Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

Just now, Biker19 said:

The latter and wait till the cruiseline cancels, you don't cancel.

THANK YOU. Not booking any more cruises for some time.  They take your money quickly and return it oh so so so slowly. An Annoyed customer is not a happy camper . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Requested refund on 3/17 for our scheduled and canceled 3/27 cruise. Received refund today, in full. Our cancellation statement was 30 days, but after chatting with RCI on another site, they indicated it is business days, so that is what made the difference. Tomorrow will be 30 business days. 

On 4/26/2020 at 7:15 AM, gone_cruisin said:

So here is where we stand.....

May 3rd Oasis of the Seas

We had to wait until the second round of announcements on March 24th to request the refund.  As soon as RCCL announced the extended cancellations on Facebook, I immediately called RCCL directly to cancel.  Had not received the email yet where you could fill out the form.  Was told on that phone call it would be 7-10 days for the refund.

April 18th, we received our cruise documents via email.  This prompted me to login into RCCL website and noticed that the sailing was still showing under my upcoming cruises.  Confused, I immediately called RCCL to verify if our cancellation request had even been processed.  It took a lot of back and forth between the agent and her supervisor to verify it.  At first, she believed that we had called before RCCL made it official and we were within the penalty phase.  But ultimately after that call, she noted that the request to cancel was still on file and that now it could take up to 60 days to get a refund.

After getting off the phone, I went to RCCL email where they offered requesting the refund via a form.  I submitted the form, but I received a pop up informing me that my reservation had already received a cancelation request.

To date....the cruise is still showing in our profile as an upcoming cruise and I am still receiving emails as if this cruise is sailing.

Anyone else having similar issues?

After RCCL cancelled our May 31 cruise (I think it was April 16th), I immediately used the email link to begin the refund process. When I log in it also appears as an upcoming cruise.

Out of curiosity I also started the online cancellation process again just to see what it would tell me and I also get "The reservation number entered has already been submitted for the Global Suspended Sailings Refund."

So you're not alone.

FWIW, I called on April 12th to cancel our cruise planner items. The rep told me it would take 2-3 weeks and those credits hit my card this past weekend. That was a huge confidence boost for expecting the rest of our refund eventually.

Is there any rhyme or reason to how they are processing refunds?   It seems like I'm hearing people with sail dates beyond mine saying they are seeing money back.

I'm asking because our sail date was 3/15/20 on Liberty.   RCL / CDC cancelled our cruise on 3/13.

On 4/10 received FCC email.

On 4/14, we received email saying our cruise planner purchases were cancelled / refunded but here on 4/27 still no money back to my Credit Card.   No mention of Royal Up refund and none of those dollars back yet.

My travel agent said oh give them time they are working on it.  She also said they are processing the cruise fare refunds first then the cruise planner when cancelling out the room/reservation.   Well, FCC issued 4/10, refund email for cruise planner 4/14, so seems the money is lost somewhere.  What is left for them to cancel out on the reservation?   

I called Royal today and was told something new and disappointing.   I was told it would be 30-45 days from the 4/14 cruise planner cancellation email to receive my money back.   REALLY?   So now, that is basically Royal telling us to wait 60-75 days from sail date for refund of cruise planner items.

Thanks for any insights!!

Royal finally refunded the port fees, taxes and Internet package on 4/24 for our cruise.  Timeline in a nutshell:

March 13 - I cancelled my reservation for a March 30 sailing.
March 30 - Received my FCC vouchers via email.

April 16 - I called Royal to inquire about my refund. CSR said it had been completed on April 7 and to call my bank.

April 16 - Called BOA and they showed nothing in the system regarding a credit from RCI.  Filed a dispute regarding the charges.
April 24 - Credit from RCI shows up in account.  I subsequently phoned BOA to cancel the disputed charges.

Glad to finally have it done.  My biggest complaint with the whole process was being told by the CSR that they had refunded the money and basically it was the bank's issue.  In fact, the  main reason I disputed the charge was because BOA recommended it.  Don't lie to me, just tell me the truth.  I think I would've been more understanding if she blamed it on their IT system.  That would have at least been more believable.

• Like 1

Any lawyers on this treads?

How about starting a class action lawsuit to get our money back quick?

Where is the politicians in all of this?

If you purchased anything in any place and you don't get it you demand your money back right,why 

cruise co should be any deferent?

And by the way no credit card credit I paid cash so we want cash back.

Why people had to wait so long,of course I know why>>>

Anyway that's my 2 cents

Regards

34 minutes ago, juncos said:

If you purchased anything in any place and you don't get it you demand your money back right,why 

Anyway that's my 2 cents

Regards

By the time we filed a suit you'd have your money.   Also some would go to us lawyers as our fee.  Of course I'd like fee!  When you say you paid with cash, who did you actually hand your money to?  Send it via online payment from your checking account?   Might be an issue.   I'm sure you'll get it soon.

We have received everything we were supposed to from our May 10th Cruise.  Refund to credit card, a very nice FCC from problems with our December Anthem Cruise.  Travel Agent finished everything today.  We have September booked for Oasis, don’t expect that to happen, but with all the refunds it turned out to be very inexpensive.  That is how I know it will be cancelled, we will never see a price like it again🥴

We finally received about 75% of our refund. RCCL told my TA that it was released and should be refunded in about 7-10 days.  Took about 30 for the first part.

Patience was waning, but we did rebook for a 2021 cruise.

9 hours ago, Sirlancelot said:

NO REFUNDS OF AIR OR FULLY PAID CRUISE YET - 4 cancelled by Royal. 

Somewhat in a similar position. Voluntarily cancelled a cruise on April 10 that was scheduled for November 2020 out of Spain. The cruise was booked with a refundable deposit. Instead of waiting for a refund, he deposit and all payments were moved to another cruise for 2021.

For beverage packages and flights booked refundable, a refund was quoted as 30-60 days. We received the refund for beverage packages on April 20. As of now, nothing for the flights and it is still showing as an active cruise on Royal’s Cruise Planner. The flights, reserved through Air2Sea, are still showing in the American app as active.

No biggie as long as it’s processed correctly. Royal says we will get a full refund for the flight as it was before final payment on a refundable rate.

Edited by xDisconnections

Still waiting on any sign of a refund on our April 20th cruise....as soon as they put out the notice they were cancelling I used the link to request a refund....I finally called last week & the CSR told me I should have my refund around May 10th...45 days from cancelling...we shall see...

Anyway that's my 2 cents
Regards
Good luck with this

Who did you pay cash to? You would have probably been better off with a credit card.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Still waiting on our cruise fare refund of $9835.90 for April 4th cruise on Brilliance.   Royal cancelled on March 13th; submitted refund request same day.  It's been well over the 30 days they stated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, juncos said:

Anyway that's my 2 cents

Regards

If you paid cash , your depost etc went back to the person you paid the cash to.

I would contact the TA that accepted your cash payment

Do you have the RCCL invoice showing your payment ?

I've been waiting for an email on the FCC for my May 3rd cruise. I called today they indicated it had been processed and I should have received an email, which I didn't. They provided me with the certificate numbers and $ amounts. The taxes, gratuities and protection plan will go back to my credit card, they indicated it was being processed. 

We received our full fare refund today.  Here is our timeline for those still waiting.

Sail Date: April 5th

Cancelled by RC: March 13

Requested Refund: March 14

Processed by RC: March 16

Excursions refunded your credit card: March 20

Full fare refund: April 27

30 business days from the processing date.

Edited by AcidReign
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, C Dog said:

Still waiting on our cruise fare refund of $9835.90 for April 4th cruise on Brilliance.   Royal cancelled on March 13th; submitted refund request same day.  It's been well over the 30 days they stated.

We were supposed to be on the March 30th Brilliance cruise and just saw the final payment portion of our refund show up today.  We requested the refund the day after Royal canceled the cruise.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AcidReign said:

We received our full fare refund today.  Here is our timeline for those still waiting.

Sail Date: April 5th

Cancelled by RC: March 13

Requested Refund: March 14

Processed by RC: March 16

Excursions refunded your credit card: March 20

Full fare refund: April 27

30 business days from the processing date.

How do you know it was processed by RC on March 16th?  Did you call them or did you receive an email or?  

We were supposed to be the March 30th Brilliance cruise.  We submitted our request for a refund the day after Royal canceled.  Our beverage packages were refunded right away.  Today we received our refund with the exception of our deposit. My apologies if this has already been asked, but should we also expect our deposit too? We paid with two different cards, so it could be a bank issue with processing time.  I assumed we would since Royal canceled and not us.  Thanks for your help!  

Our Explorer of the Seas May 27 Sailing was canceled. We replied to the online travel agency email on April 21 requesting a refund and the full refund was credited back to our American Express Card this morning (4/28), so 7 days for us. It sounds like they may now have procedures in place to process them more quickly now.