B2B cruise

bikerunner

I looked around but couldnt find the info, which I remember seeing.  When doing a Back to Back out of Fort Lauderdale, I know you debark, but are you taken to a special area and can get right back on once they allow boarding?  First time I am doing one.  

20 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I looked around but couldnt find the info, which I remember seeing.  When doing a Back to Back out of Fort Lauderdale, I know you debark, but are you taken to a special area and can get right back on once they allow boarding?  First time I am doing one.  

No special waiting area for constitutive cruisers. If for whatever reason your re-boarding is delayed you will be seated in the same boarding area as you did before boarding the ship for the first leg of your cruise (if for some reason you had to wait even at that time). The only difference is you are not seated by CC tier level. You will be instructed to sit together as B2B cruisers and when the ship has been cleared, all B2B cruisers re-board the ship first as a group. 

Edited by davekathy

You will receive the instruction in your room and invitation to a meeting with the B2B's where al your questions will be answered.

The TAD you will meet in lounge for the process, here you will receive your new card. after all other passengers disembark, the group will be guided to a room in the terminal. Here the Customs and Migration officer will look at your passport then the group will board the cruise for the next leg.

We rarely do any cruises other than at least B2Bs.  And we have had turnaround days in Ft. Lauderdale several times.  While the process can vary, if you don't want to spend the day in Ft. L., you will be onboard very quickly.  B2B passengers will receive a very succinct instruction letter about the process, but if you have any questions drop by the Guest Relations desk two days or so prior to the end of the first leg for clarification about the process.

We did a B2B on the Edge a year ago and it couldn't have gone any smoother.  We were off the ship for maybe 10 minutes and then boarded as a group of about 125 people.  We got into our new cabin about 1000 and really had the ship to ourselves for almost 2 hours.  It was great to explore the areas we saw that were crowded during the first leg of the B2B.  I would do a B2B again but I am not sure if I would sail on Edge or Apex again.  It was fine but the extra cost I don't think was worth it.

It will be interesting to see if you will be allowed to take B2B cruises when cruising resumes.  Perhaps it will be required to have been in the country for a certain number of days before boarding the ship.  The fact that you have been out of the country may prohibit you from taking the second leg of the B2B.  Cruisers may be required to drive to the terminal.

Will have to wait and see, what happens the next few weeks will be the interesting part.  Will the virus level off and keep declining, from info I am getting from the health system i work for looks that way, well in NH anyway except for border of Mass where there was a small spike last couple weeks but rest of state is good.  I have mine for Nov 13 (10 day) and then Nov 23 (11day).  So looking forward to that.  Will be new to me, longest I have been on is 13 day cruise.  So will see how this goes but on the Reflection which is one of my favorites.  

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It will be interesting to see if you will be allowed to take B2B cruises when cruising resumes.  Perhaps it will be required to have been in the country for a certain number of days before boarding the ship.  The fact that you have been out of the country may prohibit you from taking the second leg of the B2B.  Cruisers may be required to drive to the terminal.

My Magic 8 Ball says, "very doubtful". 🎱

We just booked a B2B for Aug 2021.  I hope by then everything will be settled down.  if not, we will have more problems than B2B cruising.

Bikerunner, I know you asked abut the logistics of a B2B.  Since you have not done one before, I wonder if you are aware that you get a discount for each leg of the B2B?  You should get $50, for each leg.  We just received $50 for a 9 day and $100 for the 14 day following it.  You often have to ask for this.

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We just booked a B2B for Aug 2021.  I hope by then everything will be settled down.  if not, we will have more problems than B2B cruising.

Bikerunner, I know you asked abut the logistics of a B2B.  Since you have not done one before, I wonder if you are aware that you get a discount for each leg of the B2B?  You should get $50, for each leg.  We just received $50 for a 9 day and $100 for the 14 day following it.  You often have to ask for this.

I knew that existed but mine are thru a crazy price I got for the 21 days, lets just say its about 4200 total for both of us or around 105 pp per night.  This includes all 4 perks plus a gift card of 200.  And its in a 1A room.  It was thru one of the large box stores.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I have never thought the B2B discount was contingent on price.  I would ask them if you can have it applied.  Good for you getting a great price.

Called n seeing about it.  Thanks fo the info. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 6:05 PM, TeaBag said:

I have never thought the B2B discount was contingent on price.  I would ask them if you can have it applied.  Good for you getting a great price.

Thanks I just got confirmation from my TA (big box)  that i will get $100.00 per cruise discounted from Celebrity since both are  10 days or longer.  So brings the cost down to almost 100 per day pp for the 2 cruises.  Now just hope they are a go with all this surreal stuff going on 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you don’t mind me asking on this thread instead of starting a new one. I’m booked on an 18 day TransPac from Sydney to Hawaii in 2022. Celebrity are doing a 2 day cruise to nowhere before as it’s the Easter long weekend. 
my question is that with the 4 perks I would receive $600 OBC for the 2 days and $800 for the 18 days. I know I can’t roll it over as it’s 2 cruises but can I use the $600 to book restaurants and tours for the next leg as well? With no stops and only 2 days I was hoping to book a few speciality restaurants and tours for some of the stops for the 18 day leg. 

appreciate any help. I did a search but couldn’t find the answer, only that I can’t roll it over.

thanks 

23 minutes ago, DominicAUS said:

I hope you don’t mind me asking on this thread instead of starting a new one. I’m booked on an 18 day TransPac from Sydney to Hawaii in 2022. Celebrity are doing a 2 day cruise to nowhere before as it’s the Easter long weekend. 
my question is that with the 4 perks I would receive $600 OBC for the 2 days and $800 for the 18 days. I know I can’t roll it over as it’s 2 cruises but can I use the $600 to book restaurants and tours for the next leg as well? With no stops and only 2 days I was hoping to book a few speciality restaurants and tours for some of the stops for the 18 day leg. 

appreciate any help. I did a search but couldn’t find the answer, only that I can’t roll it over.

thanks 

No. The OBC can only be applied to expenses for that cruise. 

Edited by davekathy

9 hours ago, DominicAUS said:

thanks 

Confused the 4 Perks is $300BC ($150 each).  Each cruise has separate billing you can't do that, the cruise planner will show only the OBC and activities for that cruise.

Thanks so much. I thought this would be the case. 
being in AU the perks are 2 x $300 OBC as the tips are included/roll into the base fare so the tips do not show separately as I believe this was done as tipping is not something we do here like the US. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DominicAUS said:

Thanks so much. I thought this would be the case. 
being in AU the perks are 2 x $300 OBC as the tips are included/roll into the base fare so the tips do not show separately as I believe this was done as tipping is not something we do here like the US. 

• Thanks 1