Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

We received our refund today. We were in the second round of cancellations for our sailing on April 11th. I submitted the survey on March 25th (the day after RCCL made the announcement) and requested a full refund.  It showed up today as four individual items on the credit card - two equal amounts for the deposits and two equal amounts for the cruise fare, taxes, and port charges. It took 30 days from the time I submitted the request. I didn’t reach out to RCCL in that time. I was giving them the 30 days they had indicated and was going to call next week if I hadn't heard anything. I’m glad I didn’t have to. 

We received the email regarding the cancellation of the cruise planner items on April 10th. This was only our My Time Dining reservations as I had cancelled our excursions and drinks before they cancelled our cruise. 

I hope the refund and FCCs start coming quicker for everyone else. 

Edited by monorail81
Forgot something about when we received an email.

28 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

We received our refund today. We were in the second round of cancellations for our sailing on April 11th. I submitted the survey on March 25th (the day after RCCL made the announcement) and requested a full refund.  It showed up today as four individual items on the credit card - two equal amounts for the deposits and two equal amounts for the cruise fare, taxes, and port charges. It took 30 days from the time I submitted the request. I didn’t reach out to RCCL in that time. I was giving them the 30 days they had indicated and was going to call next week if I hadn't heard anything. I’m glad I didn’t have to. 

We received the email regarding the cancellation of the cruise planner items on April 10th. This was only our My Time Dining reservations as I had cancelled our excursions and drinks before they cancelled our cruise. 

I hope the refund and FCCs start coming quicker for everyone else. 

And my husband just told me that the official posting date on the credit card statement is the April 19th everyone is being told by Royal.  It did not show until this morning. We have been checking the account several times a day every day since we requested the refund. 

On 4/15/2020 at 7:44 AM, island284 said:

Cancelled 2 November cruises (deposits only) in early March. One deposit came through last week. Called about the other one and was told there was a glitch on their end. Will reissue it in 30+ days. 

Cancelled March paid in full cruise for the refund. Haven’t seen a refund as of yet. Trying to be patient but my bank account is hungry. 

We cancelled a Dec.2020 cruise yesterday.Our TA said it could take up to 90 days to get a refund from Royal.

We cancelled our May 7th cruise which was cancelled on 3/24/20.

We filled in the online Refund Request through Royal Caribbean's link.  On the last page of the wizard, it stated that the request is acknowledged and we would get our refund in 30 days.

We asked our travel  to call Royal Caribbean for us to check on the status.  Royal said there was no record of the refund request!!! I had printed out the last page of the wizard where it said the request had been received but there is no date on that page or confirmation number.   So now, the "clock" has started again with yesterday's date!!!

Not happy.

We got a refund early this morning for our June Alaska cruise that Royal cancelled in the second round. Came in four payments for the down payment and cruise plus taxes and fees.  Nothing back on cruise planner items for that cruise yet. 

We are still waiting on refund for our April Anthem cruise Royal cancelled in the first round.  Our TA says Royal tells them those are taking longer, since the system shows them in full penalty phase, and they have to back those out manually.  At least that is the story they are sticking to.  

Glad to see something coming back. 

• Like 1

Echoing some of the frustration - we canceled our 3/19 Grandeur cruise around the 13th (BEFORE the cruise line canceled it and everything else). Ever since, my TA has indicated she calls them, etc. and just can't get anywhere (?)  This has gone on now for over a month. I even have no idea if I'm being issued a refund or FCC. I think I'll call them myself just to make a little noise although I suspect they won't deal much with me being that the cruise was booked through my AAA agent. Here's another thing: I rebooked the canceled cruise for next year, and have not even gotten any confirmation of that as being transferred over to AAA. I booked it on the website, and then was told I needed to file some sort of 'transfer form" to change it over to my TA. That was also weeks ago - nothing further on that either. Can hardly wait to see how screwed up cruising will be once they start back up with (likely) all sorts of new policies and regulations. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

3 hours ago, ping1 said:

Royal said there was no record of the refund request!!!

This is what I'm starting to think may have happened with me. Problem is, I have no paper trail. My agent made the cancellation (by phone I imagine). Latest word is that my agent referred the situation to the "Business Development Manager" at AAA to see if something can be moved along on this. Doesn't sound entirely encouraging.

RCL sure didn't waste any time processing my $500 deposit on the rebooked cruise though   😏

Edited by OnTheJourney

Our March 29 cruise got canceled on March 13....the 1st round....

I canceled our cruise planner purchases right when the announcement was made on March 13. Received those funds on March 20. 

Got our FCC on April 10th....

Still waiting for the port fees and taxes. Booked Go Port package with hotel stay for the night before, still waiting.

I know there's a lot out there they are waiting for settlement, but my gosh. What a crazy time. 

• Like 1

I wonder if how you requested the refund has anything to do with timing. We made the refund request via the link in the email from Royal on 3/26.  Had a TA but did it myself.  It looks like it posted on 4/20.  Entire amount due was refunded. 

nj....good point. I truly have no idea how the request was even made and in retrospect probably should have done it myself as you say. Was going to but then figured I'd let the agent handle it since she volunteered to do so. Can't help but wonder now, however,  if it actually even got through to RCL - despite whatever she may have done. Beginning to wonder, for that matter, if either concern was put in motion - the refund / FCC as well as transferring over the rebooked cruise to AAA. Seems weird to not have heard anything on both issues. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

Logged into my banking app, and saw a daily snapshot headline  “You have received money from Royal Caribbean”. 😀

Canceled a cruise on 3/17 with fully refundable deposits for party of 3.   Made only one follow-up call on April 15;  Rep told me it had been posted on April 8 (and explained posted meant internal refund request posted and Accounting had it,) - and said to expect within 3 weeks from the April 8 date.    

received 2 deposits today, that equaled the $750 owed.   Very thankful and happy!

• Like 1

Had a 4/12 sailing 2 staterooms booked through Costco. Requested refund via Costco 3/26 and have their cancellation email. I have received an email about our excursions being cancelled but no refund yet for excursions or staterooms.

However I just received a refund for the onboard credit gift I bought for the sailing.

Hoping the rest of the ~$4k I paid comes though soon. Probably will not book again with Costco, don’t think there was any advantage and hoping it doesn’t turn into a disadvantage...

Well, I have an interesting refund posted today. Wondering if anyone can make sense of this. 

Cruise cancelled for 3/14, I requested refund about 10 days later. Posted today but dated 4/19 on my cc was the entire amount of final payment but not the $750 initial deposit. Two other credits for $27.14 and $27.43. I had no purchases. So, I’m still short just under $700. 

has anyone else had anything like this show up or not gotten initial deposit back with rest of refund?

Edited by rhiannon35

Our March 15th cruise on the Freedom part of a b2b, was cancelled as we were returning to San Juan, the evening of the 14th and I have received a refund on 2 excursions, 2 weeks ago but nothing else. My daughter hasn't received anything yet. My TA put in for the Refund on the 18th the morning after returning home