Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

We were on Oahu in 2019 and the Arizona Memorial was closed. We had visited it on previous trips, but if you are going for the memorial, make sure it is open.  We went to the Punchbowl Cemetery in its place.  Lovely cemetery, that is weird to find being right their near Honolulu.  Very strange lovely place.

It opened again recently. That was one of the things I looked into since he said he wanted to go there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If anyone goes to OAHU, be sure to leave a day open to tour with KOS TOURS.

My wife and I and another couple toured with them for a day in a Hummer. Got to places other tours(guides) can't get to because of the hummer.

https://losttourshawaii.com/

If you are a movie buff , it was a really a neat and interesting day.

Funny story. We were returning our rental and the folks in front of us were hetting dinged several hundred dollars for taking their H2 off road during the rental period.

The staff was pointing to grasses/weeds in the grill and dirt on the fender wells.🤣🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG!  Beautiful cats...I can just hear them purring now.  🙂   And lovely bedspread as well!  

Am I the only one who can’t see the picture? Tried my iPad and phone. Haven’t tried my laptop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It is a habit of mine to get up before sunrise, go to the elevator and take a picture of the day that it says on the carpet. That helps to distinguish the photos that I take from day to day, otherwise, it’s all blurred together.  Then I get up to the deck and wait for sunrise to take pictures.  After that, it’s off to the gym to workout before I head to WJ for breakfast.  Then, I go to the DL for my cappuccino.  Sigh.  I miss this so much.

Sydney, Canada October 11, 2019

I always take a picture of the Cruise Compass.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Funny story. We were returning our rental and the folks in front of us were hetting dinged several hundred dollars for taking their H2 off road during the rental period.

The staff was pointing to grasses/weeds in the grill and dirt on the fender wells.🤣🤣

When your tour guide owns the hummer and it comes back with dings.......the good part is there is no extra charge at the end of the tour  🙂

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Am I the only one who can’t see the picture? Tried my iPad and phone. Haven’t tried my laptop.

I posted the pictures on my laptop, but when I tried to look at them on iPad I couldn’t see them either, not sure what I did wrong , never posted pictures before.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm a light packer when traveling for work... When traveling for a cruise or extended vacation I'm a heavy packer by some folks' standards.  One full size suitcase and one carry on and sometimes a briefcase for the electronics.  I know that that is excessive. 

I substituted a rucksack for a briefcase on this one. 

IMG_1394.jpeg

That’s about what ours looks like. 😁

• Like 1

@Tree_skier hit up a surf museum when you are there. We went to one on the North Shore and it was worth it. Dole Plantation was also an interesting stop on our Island day trip.  There was a beach or park seemingly around every corner. 

We drove around the island one day and stopped at the blow hole. 

706D7120-24AA-43C2-A0E6-BBFF70068206.thumb.jpeg.ce8e170d724e13275d6a827459baa9c0.jpeg

We also passed by what was Island Choppers HQ from the original Magnum PI.

AD7A4944-192F-4043-985B-D7BB251904FF.thumb.jpeg.c1f8219c84d2977023abfc32fb60ef0d.jpeg

We also drove past Robin’s Nest.

D80F3FF5-3813-40AF-B909-EE181936BD48.thumb.jpeg.cdf8e4cd363882c9e2b91c382471e968.jpeg

26F58C5A-B3FB-421F-ABD4-959B629C5860.thumb.png.4a96efc0ddb66876b1aba87432c7e1d6.png

Unfortunately it has since sold and has been torn down. Along with a bit of my childhood.  The gate might still be there. 

B91B903A-4659-4D08-9801-F860FD103795.thumb.png.d2ebd5e3018bcddb71f6a603ad943a0a.png

News story about it. 

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37914775/bye-bye-robins-nest-iconic-magnum-pi-property-demolished/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I only use my laptop to play on CC.  Not enough patience for using anything else.  But then again...I belong to the dinosaur club.  😉 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’ll have to look into it as I always wanted to go. Mike has been there several times with the Navy.

We either go in May or October. I get confused between Bermuda and the ABC trip. Both are fairly unique for PC

Laura cruised there solo out of Boston on NCL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Going there from PC next year on Mariner

So glad you will get to beautiful Bermuda. We have gone there several times as it is a more typical destination from NJ/NJ. We first went there on Empress. 

Remember these album folders? Perhaps they still sell them?

20210428_185512.jpg

20210428_185556.jpg

20210428_185533.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Additionally, find the shrimp truck on the NE side of the island.  Disgusting and wonderful.  We did a food tour on our last circumnavigation. Ate breakfast at Cafe Haleiwa, then fish Tacos, at a food truck near the Banzai Pipeline beaches, then late afternoon snack at (I think) Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck.  By the time we got back to our hotel in Honolulu we just went to Duke’s for snacks and drinks.  

Oh...but don't forget the favorite of surfers...Spam!!  😉 

Just now, island lady said:

I only use my laptop to play on CC.  Not enough patience for using anything else.  But then again...I belong to the dinosaur club.  😉 

My lap top is used with my printer for online cruise and flight check in only and printing boarding passes.

It has been dormant for over a year.

I have not made any cc posts on my lap top they are all from my mobile phone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is actually his other half that is the doctor.

Thanks,I just meant I hope he returns and the medical part was referring to yourself and other

doctors and surgeon's in general like my cardiac surgeon who fitted my stent and my eye surgeon who removed an Epiretinal Membrane and cataract from my eye.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My lap top is used with my printer for online cruise and flight check in only and printing boarding passes.

It has been dormant for over a year.

I have not made any cc posts on my lap top they are all from my mobile phone.

I just like typing the old way, all fingers going.  But again...I am a dinosaur when it comes to techie toys.  😉  I envy people like you that have that talent.  🙂 

• Like 2