🤔What's the fate of the 2020 Fall TA schedule?🤷‍♂️

Add Sweden to the list of countries not expecting tourism in the summer. 

PM states the he does not expect domestic or international tourism to be able to take place in the summer months. That is another country pushing all tourism to October at the earliest. 

According to Prime Minister Stefan Löfven, it can be difficult to make trips this summer because of the corona crisis - both foreign and domestic.  (google translate) 

https://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/stefan-lofven-osannolikt-att-det-gar-att-resa-i-sommar/

4 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Been going with 11am here since quarantine started! 

the difference between professionals and talented amateurs.  

I played golf today.  We can have carts again, no death march up and down hills walking.

yeah!

jc

• Like 2

On 4/20/2020 at 4:23 PM, xpcdoojk said:

Even better is the DW, has spent maybe 30 minutes total working on the castle in the middle.  So, usually we are 1 to 3 rooms apart.  Not sure she has the patience required.  And it was her idea.

JC

Pardon my cynicism, but it sounds like she was trying to find a project to assign to you … and it worked.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

Pardon my cynicism, but it sounds like she was trying to find a project to assign to you … and it worked.

She has real projects that she assigns me all of the time.  She who must be obeyed, would not assign a frivolous task to me.  I think it was the CBS Sunday morning show a few weeks ago, that made her think it would be fun.

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

The Explorer is the Med now 

but with the possible of no Americans allowed in the EU , 

it is probably not worth it to do any cruises there , or even sail the TA without American passengers 

After the drydock  do you think they just bring it back to the Caribbean and wait it out until November 20 ? 

6 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

After the drydock  do you think they just bring it back to the Caribbean and wait it out until November 20 ? 

Unlikely RCI will do anything more than simply keep at its current pace - status quo (meaning ship stays wherever it is) until they announce something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s my understanding that Celebrity Apex TA October 22 will sail without passengers. I suspect Allure TA will do the same. 

Probably Mid September. 

M8

Realise this not Celebrity board but out of interest when and where to was the inaugural Apex sailing moved to? 

49 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

Realise this not Celebrity board but out of interest when and where to was the inaugural Apex sailing moved to? 

I only mentioned Celebrity Apex as it was due to sail TA from Barcelona two weeks before Allure. No clue about the other Apex sailings. 

This is on Perry Grants FB Page today 

Am very sorry to announce that i received word from my agent today that my Anthem contract with Royal Caribbean has been cancelled.
It had been moved to Aug 2nd but now they have even stopped cruises in Sept.For those who have booked cruises to see me ,especially the Trans-Atlantic which many booked please check with your Travel Agent or RC.
Best wishes to all ...love Perry

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I am so glad they canceld the Oktoberfest - and yes it is one of the biggest Volksfest- very early- they had to- the plans and such are starting in the spring!

The country´s biggest sport - soccer- Fussball- is still reduced to ghostplays- without any fans allowed in the stadiums and rightly so.

Also our chritsmas markets become rather different this year- they are no canceled alltogether but are strewn all ove the citiy´s - to avoid massed of people standing almost " bumper at bumper"!

Edited by Germancruiser