Bit the Bullet and Booked a Cruise for December

INeedAMaiTai

I need to get away and we decided to book a little four day cruise out of LA and back (actually, wanted to try out the medallion and anytime dining since I've always been old school and always done designated seating, before my big trip next year).  

I have no idea what to expect!  It's such a weird thing to think about.  Will I have to wear a mask?  Will someone be serving me at the buffets?  How will someone hand me my drink (important stuff!)?  Will it actually happen?  I truly am hoping this all calms down before I/we go.  

Like Bill and Ted said, "strange things are afoot at the Circle K".  (80's humor)

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

I hope it's a go, as we are booked for Jan 2nd out of Fort Lauderdale.

But masks - I would think - Yes (I am okay with that)

Buffet - May be closed or converted to table service

Handed drinks - I would think so.

I can live with all that if we actually cruise and can enjoy each of the ports.

Don

• Like 4

I completely feel your need to get away. It feels like vacation after vacation has been cancelled on us (3 now, 2 cruises-with another land trip at risk of getting cancelled soon). 😞 I really hope our holiday cruises happen this year, but I have booked a Plan B, and am considering booking Plan C, just to get some getaway. I won't put down a final payment if cruising is still uncertain, so I have 61 days before sailing to decide. 

I'm trying to remain positive! 

I'm fine with regular temperature checks.

I am fine with a mask (I didn't think I would be previously, but they've grown on me) 🙂

If someone is serving at the buffets I will actually try them.

I think I'm OK with a drink being handled to me, or put down for me to pick up. I won't be touching my eyes, or face, or whatever without washing my hands thoroughly. 

Crossing everything that our December cruises happen 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

I need to get away and we decided to book a little four day cruise out of LA and back (actually, wanted to try out the medallion and anytime dining since I've always been old school and always done designated seating, before my big trip next year).  I have no idea what to expect!  It's such a weird thing to think about.  Will I have to wear a mask?  Will someone be serving me at the buffets?  How will someone hand me my drink (important stuff!)?  Will it actually happen?  I truly am hoping this all calms down before I/we go.  Like Bill and Ted said, "strange things are afoot at the Circle K".  (80's humor)

Good for you! Have a great cruise! Mask: Yes. Serving you: Yes. Glass on the Bar: Yes. Happen: Yes. 

We just did a weekend in a resort and the responses were about the same. Mask: Yes. Buffet: Closed. Restaurants: Spaced out tables. Drinks: the waiters handed them to us, but asked that we place the tip on their serving trays. We had a great time, while trying to be risk adverse. 

10 hours ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

I need to get away and we decided to book a little four day cruise out of LA and back (actually, wanted to try out the medallion and anytime dining since I've always been old school and always done designated seating, before my big trip next year).  

I have no idea what to expect!  It's such a weird thing to think about.  Will I have to wear a mask?  Will someone be serving me at the buffets?  How will someone hand me my drink (important stuff!)?  Will it actually happen?  I truly am hoping this all calms down before I/we go.  

Like Bill and Ted said, "strange things are afoot at the Circle K".  (80's humor)

I wouldn't pack early if I were you.

• Like 2

We have one booked for Feb. We'll be ok with whatever is required. I'm keeping positive thoughts for all us cruisers who are waiting anxiously, hopefully, & excitedly for our next cruise. ♡♡♡

• Like 1

Have a cruise booked for December but will not make a final payment unless things change. Took to long to get refund for a March cruise and still have nothing from Jet Blue on a refund.  Our planning for future travel has changed drastically from past trips.

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I don't think any ships will sail this year. Sorry to be the pessimistic one here.

I dunno, but IF there are any ... it will be the short 4-7 day cruises from PE and LA , which I'm not sure

that would even be worth it 🤑 monetarily to Princess, but of course there has to be a first sometime ... which may be

Spring 2021, if then 🦄

but as always ... 🥃

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

I dunno, but IF there are any ... it will be the short 4-7 day cruises from PE and LA , which I'm not sure

that would even be worth it 🤑 monetarily to Princess, but of course there has to be a first sometime ... which may be

Spring 2021, if then 🦄

It is actually a short 4 dayer out of LA and back (might not even get off the ship).  The cost was great even with the drink package; I think the third person was like $400 for our mini suite.  

We will see how it goes.  If it doesn't happen, it'll be a bummer, but as long as my Caribbean cruise still stands for next July, we'll be good.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 9:02 AM, INeedAMaiTai said:

It is actually a short 4 dayer out of LA and back (might not even get off the ship).  The cost was great even with the drink package; I think the third person was like $400 for our mini suite.  

We will see how it goes.  If it doesn't happen, it'll be a bummer, but as long as my Caribbean cruise still stands for next July, we'll be good.

Is it the one stopping in Catalina and Ensenada?  If so, it was way too short, but a nice getaway.

In Catalina, we climbed to the top of the mountain (bring water) and then came down right into the botanical gardens.  Was a nice hike.  We took the $2 city trolley to the starting point -- the driver is a local and she gave everyone a wonderful tour.

If we didn't have to have a flight attached to it, I'd definitely do it again and again. 

On 6/22/2020 at 6:21 PM, INeedAMaiTai said:

I'm booked on a 4 day out of LA in December too.  Maybe we'll be on the same one! (San Diego is a stop)  I'm still hopeful it will happen.  If it doesn't, that is ok too but I sure could use a vacation, even a short one!

8 minutes ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I'm booked on a 4 day out of LA in December too.  Maybe we'll be on the same one! (San Diego is a stop)  I'm still hopeful it will happen.  If it doesn't, that is ok too but I sure could use a vacation, even a short one!

We are booked for December 3rd.  Hope so too!

28 minutes ago, WAMarathoner said:

Is it the one stopping in Catalina and Ensenada?  If so, it was way too short, but a nice getaway.

In Catalina, we climbed to the top of the mountain (bring water) and then came down right into the botanical gardens.  Was a nice hike.  We took the $2 city trolley to the starting point -- the driver is a local and she gave everyone a wonderful tour.

If we didn't have to have a flight attached to it, I'd definitely do it again and again. 

It actually does San Diego and Ensenada.  It will be too short, but as you said, a nice getaway.

I actually backpacked the entire Trans Catalina Trail a couple of years ago.  The elevation gain and loss is intense.  But it was beautiful.

• Like 2

If any of your planned ports are Nassau in the Bahamas, don't expect it to be port stop as usual. Just read an article in which the harbormaster or port director was interviewed and he said that they will not permit cruise ship passengers to disembark and wander around at will as has been the norm since cruising began I suppose. Not sure what they were proposing to do to handle the port stop... so stay tuned as I don't think this will be the only one with information like this.

• Thanks 1