Refund Received Today!

A bit of positive news...

We cancelled our June cruise on March 13, before final pay date.  Our refund for deposits to 2 cabins was on my CC today. Also, our prepaid internet package was refunded within a couple of days of cancelling our cruise.

Thank you RCCL for doing what you said you would do and when you set sail again, we will be waiting to board! 

• Like 7

Yeah we also had a bunch more refunds post to my credit card today.  I cancelled one of the cruises March 10 (cruise was supposed to be March 22), and cancelled the other March 21 (Cruise was July 9). 

I'm just waiting on taxes and port fees from one of the cabins on the first cruise, and a soda package from the July cruise.  Otherwise I've received roughly 20 credits to my credit card for those two cruises for various purchases, some cruise planner and some prepaid gratuities, taxes and port fees.

Dan

Thanks for posting this!  I also cancelled a cruise on March 15 (before final payment due date) and was told the refund would take 7-10 business days.  I didn't really believe it but wasn't sure how long to wait.  Now I have a better idea and will use April 19 as a good time to start expecting to see it.

Good luck to everybody!

Thank you for posting.  We got our refunds today as well. (Well, it posted today but it said it was credited back March 26th.) We have been checking every day.

We cancelled 3 cruises on March 8, 2020...so it took about a month.  Thanks Royal.

Our refunds were for our cancelled Allure sailings, May 31, June 7, and June 14.

A bit of bad news.  After adding up the amounts (carefully and a few times...we're old and we have to be careful.) the total was short: $206.72

We'll have to call our TA again....hey, at least we got most of it back.

39 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Thank you for posting.  We got our refunds today as well. (Well, it posted today but it said it was credited back March 26th.) We have been checking every day.

Same here, the refunds showed up today (April 7th), but the transactions were dated back April 1st.

Dan

We cancelled our 15 May AD cruise last week when the offer came out (itinerary change from NE/Canada to Bermuda) but it's still showing on our planner.   Our TA submitted it and I know she did because she sent me what she submitted.  It's in the queue apparently.

4 hours ago, JimVB said:

We cancelled our June 12 Empress of the Seas cruise on March 10 and the refund showed up on our credit card statement on April 1.

I was on this same cruise.  I only canceled a couple of weeks ago, so I will be on the look out for my refund.

Thanks for the heads up.

I cancelled March 12th and have still not received anything. Well, I received FCC but not the refund. I called on Monday and was assured that it is coming soon. 

I cancelled a Celebrity cruise March 23 and refund came on Monday (April 6th).

I have a final payment coming up and I'm forced to cancel because I don't trust they'll refund if they cancel the cruise. So now I'm going to end up with more FCC - ugh!

I think there probably is a difference in payout dates between "I" cancelled  and "RCCL cancelled". As for me RCCL cancelled on the 13th of March for a 14th of March sailing, I filled out their form on the 13th and I still have received absolutely nothing. 

47 minutes ago, rolloman said:

I think there probably is a difference in payout dates between "I" cancelled  and "RCCL cancelled". As for me RCCL cancelled on the 13th of March for a 14th of March sailing, I filled out their form on the 13th and I still have received absolutely nothing. 

Agreed.  I also filled out the form for a refund on March 13 when RCCL cancelled our April 4th sailing.  Nothing so far.  Not even a confirmation email they said would be coming.

I received some of our credit due today.   Had refundable deposits on August 2020 B2B in Europe.  Cancelled on  3/16, well before final  payment.  Received credit card refund for the $500 deposit  for each cruise. However it came in  as:  

$175.76

$ 265.38

$324.24

$ 234.62 

Took some math work, but I found the first and third =$500 and the second and forth =$500. 

Still waiting for 3 others on March - May  that RCCL cancelled.   I took credit card refund for all three. 

M