Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Best thing we ever did when Bucky's pack rat parents passed on was to hire a company to do an "estate sale".   Spent over a month up there cleaning stuff up and getting the house ready to sell.  They lived in Ohio, we live in Florida...needed to take care of it ASAP so we could go back home. 

It was a "one and done" day.  Company was smart, putting things in "lots"...all new to me since I have never been to one.  They told me the secret was to put the "good stuff" in the middle of each lot.  Buyer has to take the crap along with what they really wanted.  Boy did that clean the place out!!  😄 

We had  an estate sale here in TX when we sold our house.  Everything was washed and staged beautifully.  Furniture was sold as well as our 8 year old washer/dryer.  At the end of the day everything left over was sold in one lot.  DH and I were surprised and happy at the outcome.  

On another note, DH and I met double jabbed friends we hadn't seen in almost a year, We had brunch in the first restaurant we've been to in a year! So liberating.

Do people who refuse to wear masks understand/care that they can pass covid on to others?  Not looking to argue, it was just something I had to ask.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The grandkids helping the celebration!

46A9B5BE-22A6-41B5-BA74-DCCA167801F8.jpeg

You know I love the guy pictured back left. Let's Go Mets! 

Jacob deGrom pitched a fabulous game in honor of your  big anniversary!  Congrats.

Edited by mets07
sp

On 4/22/2021 at 4:17 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I love to dip my french fries into a vanilla milkshake.    Ummmm so good!

🤢

On 4/22/2021 at 6:20 PM, Sheal said:

Don’t gag but after going to the Netherlands I acquired a taste for Mayo on my fries.  Not here at home though, I stick with vinegar and sometimes ketchup.

I’ve had Mayo on fries before. It’s not to bad. Spicy mayo is better.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 7:23 PM, John&LaLa said:

Nope, just ketchup.

FWIW, I thought mayo on fries was a Canadian thing.

My ex DIL dipped them in honey mustard. She's gone now😉

Honey mustard doesn’t sound bad. I like it on ham sandwiches.

On 4/23/2021 at 1:55 AM, sgmn said:

Or mayonnaise 

Or blue cheese dressing.

19 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh yes...love..love the food in NZ!!  Frustrating that we were supposed to be down there right now.  😞 

But the one thing I tried that I almost gagged on...the Vegemite.  Ughh...  Must be an acquired taste.  😜

We tried the  Vegemite while in Sydney. The key is to put so little on that you just get a little taste from it, otherwise 🤮

• Like 2

Fish dinner last night at a night out with friends.  We were at a restaurant so far out in the sticks, that there is no cell phone service there. 

D9772B9E-DC9A-4C8D-A7EF-2BB69F7D319C.thumb.jpeg.d4e83e691859272abd1d360f41baeaf0.jpeg

There was a nice Shelby GT500 parked by the door, as we walked out to check out our friends new truck. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Recently went thru selling my late Dad’s house and disposing (ie:dumpster) 50+ years worth of “treasures”.  But he did have a 3 bedroom house worth of furniture that I couldn’t just trash. One thing I will say is, if you’re not looking to get the max amount for your stuff and just want easy then a yard/garage sale may be the way to go.  We didn’t do this due to Covid so I put all the furniture items on fb marketplace.  What a P.I.T.A!  People will ask you a hundred questions (regardless of how detailed your description is), ask for additional pictures, set a time to come pickup and then never show.  Yard/garage sale is usually a one shot deal, or two if you do it over a weekend.  Anything that’s left you can donate.  I’m all about easy these days.

17 hours ago, island lady said:

Best thing we ever did when Bucky's pack rat parents passed on was to hire a company to do an "estate sale".   Spent over a month up there cleaning stuff up and getting the house ready to sell.  They lived in Ohio, we live in Florida...needed to take care of it ASAP so we could go back home. 

It was a "one and done" day.  Company was smart, putting things in "lots"...all new to me since I have never been to one.  They told me the secret was to put the "good stuff" in the middle of each lot.  Buyer has to take the crap along with what they really wanted.  Boy did that clean the place out!!  😄 

I was going to say the auction house is a way to go. I know a father and son who run one up here and they have a crew that empty homes and sell the items at their auction house. Now the items are on-line but they actually think they get a better following. 

• Like 3

Did some outdoor work yesterday as the weather has improved around here. I am going to do some more work outside shortly. 

Lucy relaxed while I BBQed some burgers last night. 

6A48B157-C19D-4D13-A020-3E174A7F3216.thumb.jpeg.8eb5886953514711a1d3946f73223111.jpeg

Fertilizer was spread on the corn ground too around the same time.  

108D00FD-557A-4B89-9125-67A75EB9ECB3.thumb.jpeg.aa5032ac1d4be4a1c0689c8833d92ed4.jpeg

Lucy perked up to see what was going on. 

03719F11-DD37-4DF1-AF44-96A4C3F69952.thumb.jpeg.5c951a905ef0992bc4244db3f746ce51.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

We have been very busy, moved 3 months ago into our new house in Virginia. Yard work is starting now with mowing, also getting my garden started. Pictures of that to come.

Not sure why the picture just doesn't appear without clicking link. Maybe the mods can fix it please.

95be0a2e78f1e8b0931c1d3feb0fb87d-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Definitely the easiest and would’ve been my first choice.  Unfortunately we couldn’t get anyone around here to do it in the midst of Covid.  

So true.  Many things that we used to take for granted are gone.  Sad.  😞 

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We had  an estate sale here in TX when we sold our house.  Everything was washed and staged beautifully.  Furniture was sold as well as our 8 year old washer/dryer.  At the end of the day everything left over was sold in one lot.  DH and I were surprised and happy at the outcome.  

On another note, DH and I met double jabbed friends we hadn't seen in almost a year, We had brunch in the first restaurant we've been to in a year! So liberating.

Do people who refuse to wear masks understand/care that they can pass covid on to others?  Not looking to argue, it was just something I had to ask.

Not just refusing to wear masks...but add to that problem the ones refusing the vaccine as well.  😞 

Guessing it's the same type?  Not sure if we will ever attain "herd immunity".   

• Like 3

We may end up using a consignment shop that our Ohio neighbor has used.  If you drop something off at their store, they'll give you 50% of whatever they sell it for.  If they come pick it up from your house, they'll give you 40%, or something like that.  Seems easiest.