More Cancellations Imminent?

Sleeptastic

37 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Anyone care to explain what the last 4 posts are about? Its like being in a playground with 4 year olds!

I would like to explain, but I am as flummoxed as you. It would appear that mercury thinks anybody looking forward to cruising is a " mole " which I assume means in P&O's pocket. I agree with you , childlike.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Anyone care to explain what the last 4 posts are about? Its like being in a playground with 4 year olds!

Posts 183/184 refer but I would suggest you don't bother and just ignore any junk posts like these from mercury 7284. I block them. Good night and sleep well.

• Like 1

Our 10 day cruise with MSC on Oct 4th from Barcelona hasn't been cancelled but they have a scheme where you can reschedule at no extra cost.We rebooked a like for like on Oct 8th next year on their newest ship.The big bonus is that the balance has now been deferred till July 6th 2021.So far only 200 quid deposit.

On 6/12/2020 at 11:18 PM, wowzz said:

First of all, Iona can't operate in the Caribbean...

I wasn't suggesting that Iona would be going to the Caribbean - in fact I argued against that in another thread due to lack of LNG facilities there.

I personally am doubtful of a big resumption in October and was only responding to Jean's post. With regard to long-distance/worldwide cruising, as I have previously stated,I am doubtful about Arcadia's worldie next year, which is pertinent as I am currently booked on a sector of it...

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Our 10 day cruise with MSC on Oct 4th from Barcelona hasn't been cancelled but they have a scheme where you can reschedule at no extra cost.We rebooked a like for like on Oct 8th next year on their newest ship.The big bonus is that the balance has now been deferred till July 6th 2021.So far only 200 quid deposit.

We had a very good deal for our MSC cruise in September in a balcony cabin.We are hoping it will be cancelled before the balance is due as if we transfer to the same cruise next year we could only get an inside cabin for the price we paid for our balcony cabin.

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We had a very good deal for our MSC cruise in September in a balcony cabin.We are hoping it will be cancelled before the balance is due as if we transfer to the same cruise next year we could only get an inside cabin for the price we paid for our balcony cabin.

Ours was only a few quid more.It is on the Virtuosa which isn't built yet,lol.Cabins were nearly sold out apparently.

Taking a different slant on this thread rather than when the next batch of cruises will be cancelled when do other think the first P&O cruise out of Southampton will be ?

I think it will be Azura TA to Caribbean on 16th October 2020. I'd be interested to hear what others think.

3 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Taking a different slant on this thread rather than when the next batch of cruises will be cancelled when do other think the first P&O cruise out of Southampton will be ?

I think it will be Azura TA to Caribbean on 16th October 2020. I'd be interested to hear what others think.

I think I might risk a fiver on that as well, unless she still has her refit to complete.

8 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Only if P&O are confident that flights will be available to return the pax to the UK at the end of the cruise. 

Can't say I'd look forward to a 9 hour flight back, wearing a face mask for the entire flight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Only if P&O are confident that flights will be available to return the pax to the UK at the end of the cruise. 

Can't say I'd look forward to a 9 hour flight back, wearing a face mask for the entire flight.

Overnight flight, so not too bad , just try and sleep,but how do you eat your breakfast with a mask on?

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Overnight flight, so not too bad , just try and sleep,but how do you eat your breakfast with a mask on?

Forget about breakfast, how do you get a wink of sleep - surrounded by a plane-load of masked men 😩

33 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Unless the rules change, you won't be given any food during the flight. You'll have to raid the buffet before leaving the ship.

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Unless the rules change, you won't be given any food during the flight. You'll have to raid the buffet before leaving the ship.

Those rules only apply to short flights, they are still serving breakfasts on transatlantic flights, of course no idea what the new charter arrangements will be until they start.

I think the TA to Caribbean October have a realistic chance of sailing. Most islands opeming back up by start of August and UK look like lifting 14 day quarantine very soon which was a disaster anyway. I beiieve P&O have chosen a sensible date in which they can work towards and get everything in place. I don't think all ships will start back but the transatlantic ones I do think will be first. They'll need to retrain staff, modify ships etc to be ready for that start and giving themselves 4 months is realistic. Previously they halted cruises for 6 weeks to mid May and then another 6 weeks to end June. This time they halted them for 4 months and cruise lines are working closely with all the authorities on a daily basis to return safely. I do think we will see lots of extra checks before boarding, spa and gym facilities shut on board and reduced capacity but it will be very much trial and error.

I do like to think that October is achievable.  

Also, I've noticed that on the current schedule, Oceana's first post pause cruise is at the end of October fly cruising from Dubai.  It will be interesting to see whether PandO squeeze in a re-positioning cruise for her.  Would be happy to give that a go, for the right price.

32 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I do like to think that October is achievable.  

Also, I've noticed that on the current schedule, Oceana's first post pause cruise is at the end of October fly cruising from Dubai.  It will be interesting to see whether PandO squeeze in a re-positioning cruise for her.  Would be happy to give that a go, for the right price.

And me would love to go through Suez and Red Sea again, hopefully with a stop at Aqaba for Petra.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yum,yum. Cold sausages mid flight😁

4 hours ago, bee-ess said:

I’m hoping our cruise will be first on October 18th on Arcadia to the Greek isles and med, praying a lot 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m hoping our cruise will be first on October 18th on Arcadia to the Greek isles and med, praying a lot 😎

So I am I.Are you praying a lot that the cruise will go ahead or because we will be the guinea pigs!!!

I think you are also going on Ventura in January 2021 same as us??

Edited by ann141
  • Like 1