Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I too had "so close" SO many times! That's why I signed in here to check if I was the only one. Nope!

The key is to use numbers "4" not "four" and capitalize the 1st letter of each entry. Doing that, it finally worked. Yippee 1 point for all that effort. ; ) 

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Clear your cache/cookies and do it again. 

I  tried clearing cache and an incognito window and it was a no go. The computer didn't like capital letters. When I used all lower case and numerals it accepted the answers as correct. DH did the quiz when I got totally frustrated. I told him all the answers and he typed them in using all lower case. It was accepted. Then I did mine again for the zillionth time using all lower case and numerals and it accepted them also. Another great achievement  for X IT!!!

Edited by Luvcrusn

Took me dozens of tries with all the correct answers each time.  Not sure if it’s because when words were auto filling that it left a space at the end of the word.  I know for some websites when my email address autofills it says not valid.   I finally retyped each word not allowing autofill and was successful.  

Now to get back to making dinner lol. 

1 hour ago, 1CruiserCruiserCruiser said:

Latest Power Up Promotion 

830316112_Screenshot2022-03-17204412.thumb.jpg.d344e70e9784905c9a91bfbd98d38341.jpg

Link to the PUP quiz - https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/EarnPointsSurvey

Answers

1 = 32

2 = Seafarers

3 = African

4 = Chromosome

5 = Beyond

6 = Kate

7 = Maritime

8 = 26

9 = Edge

10 = 4

Thank you.   You're the "Man" on International Women's Day 😉

I did it once with Capitals for myself and once for DH in lower case, both in Safari.

With both of them we got the same message:

"You have completed all of the sentences! If you answered all questions correctly and will receive 10 Power Up Points."

The sentence absolutely makes no sense as it is written. Is this the statement you are getting when it is done correctly?

Edited by Blue_Flame

40 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I just finished doing the quiz 4 times--once for each family member.  Luckily, no problems.

I did it 3 times, for each member of my group.  I and thought that Celebrity had gotten wise to all of our attempts, because the answer was that I would get the points if I was correct - good to know that they are still rejecting what are considered to be "wrong" answers.

9 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

I did it once with Capitals for myself and once for DH in lower case, both in Safari.

With both of them we got the same message:

"You have completed all of the sentences! If you answered all questions correctly and will receive 10 Power Up Points."

The sentence absolutely makes no sense as it is written. Is this the statement you are getting when it is done correctly?

The first time I tried I got "sorry so close. Try again" The second time I got the reply you got. If think they must have put "If" by mistake. It is not even good grammer.

Laura

For the first COVID year I really tried to have my Captain's Club Power Up Point email sent to my personal email account and DH's email to be sent to our shared account.   After a few months of trying, I gave up trying to change things and all of a sudden, his PUP email was going to my work email and my PUP was going to my personal email - not the perfect solution, but at least part way there.

Today, DH got a PUP email sent to my work email, and so far I haven't received a copy of the email.  Obviously someone behind the curtain is "updating" email addresses, but obviously not where I want them to go.

Eventually I would like to be able to retire, but can't do that if Celebrity is sending the PUP email ONLY to my work email address.   I will give them 3 years to fix this problem.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

I got the same crap - not a good response at all, especially if it's a very finicky "grading" process! 

This one should be a slam dunk for everyone - caps or no caps, 4 or four...

Tom 

• Like 1

I'm really grateful for the PUP, they mean that I will actually be for real Select after our upcoming cruise instead of through my Royal status match. Of course, it'll take me a long while to get to Elite (I have just a few points to get to Diamond on Royal, so it's likely I'll soon be back to a status match once again).

And learning that 17000 people listened/watched the Turkey video means Celebrity's doing something right, getting us all to do this. It's great PR for them.

I am so SICK of Celebrity's mistakes.  First of all when I got this email and clicked to do the quiz, I had the wrong number of points.  They hadn't given me the last 6 points which are correct in my account but not on the quiz page.  Not that it makes a difference really, as I will never reach Zenith especially if I ditch Celebrity.  Maybe they need women in the IT department?

When I completed the quiz for my one lousy point, I got the following message

You have completed all the sentences! If you answered all questions correctly you will receive 10 Power Up Points.

Really?  All that for one point????  Why can't they tell me if i am correct or not?

3 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I am so SICK of Celebrity's mistakes.  First of all when I got this email and clicked to do the quiz, I had the wrong number of points.  They hadn't given me the last 6 points which are correct in my account but not on the quiz page.  Not that it makes a difference really, as I will never reach Zenith especially if I ditch Celebrity.  Maybe they need women in the IT department?

So? The points that show on my email is 70 lower than on my CC account. What is shown on the website it the one that matters.

5 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

When I completed the quiz for my one lousy point, I got the following message

You have completed all the sentences! If you answered all questions correctly you will receive 10 Power Up Points.

Really?  All that for one point????  Why can't they tell me if i am correct or not?

It appears the email was generated before the last points update. The Celebrity website shows more points.

As to correct answers being accepted for some only if the word is capitalized, grrrr! These are fill in the blank answers, and the words would not be capitalized in the positions they are in the sentences.

I'm torn between being glad I am not alone in having trouble getting this done, and being sorry that others also had trouble. 

5 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

As to correct answers being accepted for some only if the word is capitalized, grrrr! These are fill in the blank answers, and the words would not be capitalized in the positions they are in the sentences.

I'm torn between being glad I am not alone in having trouble getting this done, and being sorry that others also had trouble. 

Kate, Africa, Beyond and Edge all should be capitalized, but X IT has its own rules of grammar. The confirmation pop up just confirms the lack of grammar. Oh well, I can't wait for the next webinar.😜