Celebrity Cruises Favorite food.

josephml1

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Wish the had  Guy Fieri's onboard. The best burgers and toppings.

I've never had a Guys 'burger and I can only imagine they are really good. But IMO the Celebrity 'burgers at the mask/pool grill are very good. Especially when you have them cook it your way. 

25 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I've never had a Guys 'burger and I can only imagine they are really good. But IMO the Celebrity 'burgers at the mask/pool grill are very good. Especially when you have them cook it your way. 

OMG Guy's burgers are to die for and can't come close to X's but that's my opinion.  Their toppings even include fried onions. I had them every day for lunch always a big line up but so worth the wait. 

• Like 2

Guy's burger is uses descent 80/20 chuck beef, is a "smash" style burger with tons of butter and garlic on the buns.  The exact recipe including the sauce is on carnivals website, yet you do need somewhat quality hamburger and have the patience or a heavy press to keep the patty "smashed" in a pan or on a flattop while cooking.

https://www.carnival.com/recipes/guy-fieri-ringer-burger.aspx  Some have said Guy's burger is the best they've ever had which I believe could be if you've never tried a "smashed" style burger before.

• Thanks 1

My most favorite food item to have on cruises is the Creme Brule'. I can taste it now.  My husband loves the escargot and the cold melon soups served in the main dining room. We don't see them often offered on the ship, so it must have been on our Carribean cruises.  I also loved the scallops. Can't forget the bread sticks. No matter where we sat in MDR they were the first items to disappear at the table. After the first night our waiter would bring out a more generous portion at the start of the meals. It seems that everyone loves them. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pattyj 1204 said:

My most favorite food item to have on cruises is the Creme Brule'. I can taste it now.  My husband loves the escargot and the cold melon soups served in the main dining room. We don't see them often offered on the ship, so it must have been on our Carribean cruises.  I also loved the scallops. Can't forget the bread sticks. No matter where we sat in MDR they were the first items to disappear at the table. After the first night our waiter would bring out a more generous portion at the start of the meals. It seems that everyone loves them. 

A chocolate creme brulee would be heaven. 

Once loved Celebrity's Crepe Suzette for dessert, but the last time I ordered it, they had reduced the size of the serving to about 1/6 of the original.  Also, it wasn't as good as before.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Once loved Celebrity's Crepe Suzette for dessert, but the last time I ordered it, they had reduced the size of the serving to about 1/6 of the original.  Also, it wasn't as good as before.

I've also found the desserts are not up to the same standards of days gone by. I used to love their New York cheesecake but now only order it from cafe al Bacio.

• Like 2

Love the deserts at Cafe al Bacio.  And in Luminae.  And in specialty restaurants.  But deserts overall in the MDR are hit or miss.  And in the Oceanview Cafe buffet they look really good but are mostly tasteless.  Just get cookies or ice cream there.  But why are the buffet deserts so bad?? One of the great mysteries of cruising to me.

13 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Love the deserts at Cafe al Bacio.  And in Luminae.  And in specialty restaurants.  But deserts overall in the MDR are hit or miss.  And in the Oceanview Cafe buffet they look really good but are mostly tasteless.  Just get cookies or ice cream there.  But why are the buffet deserts so bad?? One of the great mysteries of cruising to me.

I didn't realize the MDR and the OVC (buffet) had  "deserts". Sorry, not judging or correcting, but couldn't resist. 😉

Edited by davekathy

31 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

Love the coconut cake in Cafe al Bacio . . . Many nights I pass on dessert if eating in the MDR and stop by Cafe al Bacio 😉

I usually end up talking to the Matre de and we talk a lot of cooking, I trained at the Culinary Inst in NY  A few cruises I have had special made deserts for the table.  Always a fan of the coconut cake at al Bacio too.  

6 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I usually end up talking to the Matre de and we talk a lot of cooking, I trained at the Culinary Inst in NY  A few cruises I have had special made deserts for the table.  Always a fan of the coconut cake at al Bacio too.  

Never had the coconut cake but the German chocolate cake and cheesecake are excellent. Would never eat desserts in the buffets; just not to my liking. I am actually making a Chocolate turtle cheesecake this weekend for my Grand daughters birthday. A special request. 

23 hours ago, davekathy said:

I didn't realize the MDR and the OVC (buffet) had  "deserts". Sorry, not judging or correcting, but couldn't resist. 😉

Hahaha you caught me with my spell checker on neutral.  But I think the desserts as well as the deserts are tasteless in the buffet!😄

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 10:02 AM, davekathy said:

I was told that we are not permited to corect spelling mis takes on CC. 

Are we allowed to mention how we played golf today, while thinking about  ''  When we will be able to cruise again ???

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I was told that we are not permited to corect spelling mis takes on CC. 

Are we allowed to mention how we played golf today, while thinking about  ''  When we will be able to cruise again ???

I wasn't correcting the poster. Reread my post. That's why the CC mods didn't delete my post! :classic_rolleyes: 

• Thanks 1

1. Escargot - a traditional cruise appetizer

2. Buffet breakfast with smoked salmon and condiments, fruit salad and mini-waffles

3. Warm chocolate chip cookie at Lawn Club

4. As much salad as I can eat without having to prep it

44 minutes ago, sonnycruises said:

What ship did you get warm chocolate chip cookies on?

Lawn Club Grill--a specialty restaurant on Silhouette and Reflection--offers an oversized freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, served with ice cream, as an offering on the dessert menu...

Lamb stew. Hands down best dish ever. We were on the Millie last June in Alaska. We head to the buffet. I go to the very back to check out the made to order grilled fish options. I'm perusing the offerings and stumble upon the lamb stew. Hmmm let's try it. So I get a small scoop. OMG!! Rich and delicious gravy with chunks of lamb, potatoes and carrots. I run back to get another bowl. I wasn't alone. There was another guy running back there to get another bowl too. We were both like, the lamb stew it is delicious. Just what we needed on a cool breezy Alaskan day. I added a scoop of mashed potatoes to the bottom of my 2nd bowl. It immediately escalated the flavor up a couple of notches. By the 3rd bowl I had it down to a science on the stew and tater combo. I'm salivating just thinking about it. It was so good. It was like the lamb shank and veggie garden had a party and stew in a pot all day. 

• Like 1