Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

7 minutes ago, jknc said:

What’s the time frame from cancellation to getting actual credit on cards? I was told today don’t expect full refund for 90 days. 

Boarded 3/14, got off 3/14.  Requested refund instead of FCC on 3/26 via link in email.   Cc shows it being refunded 4/20.  Might be a unique situation as I've heard longer timeframes. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Boarded 3/14, got off 3/14.  Requested refund instead of FCC on 3/26 via link in email.   Cc shows it being refunded 4/20.  Might be a unique situation as I've heard longer timeframes. 

This is probably a question for another thread, but why did they let everyone board to begin with?

42 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

This is probably a question for another thread, but why did they let everyone board to begin with?

The decision was made because New Zealand closed its ports,  which was made that afternoon,  at least that was what we were told.

Received some of my refunds today finally......

We were on a Quantum 4/17 cruise out of Singapore.  RC cancelled a few of the earlier Quantum sailings first and then on 3/12 cancelled through till end of April.  This was a few days before they did the first wave of mass cancellations of other ships etc..

I paid my final payment by direct deposit as I always do to their AUS acct in Sydney.  Received an email yesterday saying they had that money ready to send to me and asking me to send through my bank account details for the credit or if I had a c/card on file I could do it that way instead - I chose the c/card option.  I already have most refunds coming back via that so just thought it was easier.

TODAY, on my c/card I received all of my cruise planner purchases back.  I cancelled these the day after RC cancelled the cruise.

I also received a refund of the airline cancellation fees charged by Qantas that RC had agreed to pay when they cancelled the cruise.

I gave RC a call because, although I could work out what most of the refunds were, there was one that could have been a couple of things and I wanted to clarify what that amount was for - airline cancellation fee or cruise deposit.

My friend also has a booking (but all booked by me and paid for on my c/card) and I have to know exactly how much to transfer back to her so need to know what's what.

He was very nice and was able to go through it all with me and clarify everything.

He could still see 'pending' - cruise deposit: this was paid on a different card but he could tell me what was coming, it will be 2 separate amounts.

Also waiting on $500 that I paid at end of Feb to upgrade from an inside cabin to a Balcony - in case we got stuck on board! : )

He could see that pending

I received my airline cancellation fees but my friends hasn't come through, he couldn't see it pending so I've resubmitted that paperwork for her.

And, just waiting for the cruise fare to hit my c/card now that I selected that option.  Hopefully that will be quick.

So...pretty relieved about that.  Finally!

We also had another TP booked on Ovation in September from Hon to Syd.  Pretty sure that won't go ahead.  I've only got $300 down as a NRD so will hopefully convert to a FCC if they extend CWC past 1 Sept before final payment due in mid July.

On 3/17 I cancelled cruise planner bookings totalling about $3,000.   I asked him about these.  He could see it there, as in the fact that I cancelled them, but he said he didn't expect that I would receive refunds for that for at least another 2 wks.

I'm not too worried now though, given that I've had some movement on the other refunds I'm sure they'll turn up in due course.

Anyhoo...sorry for long post but just wanted to report back that some refunds have been received thankfully!

I was considering c/card dispute but I don't think it's anywhere near as easy to do that here in Aus as it seems to be in the US.

If RC are actually refunding then I'd prefer to go with that option and it seems like, at least in my case, they are onto it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the best way to deal with this problem is contacting the office directly. I am not sure wether some managers of those cruise companies monitor such a huge community like a cruisecritic (they probably do), but if the final date for the refund has come and things has changed - its better to give them a call or visit their office (if in your place you are allowed to leave home at the moment)

12 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I cancelled two cruises on March 28, one through an online TA and one booked directly through Royal.  Both had deposits only, both sailed in November 2020.  The one through the TA was refunded in four days.  I am still waiting for the other one (26 days later).  

Updated:  I received the second refund today, 27 days after I cancelled the cruise.

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure what to think of the email I received this morning from RCI. We were scheduled to sail on the Mariner on 4/20/20. As soon as it was announced it was cancelled my TA requested a refund for the cruise fare as well as all the cruise planner items I had purchased (UDP and Cocoa Beach Club day passes). I have a copy of the request dated 3/26 with the response ID # from RCI. The email I just received this morning stated that:

“a change has been made to your reservation or guest status” Due to this new “cancelled” status in your reservation, we have cancelled all reservations made using our cruise planner”.

The email goes on to say that all monies will be reimbursed to the original form of payment. Nothing has been posted to my cc, nothing is showing as pending. We haven’t received the cruise fare refund either. The original response from RCI on 3/26 stated that we can expect to see our refund within 30 days from our request date, which would be tomorrow. Hopefully this means we’ll see something soon, and doesn’t mean 30 days from the date of the new email received today.

We were scheduled to sail on the Navigator on April 20, 2020.

Cancelled it on March 14

Got Our FCC on March 30

Got refund on credit card for taxes and cruise planner items on April 23

Disappointed I didn't wait another few days to cancel, and get 125% instead of the 100% I got.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, figment7 said:

For all the people disputing charges, while it may help you get the money removed off the card and not earning interest, you also are creating more work for when the credit card company contacts RCCL and takes a person from processing refunds to figure out if it was a valid charge or not. I know it stinks/sucks waiting for your money to be refunded and it shouldn't be taking this long but you are only lengthening the process either for yourself or for others awaiting refunds. 

It doesn't lengthen the process, the credit card refunds the money within days. At least mine does. 

Great news for us. After applying for the cash refund on April 17 this morning I checked my credit card statement online and saw that Royal is refunding 100% of the cash we laid out for our canceled 5/17 cruise. It's in the "pending" mode but other credits I've received have posted within 48 hours. Yipee!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 12:22 PM, MoniMommy said:

I decided to call one more time before initiating the CC dispute. I was told last week that teh funds has been posted on 4/11. Today I was told that the funds were posted on 4/11 and released to the bank on 4/19. So I learned that posting and releasing are not the same. She also told me that the funds would come back as 2 payments and she told me the amount of each payment. So I am hopeful that I really will get my money.  This is not from a canceled cruised. I put down a deposit on a Sep cruise and I have decided to cancel. IFF cruises are happening in September, I am sure there will be plenty of cabins and I can jump on board and pay a few weeks before sailing. At this point I am not willing to have Royal hold my money. When cruises do resume I will book something close to sailing. 

Update: So, I did receive the refund of my $750 deposit today. Looks like lots of people got their refunds today. Glad I didn't need to do a dispute. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be anxious about a refund but in the case I was afraid they would go bankrupt and I would not get it.  Glad this is over. 

• Like 2

Glad some have received a refund. As for me, I am still waiting for my cruise sail date March 14 full refund. RCCL says they refunded on the 19th of April.... As of today April 24th, Credit Card company says nothing received from them. 

13 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Glad some have received a refund. As for me, I am still waiting for my cruise sail date March 14 full refund. RCCL says they refunded on the 19th of April.... As of today April 24th, Credit Card company says nothing received from them. 

Exactly same situation and dates as you 

I just got off the phone with them and got yet another story.   This rep said one of our reservations was “Disbursed” on 4/19. The other reservation hasn’t been completed   He did provide me with a transaction number for my credit card company to use for their research.

He apologized for the dates I was previously given and explained it is is a 3-step process 

1.  Customer requests cancellation which is then sent to accounting

2 it goes to accounting which takes the most time 

3. Funds are “Disbursed” to original form of payment 

Like you, it’s been 5 business days since it was disbursed.   So now I’m back to calling my credit card again 

Unbelievable nonsense 

Onthewater 51:

Could you please  update as to whether your credit card company tracked down your "disbursed" refund

with the transaction number. I called this afternoon..the rep. said they didn't have a reference number.

Our funds were also disbursed on the 19th....checked with Bank of America, they have not received 

any credits.  Some posters that cancelled after we did, have received their refunds.

9 minutes ago, gdwest said:

Onthewater 51:

Could you please  update as to whether your credit card company tracked down your "disbursed" refund

with the transaction number. I called this afternoon..the rep. said they didn't have a reference number.

Our funds were also disbursed on the 19th....checked with Bank of America, they have not received 

any credits.  Some posters that cancelled after we did, have received their refunds.

I just emailed the ref number this afternoon.  I don’t expect to hear back for a few days.  I’ve been in contact with Chase for this matter via email, not phone.   

but I’ll will come back and post when I hear something.  Maybe by then you will have had better luck.  Crazy isn’t it