Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there!

MJSailors, you are certainly right about the City water affecting the taste of bagels and pizza.  I grew up on Staten Island, and  always had delicious bagels and pizza.  The best!  We moved to NJ four years ago, and tried so many pizza places, but to no avail.  Any time we go back to the Island, our grandsons ask us to pick up a pizza and bring them home.  One of our great Italian restaurants on the Island, Denino's, has opened two restaurants here in NJ, and they have the water shipped to them here.  I can attest to how delicious their pizza is here.  Both restaurants are only a half hour from us in each direction. 

mo&fran, enjoy your cruise!!!!!

I worked on Staten Island and my wife and I met for the very first time in Clove Lake Park.We have friends that lived in Staten Island and moved to 

North Jersey about 5 years ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Yesterday afternoon, watching the rain heading our way, Bucky down in front of the house checking out the rainbow.  Unfortunately did not find the gold at the end of it...sigh...no free cruise for us.  😉 

20210619_183410.jpg

Love this. So fabulous to see how the rainbow splits the sky. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I worked on Staten Island and my wife and I met for the very first time in Clove Lake Park.We have friends that lived in Staten Island and moved to 

Small world we live in!!  I loved living in and growing up on the Island.  Living so close to Manhattan was convenient.  The Island has gotten so crowded now.  Traffic had become a nightmare.  Where did you work on the Island?  I loved working in Manhattan years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

For 10 summers, I attended day camp on Staten Island and daily passed Clove Lake and Silver Lake Parks on Victory Blvd to get to the Henry Kaufman Campgrounds.  Best summers of my life.

@h20skibumLooks like a wonderful day at the car show.  Great to see folks enjoying themselves after being cooped up so long.

• Like 2

Luckynana-

We have had some luck in Florida with some pretty good pizza. Not sure if those places import NYC water to make the pizza dough.

The pizza on Princess Cruises comes close to what we consider good,hometown pizza.

I worked briefly in Manhattan at Lord and Taylor in their customer service department. This was right after college when teaching jobs were scarce in the 70s.  I did enjoy working in the City. Often,I would do some shopping on Fifth Ave before getting the subway home. Needless to say, my paycheck went in a hurry some weeks! 🙄 

George C

I enjoyed my high school years at CK,class of 1970. The school was literally separated into two schools. One was the girls division,the other ,the boys division. We shared the cafeteria,some clubs, the yearly school play and dances. I knew some of the boys from my neighborhood and Richmond Hill and Queens Village. I am still close with six girls from my class. We are more family than friends.Those HS years  were some of the best years in my life- so far!

• Like 2

I had a Tutti Frutti Salad Bar and somehow managed to create a cheese board too!

I downloaded the key card Ding sound as well as the PA announcement tone and did the noon updates.

Diamond Drink of the Day

Veuve Cliquot Champagne with Passion Fruit and Midori Orange.

Sequester Drink  Hennesy Cognac ,Bacardi Rum and Coconut liquor 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, travelplus said:

I had a Tutti Frutti Salad Bar and somehow managed to create a cheese board too!

I downloaded the key card Ding sound as well as the PA announcement tone and did the noon updates.

Diamond Drink of the Day

Veuve Cliquot Champagne with Passion Fruit and Midori Orange.

Sequester Drink  Hennesy Cognac ,Bacardi Rum and Coconut liquor 

You are on the cruise also? Must be exciting. 🛳 🍹

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there!

MJSailors, you are certainly right about the City water affecting the taste of bagels and pizza.  I grew up on Staten Island, and  always had delicious bagels and pizza.  The best!  We moved to NJ four years ago, and tried so many pizza places, but to no avail.  Any time we go back to the Island, our grandsons ask us to pick up a pizza and bring them home.  One of our great Italian restaurants on the Island, Denino's, has opened two restaurants here in NJ, and they have the water shipped to them here.  I can attest to how delicious their pizza is here.  Both restaurants are only a half hour from us in each direction. 

mo&fran, enjoy your cruise!!!!!

Can’t beat New York water!  We get pizza from the Staten Island Deninos as well as Joe and Pats and Jimmy Mack’s!  Joe and Pats is my favorite but they keep making it thinner and thinner.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Renovation Island resumes tonight at 8PM eastern time on H&G channel. This is going to be the closest that I have been to the Bahamas in awhile.

Watching now, love that show.  New season of Below Deck Med starts on the 28th.  Can't wait.  Below Deck sailing yacht sucked.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Watching now, love that show.  New season of Below Deck Med starts on the 28th.  Can't wait.  Below Deck sailing yacht sucked.

We still have the last episode of below deck to watch. It was a train wreck, but the Chef was good this season.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Many thanks. He somehow has to get through the next couple days of school, but he will survive. 

Congratulations to Owen.  Scary how fast they grow up.  I can't believe my oldest is 27.  Where did the time go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We still have the last episode of below deck to watch. It was a train wreck, but the Chef was good this season.  

8 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Big time.

Not looking forward to Captain Hovercraft tho. 

Remember Capt. Mark from a Med season? Why do you think he was a one and done?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Luckynana-

We have had some luck in Florida with some pretty good pizza. Not sure if those places import NYC water to make the pizza dough.

The pizza on Princess Cruises comes close to what we consider good,hometown pizza.

I worked briefly in Manhattan at Lord and Taylor in their customer service department. This was right after college when teaching jobs were scarce in the 70s.  I did enjoy working in the City. Often,I would do some shopping on Fifth Ave before getting the subway home. Needless to say, my paycheck went in a hurry some weeks! 🙄 

George C

I enjoyed my high school years at CK,class of 1970. The school was literally separated into two schools. One was the girls division,the other ,the boys division. We shared the cafeteria,some clubs, the yearly school play and dances. I knew some of the boys from my neighborhood and Richmond Hill and Queens Village. I am still close with six girls from my class. We are more family than friends.Those HS years  were some of the best years in my life- so far!

I have had some really good pizza in Florida in a few locations, agree Princess pizza is really good, but MSC pizza is the best by far. Most of my friends graduated a few years before your class. Not close to high school friends but normally see my friends from my block every year.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Remember Capt. Mark from a Med season? Why do you think he was a one and done?

Yep, remember him.  Wasn't that the season with that total dbag Danny?  Worst season ever, although this current season isn't far behind.  Looks like Captain Sandy is coming back, along with Malia (can't stand her).