Have you received cancellation notices for May or June cruises?

My mailbox is empty as well as my email. My only feedback for the upcoming cruises for RCL would be postponing till better times. Even though I expect cruising get back to wherever its been this summer, you can never be sure under what conditions and under what price it all will be arranged. 5/17 sounds very early to me, but I wont lose hope. Just read about it online. or call RCL.. 

There has been no new cancellations announced since the last batch a couple weeks ago. This includes all cruises scheduled before, it's either May 10 or 11.  I think Alaska is cancelled through June 30 and there might be a few others. It's all available on their web site. They will probably wait until the last minute before anymore cancellations, hopefully a couple of weeks before the new cancellations are scheduled to leave.

4 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

There has been no new cancellations announced since the last batch a couple weeks ago. This includes all cruises scheduled before, it's either May 10 or 11.  I think Alaska is cancelled through June 30 and there might be a few others. It's all available on their web site. They will probably wait until the last minute before anymore cancellations, hopefully a couple of weeks before the new cancellations are scheduled to leave.

Our May 11 sailing was canceled. Currently May 12 sailings are still active.

5 hours ago, chrismch said:

I  have a cruise scheduled 5/17 and so far it's still scheduled. What feedback have you had for upcoming cruises for RCL?

It's been pretty clear that Royal is waiting to the last minute to cancel cruises in hopes that more people cancel on their own and thus don't have to give full refunds. 

• Like 4

I had a drastic total change in itinerary for my June 11th Grandeur nine night NE/Canada cruise from Baltimore....became a Bahamas/Florida cruise.  RCI gave me the option to cancel with refund, keep and get generous OBC, or cancel with 125% FCC.   Not an actual cancellation for June...but I took it as such and cancelled with same results.

Have 5/31 Harmony cruise booked....just waiting for it to be cancelled.  

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

I had a drastic total change in itinerary for my June 11th Grandeur nine night NE/Canada cruise from Baltimore....became a Bahamas/Florida cruise.  RCI gave me the option to cancel with refund, keep and get generous OBC, or cancel with 125% FCC.   Not an actual cancellation for June...but I took it as such and cancelled with same results.

Have 5/31 Harmony cruise booked....just waiting for it to be cancelled.  

I'm waiting for our May 29th to be cancelled and even if it is not I am not sure Dan would be able to get a doctor's note  or if he will be ready to sail with thousands of other folks  He is not as big a fan of cruising as I am to begin with.  This situation did NOT help

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm waiting for our May 29th to be cancelled and even if it is not I am not sure Dan would be able to get a doctor's note  or if he will be ready to sail with thousands of other folks

Definitely a "wait and see" situation for sure.  Bucky won't be 70 until August, just days before our scheduled Radiance B2B.  Hope that is not going to be a problem...if and when (and a big "if" on that one as well) it still goes.  We are spending 2 weeks touring Alaska on our own prior to the cruise.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

It's been pretty clear that Royal is waiting to the last minute to cancel cruises in hopes that more people cancel on their own and thus don't have to give full refunds. 

It’s not clear at all-the last round of cancellations were announced many weeks in advance; and I am sure by now EVERYONE knows not to cancel first-the consumer has the upper hand now 

• Like 4

We have a Mediterranean cruise on May 27 that we expect to be canceled. We will wait on Royal to cancel so we have the option of a refund, which we will probably take. There are to many unknowns at this point. I would rather have the cash and not be tied to a specific cruise line or have to cruise by a specific date with a future cruise credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 4

I want to see how they do social distancing on the boarding. Lol

I dont see governor Abbott here in texas not continuing it into may. But people are mostly upbeat, though I think it was mayor of dallas who said he thinks dallas will peak first or second week in may. He and the governor are in a argument over the beds at the convention center he was replying regarding. This was just sunday night I heard him say first or second week of may. He isnt with the program where other mayors saying next week or two. Might have just been trying to keep the extra beds. Politics. 

I think a may date resuming cruises might be tough.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I want to see how they do social distancing on the boarding. Lol

I dont see governor Abbott here in texas not continuing it into may. But people are mostly upbeat, though I think it was mayor of dallas who said he thinks dallas will peak first or second week in may. He and the governor are in a argument over the beds at the convention center he was replying regarding. This was just sunday night I heard him say first or second week of may. He isnt with the program where other mayors saying next week or two. Might have just been trying to keep the extra beds. Politics. 

I think a may date resuming cruises might be tough.

Abbott is on conference call today.  I look for him to close schools for the rest of the school year.  Apex is projected to peak around May 6.  Then the cases will still take at least 4 weeks to come down to much lower levels.  JMO

4 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

Abbott is on conference call today.  I look for him to close schools for the rest of the school year.  Apex is projected to peak around May 6.  Then the cases will still take at least 4 weeks to come down to much lower levels.  JMO

Abbott just declared all texas parks closed. About time. Keeping walking trails and golf courses open in dallas and then having to use manpower to police makes no sense.

Just now, firefly333 said:

Abbott just declared all texas parks closed. About time. Keeping walking trails and golf courses open in dallas and then having to use manpower to police makes no sense.

Florida closed it's state park campground and day use areas weeks ago.  We were on week #1 of a 2 month tour in the "land yacht"...had to turn around and come home last month.  

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I'm waiting for our May 29th to be cancelled and even if it is not I am not sure Dan would be able to get a doctor's note  or if he will be ready to sail with thousands of other folks  He is not as big a fan of cruising as I am to begin with.  This situation did NOT help

I'm on Dan's side and I love to cruise. Too soon, although a cruise may be my only chance to get a haircut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our May 15th and May 21st sailing on the Adventure had itinerary changes.

We received emails from Royal giving us 3 options.

1. Keep the sailing and receive OBC...$250 for inside/oceanview/balcony or $450 for suites.

(Of course, they may/will cancel this sailings anyway...but it sounds nice.)

2. 125% FCC

3. Full refund

6 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Our May 15th and May 21st sailing on the Adventure had itinerary changes.

We received emails from Royal giving us 3 options.

1. Keep the sailing and receive OBC...$250 for inside/oceanview/balcony or $450 for suites.

(Of course, they may/will cancel this sailings anyway...but it sounds nice.)

2. 125% FCC

3. Full refund

I got that same offer from extreme itinerary change for Grandeur 6/11 NE/Canada cruise out of Baltimore.  I took the 125%.   

Expect to get another cancellation for Harmony soon...will take the cash on back on that one.