🤔What's the fate of the 2020 Fall TA schedule?🤷‍♂️

My version has a lot less castle and a lot more trees, snow, sky and mountains.  Do you realize how difficult it is to find a decent Ravensburger puzzle in the age of COVID19?  I bought two from Ebay.  There were none for sale on Amazon. If I finish this one I have a 1000 piece of Chambord chateau.  

I have banned Gentle Giant from my playlists, as I know that with shelter in place will lead to my premature death.

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Jewel is supposed to sail from Rome to Galveston on Nov 26. She's been moved before, I should have sailed her thru the Suez on this date.

Actually the Jewel is on anchorage near Piraeus in the Aegean Sea. So she´s in the Med.

steamboats

At least I am re-living a number of past cruises.  Scanning and organizing photos.  Does bring back good memories.  I hope that Allure can do TA as scheduled.  Still concerned about potential quarantine at either end of the cruise.  I hope this gets much clearer before final payment! 

• Like 2

We are booked on the Explorer TA Rome to Miami in November, leaving Oct 31 for Venice to visit Venice and Rome. The math does not look good for it to happen as planned or at all. We took advantage of the price drops to move to a balcony (just in case we get trapped).

Although I love to plan, I try to hold onto the philosophy that when things don't go as planned it's the universe presenting you with opportunities you had never imagined.

If our cruise gets cancelled, and they make an exception and credit back our Air Miles to a new flight, it would make this cruise the best performing investment in my portfolio this year. If our cruise ends up being completely different and they offer FCC to stay on the alternate cruise, that's a bonus.

For us, on the spectrum of "how good it could be" to "how bad it could be", some random cruise to somewhere I hadn't planned on doesn't really move the needle. Your mileage may vary. My heart goes out to all of those around the world who lives have been truly devastated by this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TechPotato said:

If our cruise gets cancelled, and they make an exception and credit back our Air Miles to a new flight, it would make this cruise the best performing investment in my portfolio this year. If our cruise ends up being completely different and they offer FCC to stay on the alternate cruise, that's a bonus.

Delta credited back our Sky Miles for our flights to Houston at the end of the month. Also got a refund of the $11 in fees. I haven't gotten back the insurance I took out. I'm fine with that I guess

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That would be very helpful 

Can you send to 

J m durland at msn dot com

Sent you day 1, let me know if you got it and can you work with the format. L454S@eatel.net

Edited by L454S

We’re booked on Explorer from Rome in October and have 5 private tours booked; a couple are paid for with deposits on others.  Just in case it gets canceled, we booked refundable deposit B2B cruises on Princess in Sept 2021.  Our biggest issue is that we booked AirCanada to and from Rome and their current policy is that if you have to cancel, you have to  use your fare by mid-April, 2021.  We live in the Chicago area and never fly on AirCanada except to Europe.  Anyone have experience with them?  Are they flexible?  I really can’t afford to lose the $1700 pp airfare.

On 4/16/2020 at 12:19 PM, barjoe said:

We hope we can still cruise again

Both over 70 and some health issues that need a dr's ok

Have  3 cruise to do this year, local one out of Boston, and the a B2B on Explorer.

and 3 next year. 

Had to cancel the Brilliance TA took a FFC hope not going to be a loss.

Barb

What if a 45 year old with one or more underlying conditions sails on RCI and while on the cruise suffers some medical emergency due his underlying condition?  RCI would not have a "safe to travel" document since it would not be required because of his age.  There are plenty of us 70+ years of age in better physical shape then much younger cruisers.  If RCI keeps this age/health restriction, they might as well stop sailings that are10+ nights or more in length.  Most younger and still working cruisers won't be able to take 10 days (or more time) off.

9 minutes ago, adjoankora said:

What if a 45 year old with one or more underlying conditions sails on RCI and while on the cruise suffers some medical emergency due his underlying condition?  RCI would not have a "safe to travel" document since it would not be required because of his age.  There are plenty of us 70+ years of age in better physical shape then much younger cruisers.  If RCI keeps this age/health restriction, they might as well stop sailings that are10+ nights or more in length.  Most younger and still working cruisers won't be able to take 10 days (or more time) off.

That is a definite possibility for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

@John&LaLa, I noticed your comment in Post #38 about your insurance . . . I've been able to request extension of the policies I've purchased so they can be used for a future trip.  The most recent cancelled cruise (NCL Bliss Panama Canal) was covered under a Travelex policy; they (Travelex) granted me a one-time date extension on the policy.  It will cover a future trip up until April 2021, and if the amount I need to protect is lower, they will (supposedly) issue me a refund on the premium. I don't know if that will help, but maybe . . .

4 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

@John&LaLa, I noticed your comment in Post #38 about your insurance . . . I've been able to request extension of the policies I've purchased so they can be used for a future trip.  The most recent cancelled cruise (NCL Bliss Panama Canal) was covered under a Travelex policy; they (Travelex) granted me a one-time date extension on the policy.  It will cover a future trip up until April 2021, and if the amount I need to protect is lower, they will (supposedly) issue me a refund on the premium. I don't know if that will help, but maybe . . .

This was a policy insuring my Delta tickets into Houston Hobby. Not really cruise related.

I was mainly concerned about fog in Galveston delaying my departure that morning.

Thanks for the advice, though

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Browing the internet today and came across this website with some information regarding europe shutdown and the tourist season.    https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/some-schengen-countries-are-extending-internal-border-controls-to-years-end/

Based on the current info posted on this website it does not sound like european cruises will happen this summer; therefore, TA's most likely won't happen except for maybe the Jewel which is already in the med and scheduled to return to do caribbean cruises starting November or December.    

I am booked for a b2b for Baltic and Norwegian fjords for August on the Jewel with final payment due beginning of May, highly doubt it will happen.   Really a shame since I did not see similar itinerary for 2021.

Sorry everyone but not looking like travel to Europe will be an option this summer or fall.