Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Small world we live in!!  I loved living in and growing up on the Island.  Living so close to Manhattan was convenient.  The Island has gotten so crowded now.  Traffic had become a nightmare.  Where did you work on the Island?  I loved working in Manhattan years ago.

I was an Asst. Counselor at a Day Camp,the Henry Kaufman Campgrounds .

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

For 10 summers, I attended day camp on Staten Island and daily passed Clove Lake and Silver Lake Parks on Victory Blvd to get to the Henry Kaufman Campgrounds.  Best summers of my life.

@h20skibumLooks like a wonderful day at the car show.  Great to see folks enjoying themselves after being cooped up so long.

Which years were you a camper ? I worked at the camp in the summer of 1959.I still have a list of the staff who worked there for many years.

5 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I've watched them all. I don't remember him. Must not have been too memorable.

I think the boat he was on was the Ionian Princess? He was a rather reserved guy with little personality as I remember him. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We still have the last episode of below deck to watch. It was a train wreck, but the Chef was good this season.  

I agree. I am going to watch the reunion show. Supposed to be a lot of drama including if JL is the father of Dani's baby. Hard to believe that I would get caught up in all this. Looking forward to June 28th for BD Med Season 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Many thanks. He somehow has to get through the next couple days of school, but he will survive. 

Congrats to Owen. It's amazing how fast they grow up. Cherish every moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Remember Capt. Mark from a Med season? Why do you think he was a one and done?

I think I read somewhere that he did not like being on camera and that the show ended up not being his thing. He was kind of a private person from what I remember reading.

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree. I am going to watch the reunion show. Supposed to be a lot of drama including if JL is the father of Dani's baby. Hard to believe that I would get caught up in all this. Looking forward to June 28th for BD Med Season 6.

JL and Dani puke 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was reading on a Bravo gossip site that he agreed he might be the father. He's been working in South America and has been out of the gossip mill for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Which years were you a camper ? I worked at the camp in the summer of 1959.I still have a list of the staff who worked there for many years.

I was there that year!  Did your wife work there too?  I remember two counselors names, Maxine and Aleta.  Maxine's boyfriend was Allan, a counselor. Phil was the supervisor, Marian was the swim lifeguard who always wore a huge straw hat. 

You really keep a lot of old stuff like that, don't you.

6 degrees of separation!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

JL and Dani puke 

I agree. Did you hear the comment that Dani made right before going into the master suite with JL? “It’s God’s will.” She was referring to if she got pregnant or not. No idiot, it’s called protection. 🤮

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I agree. Did you hear the comment that Dani made right before going into the master suite with JL? “It’s God’s will.” She was referring to if she got pregnant or not. No idiot, it’s called protection. 🤮

My husband is addicted to that show.  I can't get into it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My husband is addicted to that show.  I can't get into it.

I had not heard of it until someone mentioned it on here about 3 - 4 months ago. Now I’m watching them all including reruns. 😁 Hubby doesn’t like reality shows. For the most part it’s fun to watch, but sometimes some of them say the most ridiculous and stupid stuff. Can someone really be that stupid or do they get paid extra to say such things? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I had not heard of it until someone mentioned it on here about 3 - 4 months ago. Now I’m watching them all including reruns. 😁 Hubby doesn’t like reality shows. For the most part it’s fun to watch, but sometimes some of them say the most ridiculous and stupid stuff. Can someone really be that stupid or do they get paid extra to say such things? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Maybe a bit of both?

• Like 1

All this talk about various TV shows got me thinking.   The first rental home we were in had a TV, but something was wrong with the Satellite signal...only received in and out picture...but never any audio.  Gave up.  No TV for 2 weeks.

Now...this quaint typical remote seaside cottage further north in Maine...no TV at all.  Though I am happy we have a Stereo to play our soft jazz CDs.  Now has been 3 weeks no TV.  

Guess what?  I don't miss it at all.  😉  No more stressing out with the "bad news" on the the news channels.   I can get weather info on my phone or laptop.....and really never was much on watching a lot of shows on TV.  Movies...yes.  Commercial TV with all the ever increasing ads...no...not at all.  

OK...you can all throw darts at me now.  😄 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

All this talk about various TV shows got me thinking.   The first rental home we were in had a TV, but something was wrong with the Satellite signal...only received in and out picture...but never any audio.  Gave up.  No TV for 2 weeks.

Now...this quaint typical remote seaside cottage further north in Maine...no TV at all.  Though I am happy we have a Stereo to play our soft jazz CDs.  Now has been 3 weeks no TV.  

Guess what?  I don't miss it at all.  😉  No more stressing out with the "bad news" on the the news channels.   I can get weather info on my phone or laptop.....and really never was much on watching a lot of shows on TV.  Movies...yes.  Commercial TV with all the ever increasing ads...no...not at all.  

OK...you can all throw darts at me now.  😄 

I'm not big on TV either - I was always watching sport but the NFL and MLB have gotten too political and stopped watching (my little protest). As you said - not missing much!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

@island lady what if there was no wifi?😁

Will have that situation at rental #4, what we are fondly calling the "Moose Cabin".   As long as I have AT&T cell signal...I have WIFI for my laptop (tethering service I keep for non internet situations).   

The "Moose cabin" is 10 miles from the Canadian border, with their cell signals much stronger along that line.  So I am going to do a 30 day international plan with AT&T...which will give me the signal I need for that month.  

Otherwise...no.   I won't rent a home, or anything, if I can't get WIFI at all.  I am not THAT primitive!  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I'm not big on TV either - I was always watching sport but the NFL and MLB have gotten too political and stopped watching (my little protest). As you said - not missing much!!!!!

I do love watching DVD movies though.  We brought about 30 of them with us...no commercials. 🤗

The soft Jazz CDs for the stereo are the "happy hour" back ground.  😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Will have that situation at rental #4, what we are fondly calling the "Moose Cabin".   As long as I have AT&T cell signal...I have WIFI for my laptop (tethering service I keep for non internet situations).   

The "Moose cabin" is 10 miles from the Canadian border, with their cell signals much stronger along that line.  So I am going to do a 30 day international plan with AT&T...which will give me the signal I need for that month.  

Otherwise...no.   I won't rent a home, or anything, if I can't get WIFI at all.  I am not THAT primitive!  😄 

Check the TV to see if you can attach rabbit ears and add aluminum foil as needed.😏😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I do love watching DVD movies though.  We brought about 30 of them with us...no commercials. 🤗

The soft Jazz CDs for the stereo are the "happy hour" back ground.  😉 

We have several hundred DVD’s , used to have hundreds of Betamax tapes then VHS tapes now It’s dvd. 

• Like 1