Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

28 minutes ago, toddnmargo said:

We were supposed to be the March 30th Brilliance cruise.  We submitted our request for a refund the day after Royal canceled.  Our beverage packages were refunded right away.  Today we received our refund with the exception of our deposit. My apologies if this has already been asked, but should we also expect our deposit too? We paid with two different cards, so it could be a bank issue with processing time.  I assumed we would since Royal canceled and not us.  Thanks for your help!  

Yes you should be getting your deposit refunded on a RCL cancelled cruise. 

32 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

How do you know it was processed by RC on March 16th?  Did you call them or did you receive an email or?  

I called RC and they were able tell me the date they received the refund request and the date it was processed by RC.  Then they told me it would be 30 business days from the “processed” date-which was the 27th-exactly when I received the refund.  They could really avoid all of this if they would just simply send some emails.  

29 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Our Explorer of the Seas May 27 Sailing was canceled. We replied to the online travel agency email on April 21 requesting a refund and the full refund was credited back to our American Express Card this morning (4/28), so 7 days for us. It sounds like they may now have procedures in place to process them more quickly now.

Dang that's fast, I cancelled on April 16th and nothing yet, but congrats! I am not expecting it until 45 days so anything inside of that is bonus! 

12 minutes ago, AcidReign said:

I called RC and they were able tell me the date they received the refund request and the date it was processed by RC.  Then they told me it would be 30 business days from the “processed” date-which was the 27th-exactly when I received the refund.  They could really avoid all of this if they would just simply send some emails.  

I agree, if they would send an email it would cut down on the phone calls.  I find the 30 business days interesting.  They are open 7 days a week for people to book cruises and take deposits but when it comes to refunds they go by 5 days a week which ends up being 45 calendar days. Reading all the posts about refunds there is no clear method to the madness.

Dang that's fast, I cancelled on April 16th and nothing yet, but congrats! I am not expecting it until 45 days so anything inside of that is bonus! 

I was extremely surprised. I was told 45 days and that may actually be calculated from the date the cruise was scheduled, not the day the refund was requested.

Now if I can just get British Airways to cooperate on refunding our flights. They canceled our flights to Rome, but are refusing a refund currently because they haven’t officially canceled our return flights from Rome. How do they expect us to take the return flights if the canceled the flights to get there?

I cancelled our cruise for 12/5/20, and was told that the deposit refund would take up to 6 weeks.  Not happy news, but I just put a reminder to look for it the end of May.

I go online and sort my credit card transactions by lowest to highest amount, because the payments and credits show up at the top of the list.  I was looking to see if another credit came through and was shocked to see the deposit refund was already there, and it had only been about 3-4 days.

I wonder if the Big Box TA I use said something to them when they called in the cancellation?  

Personally, I don't think the priority should be by C&A member level, but the date RCCL received the money: FIFO. 

I actually felt bad I got my refund before people who have been waiting longer.

Edited by pcur

The 30 day mark that was listed on the email from RCI has come and gone, and still no refund on anything for us. I finally called today, spoke to a very nice CSR, but the only thing she could tell me was that it will be longer than 30 days, and closer to 45 days. So,

Refund requested on 3/26 and received a response id stating refund within 30 days

Nothing received so far, now being told 45 days.

😐

9 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

The 30 day mark that was listed on the email from RCI has come and gone, and still no refund on anything for us. I finally called today, spoke to a very nice CSR, but the only thing she could tell me was that it will be longer than 30 days, and closer to 45 days. So,

Refund requested on 3/26 and received a response id stating refund within 30 days

Nothing received so far, now being told 45 days.

😐

45 calendar days = 30 business days.  The cruise lines are now using business days as their excuse to delay refunds. I'm in the same situation as I requested a refund from RCI on March 25th.

Just heard from my TA today that she filed a 'request to transfer cruise' (to the agency rather than being in my name) for the THIRD time. No idea what happened the first two tries. Not sure if I already updated that we will be getting FCC instead of refund. I canceled (like one day!) before RCL did. The FCC is divided up into two segments - roughly 64% / 36% between us. Our agent has the vouchers - so at least now I know in what form we're getting money back. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Just heard from my TA today that she filed a 'request to transfer cruise' (to the agency rather than being in my name) for the THIRD time. No idea what happened the first two tries. Not sure if I already updated that we will be getting FCC instead of refund. I canceled (like one day!) before RCL did. The FCC is divided up into two segments - roughly 64% / 36% between us. Our agent has the vouchers - so at least now I know in what form we're getting money back. 

Did you file the form?  Thought request had to come from passenger.  

8 hours ago, arsenic74 said:

Been over 30 days for me, like many others. Can I charge RCI for the finance charges that have accrued on my credit card?

One would assume a person paid for their cruise already, and any balance on your card is for other purchases. If you’re worried that you need to leave a balance on your card in order to receive the refund, you don’t. The credit card company will just cut you a check for anything that takes you below a $0 balance.

9 hours ago, toddnmargo said:

We were supposed to be the March 30th Brilliance cruise.  We submitted our request for a refund the day after Royal canceled.  Our beverage packages were refunded right away.  Today we received our refund with the exception of our deposit. My apologies if this has already been asked, but should we also expect our deposit too? We paid with two different cards, so it could be a bank issue with processing time.  I assumed we would since Royal canceled and not us.  Thanks for your help!  

I’m in the same boat. Got all back but my deposit this past Sat. for 3/14 canceled cruise. Both payments were on same cc. 
And, yes, of course we are entitled to our deposit back. I am going to have to call tomorrow. Our cruise was canceled the night before we were to embark. We were already in Miami. Our flights were paid for and I then had to pay for hotel for the week. I’d like my money back to cover these costs. 

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Did you file the form?  Thought request had to come from passenger.  

That is also my understanding. they go to the passenger and the passenger is free to use it anywhere. 

it DOESN'T have to go to the original TA

On 4/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, ablodget2 said:

Canceled a March 16th cruise on March 10th.  Called April 8.  Rep said refund was issued on April 5 and I should expect it to appear in my bank by Friday April 10.   Nothing yet.

I had the same thing told to me but it’s not there because I called the follow day and and was told not until the end of May now because it was canceled for Sailings  April 12 ,well before That ...I just feel that they are giving me a run around, the first guy told me that it was issued and would be showing up soon,and that if it’s not showing then it’s the banks fault not ours

29 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

A lot of new names in this thread since I started it .

Are all the posters over the last 2 days booked on the May 2nd Brilliance TA cruise ?

Sorry for some reason I posted in the wrong group

This explains all the names I haven't seen SORRY

On 4/17/2020 at 1:55 PM, steveru621 said:

A non-delivery dispute clock starts the day of the cruise.  Payment dates will not influence your dispute.

That said you do have a point for the future.

This may sound stupid but if you don’t make that last payment what does the cruise line do?

12 hours ago, John kupfer said:

Royal is receiving $250mm loan from a German Pension fund.

Like many homeowners with a mortgage, they stopped making payments on their loans (on ships built in Germany) - they didn't get a new loan.

• Thanks 1