Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I haven’t been getting the power up emails for awhile now. Does anyone else have this issue? I don’t know how to restart getting them.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

In my case with this CC opportunity, it's likely I deleted the original email.

To restart, though, I suggest going to Celebrity's site and just re-subscribing by entering your email?

cjr

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:39 PM, mahasamatman said:

I've never even heard of one. But if you're referring to the discussion above, that's the card you need to get off and on the ship, and to get drinks. Good luck sailing without one.

Oh. Sorry. I thought it was a Captain's Club card they were talking about since this is about the Captain's Club Power Up Points.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:41 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I haven’t been getting the power up emails for awhile now. Does anyone else have this issue? I don’t know how to restart getting them.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

I haven't gotten any in quite a while either. I just chatted with someone from Cel3brity and this is where he told me to go sign up again. We shall see if it works. LOL

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/optin/reg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cruzeaddict said:

This doesn't appear to be specific to Captain's Club PUP. It is to receive Celebrity marketing email. You know like ... "Here's a once in a lifetime sale!" that they send each and every day. I get those but not any PUP mailings.

In other words, it is almost certain that you need to opt-in for marketing, but that is a necessary but not sufficient condition to get PUP mailings.

24 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

This doesn't appear to be specific to Captain's Club PUP. It is to receive Celebrity marketing email. You know like ... "Here's a once in a lifetime sale!" that they send each and every day. I get those but not any PUP mailings.

In other words, it is almost certain that you need to opt-in for marketing, but that is a necessary but not sufficient condition to get PUP mailings.

The PUP program is managed by the marketing department so you are correct.

7 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

This one was 30 pts. Wasn't the last video 50 pts? However, this was a great video!

I haven't watched this one yet but in the past the number of points seemed to relate to the length of the video.  If I recall correctly in the past 30 minute videos were only 30 points.  And ones that were 45+ minutes were 50 points.

1 minute ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I haven't gotten my 50 points for watching a webinar about Australia and New Zealand on September 15. Any idea how long it takes for these to show up, or where to inquire if I don't get credit for them?

Expect those points by around the 14th of October. 

Points earned in any month are credited by the 14th of the following month. 

Edited to add that I have had ZERO success in getting missing PUPs awarded, but others have had success. I emailed all of the addresses listed in this thread, and inquired onboard to CC hosts who said they would "email Miami" and ask, but neither had received a response by the time we disembarked. 

Edited by MamaFej
additional information
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I haven't gotten my 50 points for watching a webinar about Australia and New Zealand on September 15. Any idea how long it takes for these to show up, or where to inquire if I don't get credit for them?

Remember that you will get five Captains  points, not 50

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Desperately seeking those in time for our end of February cruise so as to enjoy Cafe al Bacio!

On all of our cruises, everyone has been able to access that regardless of status. Or are you just saying that you can't actually enjoy it without status?

9 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

On all of our cruises, everyone has been able to access that regardless of status. Or are you just saying that you can't actually enjoy it without status?

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or making a joke??... but if not, a nice perk of Elite+ is complimentary specialty coffees. Everything is included at al Bacio except the ones with alcohol. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 3girlsmom said:

a nice perk of Elite+ is complimentary specialty coffees.

I didn't see anything in the OP about specialty coffees. I was commenting on what was posted, not on any assumptions about what might or might not have been intended. (I have to say I've never understood the "coffee culture". The only benefit of Elite Plus for me is the extra laundry.)

Edited by mahasamatman

42 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Since we are going perkless on the Silhouette we will miss our morning Java at Cafe al Bacio unless we charge our morning coffees OR enjoy them gratis with Elite Plus status.

• Thanks 1

I am watching the presentation right now.  The video scenery is very nice.  The only problem is that it is motivating me to plan a big land vacation to Alaska and stay several nights each at Denali, Katmai, Lake Clark, Wrangell St Elias, and Kenai Fjords National Parks.  Kobuk Valley and Gates of the Arctic may have to wait for another life.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I am watching the presentation right now.  The video scenery is very nice.  The only problem is that it is motivating me to plan a big land vacation to Alaska and stay several nights each at Denali, Katmai, Lake Clark, Wrangell St Elias, and Kenai Fjords National Parks.  Kobuk Valley and Gates of the Arctic may have to wait for another life.

Yes, same problem here.  We have been thinking of booking a cruise to Alaska, and this webinar sealed the deal for us.

• Like 2