Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

13 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Need to read all the words in the anecdotal story shared......woman TOOK THE CRUISE.....then filed a CC dispute.  I would ban her arse too.  

Took cruise, and got an FCC

To add some experiences: I'm waiting on $3,400 for cruises only, and way past the 'promised' 30 days. I think Royal cruises are great and I have completed 62 cruises with them but I'm not going to join those who are patient or those who are (rightly) annoyed. I'm just disappointed, not because of my loyalty or because I should be treated better than others. 

My flights were with Jet2 (UK) and I've already received refunds. This company contacted me by email then telephone, offered me a credit or refund - 4 days later money back on my card. This is a big airline with plenty of flights and customers, surely Royal could show a bit more decency and adopt their methods?

• Like 5

The original cancellation said 30 days, now the website says 45 days.  From people who have actually called in RC isn't even processing the refunds till the original cruise date and then they are saying 60-90 days AFTER that...

I get that they are hurting but hanging on to over $14K they've had for over a year isn't the best way to get me to rebook in the future.

I did find the same itinerary as the one I was supposed to go on today at the same price but not till Nov 2021.  The 2022 rates are about double what I paid so no joy there...

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, MJDMV said:

This is a big airline with plenty of flights and customers, surely Royal could show a bit more decency and adopt their methods?

It's been pretty obvious over the years that RCI is not interested in investing in their IT or back end systems to make life easier/better/nicer/faster for customers. 

So, which is worse, RCI has such an antiquated system and lack of personnel that it slows refunds during a unique situation like this or they are purposely holding up the money (or a combination of the two)?

BTW, looking at their land based careers page: https://jobs.rclcareers.com/ I don't see any opening in any field.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

I am waiting for the return of a deposit. Thats probably just one bucket.  Still haven't seen a refund.

Hi,

I hope my bucket isn't labelled "TRASH", or "DREAMERS", or "FORGET ABOUT IT"

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Wait and don't mention TAs in the future.

Speaking of TAs, the online refund form allows you to input your information and request a refund even if the cruise was booked through a TA.  Is the refund request effective or must you go through your TA even if the online refund request process does not require that?

Still waiting on an FCC that was supposed to be issued 7-10 days from the date I canceled on March 13.  This was hours before the official cruise suspensions, but the initial round of cancellations did not include my late April cruise.  The 2nd wave of cancellations did include it, however.  I'm approaching the 45 day mark of the "new" promised date, so hopefully will see an email soon.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It's been pretty obvious over the years that RCI is not interested in investing in their IT or back end systems to make life easier/better/nicer/faster for customers. 

So, which is worse, RCI has such an antiquated system and lack of personnel that it slows refunds during a unique situation like this or they are purposely holding up the money (or a combination of the two)?

BTW, looking at their land based careers page: https://jobs.rclcareers.com/ I don't see any opening in any field.

You are definitely throwing a lot of lifelines out there for Royal.... so far I see...lots of buckets to sort, antiquated system. Please, it is none of that...its real simple...they need cash on hand, they need to report 1st quarter earnings with cash on hand, they need to borrow funds with cash on hand. However, no matter how you want to spin it....the fact they have broken off communications with those who have not received their refund and are well past the  "within 30 days"  this now becomes theft. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

You are definitely throwing a lot of lifelines out there for Royal.

No lifeline - you either think their systems/staff are the issue with the speed of refunds or they are doing this purposely, or as you put it, they are thieves. I didn't say one way or the other, only that's the two explanations. Which one you want to believe is up to you.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No lifeline - you either think their systems/staff are the issue with the speed of refunds or they are doing this purposely, or as you put it, they are thieves. I didn't say one way or the other, only that's the two explanations. Which one you want to believe is up to you.

What do you believe? Personally I think it is illogical for someone to think Royal Caribbean is trying their very best to get refunds sent out…. lets just be real here...it is not happening. Royal Caribbean is in survival mode and they are using once loyal customers as pawns in a chess game. There is no other explanation from them for this tactic....and once again...they themselves are not explaining their actions. So....again...I am not sitting here thinking of excuses for Royal Caribbean and posting them on a message board.  Rather, I am sitting here thinking of folks whose cruise was cancelled, then lost their jobs, told the refunds will be within 30 days, took Royal for their word, adjusted their bills accordingly and then were SLAPPED in the face.  At a minimum, we need a written or verbal statement from the company apologizing and outlining their real plans. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, adidas5676 said:

Still waiting on an FCC that was supposed to be issued 7-10 days from the date I canceled on March 13.  This was hours before the official cruise suspensions, but the initial round of cancellations did not include my late April cruise.  The 2nd wave of cancellations did include it, however.  I'm approaching the 45 day mark of the "new" promised date, so hopefully will see an email soon.

We cancelled the day after you, 3/14, and also still nothing 

We also cancelled that same day, $3000 in DisneyWorld tickets for a family reunion.    Three days later it I was already on my credit card.   Kudos to Disney in my book

While  some say the cruise lines are overwhelmed and understaffed, and I’m sure they are, I know if I called right now to book a cruise someone would pick and up that charge would appear on my card within the hour 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, marci22 said:

'banned from royal caribbean for complaining too much'

I don;t remember who that was but I know of a man that got banned for double dipping back when they were giving OBC for booking 6 months out.  Forgot how that worked

Edit  Googled and found a couple banned in 2008 for complaining too much  Don' know if they were on here

Edited by molly361

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

What do you believe? Personally I think it is illogical for someone to think Royal Caribbean is trying their very best to get refunds sent out…. lets just be real here...it is not happening.

CC reporting does not even come close to giving a complete picture of what's going on with refunds - you can't base something on a few % of the cruising customers. RCI could very well be slow rolling the refunds, but I do believe some of it is also due to the way their systems are designed to be slow. It might be better to be up front like NCL and tell folks don't expect anything for 90 days, but RCI is not known for transparency.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

CC reporting does not even come close to giving a complete picture of what's going on with refunds - you can't base something on a few % of the cruising customers. RCI could very well be slow rolling the refunds, but I do believe some of it is also due to the way their systems are designed to be slow. It might be better to be up front like NCL and tell folks don't expect anything for 90 days, but RCI is not known for transparency.

There seems to be a refusal to accept/acknowledge the lack of communication from the company....there also seems to be a refusal to accept/acknowledge those here who have been waiting and posting for several weeks now who have not received a refund and are within the promised boundaries originally stated from the company. I am sure many more (other than me) are annoyed by this refusal, hence the amount of likes I am getting on my posts versus the amount of likes the nothing to see here gang seems to be getting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, onthewater51 said:

We also cancelled that same day, $3000 in DisneyWorld tickets for a family reunion.    Three days later it I was already on my credit card.   Kudos to Disney in my book

I just checked out the Disney Cruise board. There is only one thread about refunds and they seem to be refunding without any delays or issues.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2