ALL September cruises taken off sale

Homestyle

I noticed that yesterday today. Somebody posted it in the August thread. It's definitely different from the other months. The other cancellations were one month at a time being sold/blocked out. This time we have 2

Oh wow, not enough coffee. The sold outs were going through my head, but you can't even search aug/sept now..

Edited by sammee
added info
  • Like 1

Yes, all of September currently greyed out on UK site. I was just posting this info as news on the "August return thread" when I noticed you have beaten me to it..... Now if they could just remove the October 2020 cruises I could look for a return of my Oct' Getaway deposit.

Edited by Stevio
  • Like 3

Still waiting for NCL to admit my Sept 8 Canada cruise is cancelled. My NCL account only says it's on hold. I guess they have to hold everyone's money a little longer to bring in enough interest to make it worth their while.

46 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I am booked for September 8, it was removed from the website a few days ago and my account is showing i need to make a payment. final payment for my cruise was due around may 10ish

So you paid it in full & it shows you need to make a payment? We have a December cruise out of Miami booked, I have only made a $100 deposit, final payment is due 8-14.. Still holding onto my money to see what happens. :(

2 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

So you paid it in full & it shows you need to make a payment? We have a December cruise out of Miami booked, I have only made a $100 deposit, final payment is due 8-14.. Still holding onto my money to see what happens. 😞

yep and from what i read in other threads here and on other sites, when that happens then it means the cruise is canceled

17 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Does this line up with the leaked re-start schedule that was posted last week?  I can't seem to locate it.

I remember that list started with Encore for Sep 29th.  If that was a date to 'add crew', then perhaps October was the first planned start date for Encore.

Edited by Sand and Seas

17 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I remember that list started with Encore for Sep 29th.  If that was a date to 'add crew', then perhaps October was the first planned start date for Encore.

25 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Close. The first NCL cruise on that document was September 29 on the Encore.

So in looking at that list, and if we are to assume that this is re-launch dates  for bringing back the crew (not passengers), then it would appear that NCL are planning to recrew 2 ships (Encore and Insignia) in September presumably for October sailings.... a whole handful of ships to recrew in October for November sailings, and so on.  To me, that seems like an unlikely plan which, in my view, makes the leaked list a bit of a bust.  Thoughts?

A quick edit to add that my TA's site still shows all cruises in September available for booking but when I do a mock booking, I get an error message to say I should check back after June 23rd for an updated list of sailings.

image.png.6884dc7c5f99068daf1b797b5c7bb2d2.png

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

40 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So in looking at that list, and if we are to assume that this is re-launch dates  for bringing back the crew (not passengers), then it would appear that NCL are planning to recrew 2 ships (Encore and Insignia) in September presumably for October sailings.... a whole handful of ships to recrew in October for November sailings, and so on.  To me, that seems like an unlikely plan which, in my view, makes the leaked list a bit of a bust.  Thoughts?

A quick edit to add that my TA's site still shows all cruises in September available for booking but when I do a mock booking, I get an error message to say I should check back after June 23rd for an updated list of sailings.

image.png.6884dc7c5f99068daf1b797b5c7bb2d2.png

None of us actually knows what that single piece of paper that we only saw part of really represents, but no...if I were to guess what the dates represent I would say they are cruise restart dates, not dates to re-crew . I've checked the first three cruises on the list, one each for Encore, Insignia and Sky, and each of the dates corresponds to a scheduled cruise date.

This lone piece of paper is likely part of just one of numerous potential restart plans. Since the CDC hasn't yet approved the cruise lines' restart plans and it's uncertain when many ports will reopen they wouldn't have just one firm plan in place. NCLH is undoubtedly working on many options in this very fluid and uncertain environment.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Homestyle said:

Just had a look at NCL website and there are NO cruises worldwide currently on sale for September, only October onwards. 

I heard from a friend they had another round of layoffs this week. My idea of booking for end of summer was squashed. 

What idiot at NCL approved this Update? Cruise ports in Alaska have closed up shop and turned off the lights.

Without the ability to make a port call in British Columbia, cruises to Alaska can not happen. This is the offical

notification from Canada on their ports:

As a response to COVID-19, the Government of Canada has extended the order to prohibit cruise from operating in Canadian waters until October 31, 2020.

No Alaska delegation or city mayor has any influence over that and NCL knows that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1