Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, Liao said:

Wow 12+ TA's, good on ya!!  I only have 2 but now that I am very soon to be retired, I plan to do 2/year.  For me, they are now the best and most relaxing way to travel.

TPACs are fun, too!

Just got the points credited from my recent cruise on Ascent, so worst case, I'm 7 points from Elite.  Best case, 1 point from Elite (found some potentially missing points).  So yeah, I wouldn't mind a few PUP opportunities.  I can almost taste that free bag of laundry!

It was important to me to let you know this.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Just got the points credited from my recent cruise on Ascent, so worst case, I'm 7 points from Elite.  Best case, 1 point from Elite (found some potentially missing points).  So yeah, I wouldn't mind a few PUP opportunities.  I can almost taste that free bag of laundry!

It was important to me to let you know this.

Have you seen post #9491? mahdnc was gracious enough to post: list of all the PowerUp Point activities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

During many of these events, I'll admit that I have no real interest beyond acquiring the points, and barely pay attention, but late in 2023 my ears perked up when the topic was about cruises with overnight stops, which are uncommon.  As a result we booked B2B cruises  - Toyko to Singapore and Singapore to Mumbai.  We had casually discussed wanting to do Asia cruises "someday" and this pushed us into action.

So they do work in increasing sales....

• Like 2

On 8/24/2024 at 5:58 AM, gold1953 said:

they can't help now though as all expired

A few months back I called Captains Club (800-760-0654) because I was missing a few points for 03/01/23. The "X" person in the CC office asked what was the Activity Description. I wish I had this list, to be used as a reference......only thing is that one is not listed. 

1 minute ago, alibaba1 said:

A few months back I called Captains Club (800-760-0654) because I was missing a few points for 03/01/23. The "X" person in the CC office asked what was the Activity Description. I wish I had this list, to be used as a reference......only thing is that one is not listed. 

The only PUP type of activities that I know for sure were not put on the list were activities involving Facebook.  But that was back in 2021 or so.  What activity do you feel is missing (and when-ish)?

On 12/20/2023 at 3:46 PM, AndyCapn said:

Personally, I trust people here with 200 posts over the people with over 30,000.

There are so many on here that just make a comment of following, love the photos and etc that don’t really contribute to anything except for those comments.   The bad thing is that they quote the entire post that takes up a lot of space on the thread for really nothing.  And then they constantly do that for every photo or post that the OP makes 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I asked the CEO for a new PUP opportunity yesterday on LinkedIn.  No reply and pretty sure she never personally saw it.  

But hey, I tried.

And I asked yesterday, got a new PUP today.  Coincidence?

Unfortunately, this one requires booking a cruise.  Just got off Celebrity Ascent a bit over a week ago, and have an upcoming cruise on Oceania, so I don't think this one works for me.

Have time for a last-minute getaway? Book a short Caribbean sailing on Celebrity Reflection from September 2, 2024 – October 28, 2024 and earn 50 Power Up Points. As a bonus, reserve a veranda stateroom for the price of an ocean view stateroom—no promo code required. Experience the best of the Caribbean on a brief but blissful escape. To qualify, book your cruise and submit the form below with your booking details by September 11, 2024.

Edited by Stockjock

5 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Unfortunately, this one requires booking a cruise.  Just got off Celebrity Ascent a bit over a week ago, and have an upcoming cruise on Oceania, so I don't think this one works for me.

Have time for a last-minute getaway? Book a short Caribbean sailing on Celebrity Reflection from September 2, 2024 – October 28, 2024 and earn 50 Power Up Points. As a bonus, reserve a veranda stateroom for the price of an ocean view stateroom—no promo code required. Experience the best of the Caribbean on a brief but blissful escape. To qualify, book your cruise and submit the form below with your booking details by September 11, 2024.

I just got the email six minutes ago.  You should have been more clearer about what you were asking for.

image.thumb.png.7a5af4b922c3e315577cdf4f9daab17b.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I asked the CEO for a new PUP opportunity yesterday on LinkedIn.  No reply and pretty sure she never personally saw it.  

But hey, I tried.

Probably because you asked the ceo of celebrity that does not exist.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Also like not everyone can do last minute like that whether time off from work or money. I'm still waiting on work confirming a sales event that's somewhere between September and October - I keep bugging them as I'm 300km away so have to plan and book hotels (which are selling out)

• Like 1

Yes I got all excited when I saw the email: power up opportunity!  Then saw it was to schedule on the reflection. I am already booked for a transatlantic and the HOT July sailing on the Reflection. Darn. Got my hopes up and then rug right out from under us. 🥲

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Fly or drive to Ft. Lauderdale for a 3 or 4 night cruise to the Caribbean during the height of hurricane season. Sign me up...NOT!!!

I feel the same way!  Even if I wasn't booked already out of Cape Liberty on Liberty OTS for a short 6 day getaway (easy peasy since I'm in NJ), I wouldn't be flying to Florida for a 3 or 4 night cruise. 

I guess bookings for those sailings are down and they are trying to ramp it up!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Fly or drive to Ft. Lauderdale for a 3 or 4 night cruise to the Caribbean during the height of hurricane season. Sign me up...NOT!!!

I'd spend 2 days traveling there and back for a 3 or 4 day cruise lol

So really makes more sense for people near by who have free time

Edited by Lena11033
  • Haha 1