August 16th cruise out of NJ

Does anyone have any concrete information on the possibility of my August 16th cruise out of NJ still happening?  We already lost out on a cruise in March.  Have a November cruise out of Florida planned.   Fingers crossed on that 1 as well.

Thanks for any information you can provide that is fact and not speculation. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stew1966 said:

Does anyone have any concrete information on the possibility of my August 16th cruise out of NJ still happening?  We already lost out on a cruise in March.  Have a November cruise out of Florida planned.   Fingers crossed on that 1 as well.

Welcome Stew.  I wish I had some info for you.  I'm on the August 9 cruise out of NJ.  I keep looking at my reservation but haven't seen anything.  We had 5 cabins booked and 3 of our group canceled before their final payment was due.  My brother and I paid up.  While Cruise Critic is a rumor mill, it's still a great resource.  There's nothing to do but wait now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Baron Barracuda said:

There is a thread on either the X or Royal board quoting a Port Authority official as saying during recent news conference that there will be no passenger ships sailing from NY / NJ for remainder of year.  No official word on PANYNJ web site though.

I believe CCSNOPES said not sure

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

There is a thread on either the X or Royal board quoting a Port Authority official as saying during recent news conference that there will be no passenger ships sailing from NY / NJ for remainder of year.  No official word on PANYNJ web site though.

Found it.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2751808-no-cruising-out-of-nyc-or-nj-until-2021/

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

No one has been able to provide a video of the press conference. It might not be official, but I can't even verify the press conference ever happened.

Edited by Lawlsagna
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Stew1966 said:

If it is one that calls on Canadian ports NO go

• Like 1

Nothing is concrete but very likely no cruises at all out of the US before October or November per current status of both the COVID situation and also the progress cruislines are making to develop their new workflows for cruising as long as COVID 19 will be amongst us.

Here in NJ...we still cannot go to restaurants, sporting events or church...New York is worse.

Opening the ports is not even on their radar.
Whatever the CDC or WHO say, the Port Authority will take it under advisement.

Restaurants are going way out of their way to show what they are doing for distancing, etc, to get the Gov's to let them open, with no luck.
Cruise ships have not shown or said anything.

Edited by B-52
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 11:21 AM, Stew1966 said:

No one knows yet.

Many speculate, many firmly predict and many seem to have had prophesies , but there is no right answer yet. Everyone will have to be patient and go with the flow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nada, not going to happen. Plan on it..............doesn't even matter if port is open or not.  The cruiselines don't have a  plan in place yet what to do to make people safe on the ships.

Next round of cancellations will include all of August cruises I'm sure.

Edited by Jimbo

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

No one knows yet.

Many speculate, many firmly predict and many seem to have had prophesies , but there is no right answer yet. Everyone will have to be patient and go with the flow.

At this time you need to be realistic to yourself, even that it was not yet officially confirmed it is 99.99999% clear that there will be no cruises out any East Coast port and likely all over the US in August.

Regardless of where you are physically located and how minimal the pandemic's impact to your zip code may be, empathize for a moment with the people of the greater New York City area and what they went thru the last 90 days.

Separate yourself from the emotional attachment of it being a cruise, something we do love if you are reading this.

Now, what are the chances of a company or government agency blessing 5000+ people gathering in New Your City (Bayonne) for a frivolous activity less than 8 weeks from now? I'll quote Dean Wormer: "Zero.Point.Zero."

Edited by ThirstyCruiser