Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

Mention of the Peoples Palace brings back memories of a bloke I knew who worked for a government department in Newcastle some years ago. When they came to Sydney for work (meeting/conference or the like) they were paid a per diem to cover their expenses, including for driving down & back & their hotel & meals. The bloke was a bit of a character & would get the train & stay at the People's Palace & generally spend as little as he could, and then take home the 'profit'. 

Met a few govt people like that, sleep in the car and pocket the travelling allowance.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

how’s your assessment going,do you think he has psychopathic episodes ? Dreams of Grandeur ??

I'm not reading the posts from this person after yesterday, Chiliburn. As we know, these types thrive on attention. I'm not going to give any narcissistic supply.  

I come here for a bit of relaxation, not to deal with people who need help.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

See the source image

now ould you still want a terminal that close to massive gas storage tanks and caverns

Gas storage tanks are not ammonium nitrate so the new terminal will not be exposed to that sort of “danger” , How about you delve into your vast data bank of knowledge and statistics and tell us mere cruisers how many Fuel storage tanks have exploded in the last, say, ten years as opposed to how many fishing boats have sunk and crew lost. Don’t be too concerned about accuracy( you haven’t in the past) just make them up to suit your cause.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

See the source image

now ould you still want a terminal that close to massive gas storage tanks and caverns

Apparently you're fine with fishermen and people at the beach though. Not sure what the difference is in terms of there being people there.

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Apparently the lives of non cruisers are not as important as cruisers lives, at least I agree there.

NCLM ???............  NIMBY

Edited by gbenjo

13 hours ago, christodan said:

I'm not reading the posts from this person after yesterday, Chiliburn. As we know, these types thrive on attention. I'm not going to give any narcissistic supply.  

So just for curiosity?

A person that hangs around people he has no common interests with and actually hate .

Twists facts around to discredit their interests and slander organisations they are loyal to.

Would you class that as normal?    LOL

14 hours ago, christodan said:

I put that poster on my ignore list a long time ago. There is nothing that he posts that would be of interest to me, just like a blowhard at the pub etc, you just avoid them. You know the type - when they start speaking everybody needs to leave to polish the silverware/mow the lawn/take the dog for a walk etc. Occasionally I see what he posts when someone quotes him - yep nothing missed in not reading his drivel. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So just for curiosity?

A person that hangs around people he has no common interests with and actually hate .

Twists facts around to discredit their interests and slander organisations they are loyal to.

Would you class that as normal?    LOL

You must be new to the internet😏, this is standard operating procedure😜

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, christodan said:

Will do so too. I am not here to be baited. Just ridiculous why he is even here.

I put that particular individual on ignore within about 2 days of starting to frequent the down under board. I never could stand a w anchor

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised that more people haven't blocked the fisherman. And please don't quote the guy then I have to see the ridiculous post, including the tragic pictures from Beirut, which have nothing to do with cruising. 

Many fishermen do troll Les😁

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm actually surprised that more people haven't blocked the fisherman. And please don't quote the guy then I have to see the ridiculous post, including the tragic pictures from Beirut, which have nothing to do with cruising. 

Many fishermen do troll Les😁

I have never blocked anyone. Seems to be no point, now as far as ignoring them goes.... but then I practice that on Mrs Gut.

• Haha 2