirit club.

Um yup, not to brag, but

I Played position number one on our high school team and earned a varsity letter.

Yup, never won a match, begged to be downed to spot 2 or 3, but never happened.

Boy did I learn a lot.

At least I got a letter.

Good night

When I was in Jr. High (Middle School) girls were required to take home economics and boys had to take woodwork shop. How times changed!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

When I was in Jr. High (Middle School) girls were required to take home economics and boys had to take woodwork shop. How times changed!

And we made nothing of any worth in that wood shop. You should see some of the amazing stuff our high school kids turn out in industrial arts these days.

• Like 1

Adding some Old Lahaina Luau pics from 2014

_CM_4259.thumb.jpg.05241993471a70b9ddcc7630982fd084.jpg

_CM_4267.thumb.jpg.3f77525335fc11c6f0a1dfafa8f822d1.jpg

If you want to sit really close to the stage, you're sitting on the ground on pillows

_CM_4271.thumb.jpg.d659a06158897d0f1d350aeecd5a352a.jpg

We preferred sitting in real chairs a little further back, but still close (it's a small venue)

_CM_4278.thumb.jpg.8aa4213a09b1128271dc7ef956dfc493.jpg

_CM_4303.thumb.jpg.f68ab77dfd95abe70dc9d8f95a55959a.jpg

_CM_4313.thumb.jpg.da71bcb3f297ce8a0f82dddd3d8fe768.jpg

_CM_4314.thumb.jpg.2b610b7c849e788249194f6a3033082b.jpg

_CM_4335.thumb.jpg.13c5b8a135986ae9dd6a2cb75d748ab4.jpg

_CM_4338.thumb.jpg.50057b859db63dff9dede89fda978d5a.jpg

_CM_4353.thumb.jpg.e640e7f577d6e4e0e1fd941d40b5a7eb.jpg

_CM_4351.thumb.jpg.46942cf68e87fc1c2eb510bb70520889.jpg

_CM_4273.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Both of my daughters played organized sports (soccer, volleyball) and my younger daughter did competitive team dance for many years.  Organized sports are a great way to build confidence and learn so many valuable lessons for life.  It's great that girls have many of the same opportunities as boys to get this experience.

One of my daughter's teams were World Champions in 2014 when she was 16.  If I remember correctly, second and third place were from The Netherlands and Japan.

• Like 6

We took the plunge and booked our hotels, rental car and flight to South Dakota this summer.  I really hope it all comes together and we get to go.  I have two people who said they would house sit which is the sticking point for the whole trip.  If for some reason they both back out we will have to scramble to find someone or cancel.  At least all our reservations are able to be cancelled with a few days notice.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Both of my daughters played organized sports (soccer, volleyball) and my younger daughter did competitive team dance for many years.  Organized sports are a great way to build confidence and learn so many valuable lessons for life.  It's great that girls have many of the same opportunities as boys to get this experience.

One of my daughter's teams were World Champions in 2014 when she was 16.  If I remember correctly, second and third place were from The Netherlands and Japan.

That was a wonderful performance.  Such a talented group it is easy to see why they were champions.

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like a gecko on some patio furniture with white vinyl siding as a background. 

Ding...ding..ding!   Winner winner chicken dinner!!  😄  

Yeah, little Anole lizard snuck into our back porch...climbed up to say hello while we were having dinner.  Since I was not serving flies...he left.  😉 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

@island ladyhow long do you let the roots get on pineapples before you transfer then to soil?  Here’s where ours is at.

79CA2773-7977-4DE0-9DB0-96892FF122B0.jpeg

Put it in the soil now.  Actually waited too long.  I keep the Pineapple top in the bowl of water about 10 days, then transfer to fertilized soil in a pot.   That mold on the bottom may give you trouble with root rot.  

We have a dozen or more growing Pineapple plants outside right now, everyone of them has a tiny baby Pineapple popping up in the middle.  Not sure we will get back from Maine in time to harvest them.  Neighbor taking care of our house will score.  😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Put it in the soil now.  Actually waited too long.  I keep the Pineapple top in the bowl of water about 10 days, then transfer to fertilized soil in a pot.   That mold on the bottom may give you trouble with root rot.  

We have a dozen or more growing Pineapple plants outside right now, everyone of them has a tiny baby Pineapple popping up in the middle.  Not sure we will get back from Maine in time to harvest them.  Neighbor taking care of our house will score.  😉 

Thanks.  The good thing is that if this fails it’s easy enough to try again. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We took the plunge and booked our hotels, rental car and flight to South Dakota this summer.  I really hope it all comes together and we get to go.  I have two people who said they would house sit which is the sticking point for the whole trip.  If for some reason they both back out we will have to scramble to find someone or cancel.  At least all our reservations are able to be cancelled with a few days notice.  

Hope all goes well, and you have a fantabulous time!  We also have our flights, rental car, and VRBO houses booked, but is for Maine this summer.  Will be strange not to drive the "land yacht" up there this year.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks.  The good thing is that if this fails it’s easy enough to try again. 

Indeed!!  👍

And once the Pineapples start producing...the new ones get eaten and stuffed in dirt as well.  😄 

29 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Sounds like a nice trip, Enjoy !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm always in awe of the big lots your house/s are on, and, moreover, of the absence of any fences between the neighbors.

Our neighborhood association does not allow fences...which of course lets the deer run all over the place. 😉  But we have big palms on both sides of the house which really serves as a fence for privacy.  Bucky goes over board with them though, looks like a jungle!  😮 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Adding some Old Lahaina Luau pics from 2014

_CM_4259.thumb.jpg.05241993471a70b9ddcc7630982fd084.jpg

_CM_4267.thumb.jpg.3f77525335fc11c6f0a1dfafa8f822d1.jpg

If you want to sit really close to the stage, you're sitting on the ground on pillows

_CM_4271.thumb.jpg.d659a06158897d0f1d350aeecd5a352a.jpg

We preferred sitting in real chairs a little further back, but still close (it's a small venue)

_CM_4278.thumb.jpg.8aa4213a09b1128271dc7ef956dfc493.jpg

_CM_4303.thumb.jpg.f68ab77dfd95abe70dc9d8f95a55959a.jpg

_CM_4313.thumb.jpg.da71bcb3f297ce8a0f82dddd3d8fe768.jpg

_CM_4314.thumb.jpg.2b610b7c849e788249194f6a3033082b.jpg

_CM_4335.thumb.jpg.13c5b8a135986ae9dd6a2cb75d748ab4.jpg

_CM_4338.thumb.jpg.50057b859db63dff9dede89fda978d5a.jpg

_CM_4353.thumb.jpg.e640e7f577d6e4e0e1fd941d40b5a7eb.jpg

_CM_4351.thumb.jpg.46942cf68e87fc1c2eb510bb70520889.jpg

_CM_4273.jpg

Very pretty women your family!! I've been to Lahina of course, but haven't been to a tourist luau in ages, maybe 30 years. Though we did family luauas where I lived in the country at every excuse. In the country a luau success was on the kinds of raw fish they served. Lots of singing. I think maybe they are so good because they grow up with it. Pictures take me back in time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm always in awe of the big lots your house/s are on, and, moreover, of the absence of any fences between the neighbors.

All the lots are on about an acre and half, some even back up to the gold course, our however doesn't but we are fine with that, makes it a little more private which we like.

We go out for a walk everyday about 3 miles around in and around the golf course.

Golf course.jpg

Golf course 2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks for the kind words. When my wife and I saw that picture of the house we both fell in love with it right away.

House comes with lots of deer too.

Love the area in Southwest Virginia.

Moved in, in Mid January, were greeted with some snow.

Cats(Cody & Lucy) love the house too.

20210324_193158.jpg

20210415_111031.jpg

20210415_151533.jpg

20210128_085411.jpg

20210424_140250.jpg

Jimbo, I think Cody and Lucy are cousins of my cats Diana and Menise!

image.thumb.jpeg.b2d20a26391c479971ddcb04c749957f.jpeg

• Like 11

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Did you close? I see you too were closing in slow motion. I finally got closed but now doing the set up stuff. Took over a week for the condo mgmt office to receive my name as a owner. Then I had to be issued a number, now they are printing out a booklet to snail mail to show me how to set up hoa recurring payment. 

I'm told small towns dont operate at the same speed as big towns, it's me not them lol. The guy who was supposed to start Wednesday working showed up today and who knows when the ac guy will get there. It is a slower speed than dallas. Im not going down until they are close to finishing, rather than sit in a hotel. 

Good luck. Hope you got closed ok. Been watching for your post and congratulations are in order.

Congratulations on winning the battle and being the new owner of your condo!  Best wishes.

• Like 1