Premier drinks package

Jo and Rob

It would include sparkling wine if the wine is sold by the glass and is priced US$12 and under. I think I remember Vines may have had some sparkling by the glass. It does not include any bottled wine, which I think is the normal way to purchase sparkling wine. Bottled wine can be purchased at a 25% discount.

Favourite? Whatever you enjoy since at least 95% of the offered drinks are menu priced at US$12 and under. 

6 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Mini bottles of Prosecco are included in the package. One of DW's favorites.

it's been reported that those are no longer available on some ships, but yes, it was always easy before to grab a couple of those for later use also 

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

it's been reported that those are no longer available on some ships, but yes, it was always easy before to grab a couple of those for later use also 

I saw that report just before our last cruise. The bottles were definitely available on the Pacific Princess. I was going to mention the bartenders are generally OK with not opening the bottles for you. It was nice to have them in the cabin fridge for morning eye-openers.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Mini bottles of Prosecco are included in the package. One of DW's favorites.

Used to get small bottles of Korbel but not for the last year or so. Prosecco is just too sweet

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 4:46 PM, Jo and Rob said:

What is your favourite cocktail included in the drinks package?  Does it include sparkling wine?

Yes, you can usually find some bars with sparkling wine. I know Chandon is included, by the glass. The Korbel bottles sound like they are no longer available. 

Fun thing about the package is you get to try things you may not usually try. 

My favorite is Quantum of Solace at Crooners. It's no longer on the menu, but if the bar tender has worked there before they can do it. A glass of wine from Vines in a to go glass for dinner is nice too. The MDR doesn't have the same wines as Vines. 

• Like 1

Discovered a Dirty Banana a few years ago in Sandals Antigua and was delighted to find out that Princess did them on our March cruise and being on the drinks package certainly helped with the amount I managed to get through LOL

11 hours ago, MTNestr said:

Is pop and coffee from the IC also available in the package?  Milkshakes?

Yes, fountain sodas only + red bull

Milkshakes are included if they are available on the ship. Not all ships have milkshakes.

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

I was introduced to a Sicilian Kiss by one of the servers in Crooners.  
That and the Dirty Banana are 
my favorite of the sweet creamy drinks. 

1. 1/2 ounce Kahlua.
  2. 1 ounce Baileys Irish Cream.
  3. 1/2 ounce Vodka.
  4. 1 ounce cream
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cash123 said:

Discovered a Dirty Banana a few years ago in Sandals Antigua and was delighted to find out that Princess did them on our March cruise and being on the drinks package certainly helped with the amount I managed to get through LOL

Sound delicious, but as Mr. Pcur puts it, "not for lactards", like me!  😀

1 hour ago, tere247 said:
I was introduced to a Sicilian Kiss by one of the servers in Crooners.  
That and the Dirty Banana are 
my favorite of the sweet creamy drinks. 

1. 1/2 ounce Kahlua.
  2. 1 ounce Baileys Irish Cream.
  3. 1/2 ounce Vodka.
  4. 1 ounce cream

Crooners, on giddy up n' go night  I was slipped a vesper and toasted a beautiful brunette across the bar. 

"Three measures of Gordon’s, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it’s ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel. "

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, loge23 said:

Domaine Chandon by the glass at the Vines only is included in the package. Or, for a dollar or two extra, there's a real Champagne by the glass at Crooners.

That's assuming they will allow you to pay only the difference between the package limits and the cost of the Champagne. If they don't allow that then it's far more than "a dollar or two" extra.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That's assuming they will allow you to pay only the difference between the package limits and the cost of the Champagne. If they don't allow that then it's far more than "a dollar or two" extra.

As far as I know, that's the policy now for bev paks. I can relate that our last three cruises with the package all abided by the pay the difference standard. A couple of the bartenders have told us that it is indeed a policy now. 

6 minutes ago, loge23 said:

As far as I know, that's the policy now for bev paks. I can relate that our last three cruises with the package all abided by the pay the difference standard. A couple of the bartenders have told us that it is indeed a policy now. 

Very cool. I had heard that a few ships were allowing that at Vines but not other venues. Do you know if they do that for higher end liquor as well or is it still only for wine? I've never had a problem with the liquor offerings fitting in the package constraints but some ships have an expanded whiskey menu.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:46 PM, Jo and Rob said:

What is your favourite cocktail included in the drinks package?  Does it include sparkling wine?

What I call "MY Balcony Drink".  At the end of the night I order a "take away" top shelf double Scotch on the rocks to sit out on the balcony with and watch the water go by.  Usually a different Scotch each night.  But I do have my favorites that I always get back to.