The Daily for Saturday Jul 4, 2020

richwmn

Happy Independence Day (U.S)

today is Alice in Wonderland Day and International Cherry Pit Spitting Day

Anything free is worth what you pay for it.

Meal suggestion for today - Hamburgers and Hot Dogs on the Grill

Wine for today - Drouhin Oregon Roserock Chardonnay Eola-Amity Hills vintage 2016

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Singapore eta 7/5
Eurodam destination Scheveningen eta 7/5
Maasdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17
Veendam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Punta Arenas eta 7/5

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Manila Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Rotterdam
Volendam
Zuiderdam

Singapore Anchorage
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 😄 

wow - I never knew Alice in Wonderland had it’s own day!

Love the quote.  Very true indeed.

Hamburgers sound like a great idea for dinner, thanks 🙂 

Happy Independence Day to you and all of our American friends 😄 

786567F7-4A77-447C-A855-F42CEEF5A8D1.gif.f202084b3e34dae4240d3ff064ee292b.gif

• Like 4

Good morning.  Happy Independence Day!

Thank you for the Daily Report.

I think it's wonderful that you continue this thread.  You give us information, thought provoking quotes, and meal and wine suggestions.

Keep up the good work.

Have a great day.  Stay healthy.

• Like 5

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my CC Sisters! Hope everyone in the USA finds a safe way to celebrate. 

One of my favorite 4th of July memories is my favorite Uncle would host watermelon seed spitting Contests at his annual family get together.  He had 38 nieces and nephews, so just picture the mayhem that ensued. 

We are doing takeout at my place today, though I am about to make a Meyer lemon pie in an Oreo crust. It will be festively decorated with blueberries & freeze dried strawberries, so when we add our whipped cream - it will be red, white & blue!

I am going to have to think on the quote for awhile. My sunrises, the local deer and local birds are free - though I guess technically I had to purchase a house to enjoy them. 

Stay well everyone!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 6

Good morning to my CC friends, sisters and thank you Rich for a very entertaining post.

I can cook again! Pots and pans never meant so much!

This morning I am watching cardinals at our neighbors feeder. They are so beautiful. I saw a baby armadillo walking near one of the clubhouses. We have lots and lots of deer here and the babies are growing so fast.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th. Please be careful!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

One of my favorite 4th of July memories is my favorite Uncle would host watermelon seed spitting Contests at his annual family get together.  He had 38 nieces and nephews, so just picture the mayhem that ensued. 

We are doing takeout at my place today, though I am about to make a Meyer lemon pie in an Oreo crust. It will be festively decorated with blueberries & freeze dried strawberries, so when we add our whipped cream - it will be red, white & blue!

I am going to have to think on the quote for awhile. My sun rises, the local deer and local birds are free - though I guess technically I had to purchase a house to enjoy them. 

Hi Cat! Your story reminds me we used to try spitting watermelon seeds too until I sucked one down my throat and had a coughing fit.

Your pie sounds amazing! Have a great day. XX

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Cherry Pit Spitting Day is a much refined version of the original Spitting Day. LOL   Love the quote, and the suggestion for dinner - I think we might have burgers and dogs on the bbq for ours tonight.  And wine.

Happy Independence Day to all my American friends around the world!

60+ Independence Day Of America Pictures And Greetings

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6

Thank you for the update Rich.  Love the saying, so true.  I was spitting cherry pits yesterday and have cherries left, so I will do it again today!🍒.  It's hot dogs for our dinner tonight along with watermelon 🍉 and cucumber salad.   If you are celebrating the 4th today🎉💥, please stay safe and remain healthy.

• Like 5

Thank you for the report.  I suspect July 4 will be a pretty routine day in most of Canada with the border closed.  I think the exception to that will be Halifax since today is also the 180th Anniversary of Cunard and I believe Sam Cunard lived there.

Roy

• Like 4

HAPPY 4th OF JULY TO ALL OF MY CCERS AND MY SISTERS!!! This is a special day also Because little Paisley turns 11 years old too!!! Will be celebrating here at home!

Usually we see a lot of fireworks over the water but this year Del Mar will not have any nor any other area here. We usually have a parade but that also has been canceled! BBQ is what will be doing.

🌺Cat, your pie sounds wonderful! Have a good 4th! 
🌺Joy, congratulations to the pots and pans👍👍. LOL! Have a safe 4th at your new home!
Take care to all! May your 4th be safe, and cherish the day with family and friends even if it is virtual to many! 
🌺 Dear Rich, Thank you for making The Daily a wonderful place to start the day with my coffee!! I miss Roy’s writings so much and his sunrise and sunset pictures he would always do for me! This is where I get my fix!! 
Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.5cc5f8ba902c40f586cab8c72cc1d932.jpeg

• Like 6

Thanks for the clever and entertaining info.  A highlight is the daily wine selection which I think you secretly choose by the most creative names you can find.   Safe and fun 4th of July everyone. We could all use some Vitamin Sea.   Cheers!!

Cindy

• Like 5

Eurodam didn't seem right when I checked her this morning, so I checked again. I might have clicked on the wrong ship. The map for both Cruise Mapper and Marine Traffic still show her to be in about the same place as yesterday and destination now shows awaiting orders. So I believe she is still at Singapore Anchorage, possibly as her "lay up" position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Eurodam didn't seem right when I checked her this morning, so I checked again. I might have clicked on the wrong ship. The map for both Cruise Mapper and Marine Traffic still show her to be in about the same place as yesterday and destination now shows awaiting orders. So I believe she is still at Singapore Anchorage, possibly as her "lay up" position.

My impression is she is still there except cruising a bit for operational reasons.

Roy

• Like 1

Happy Independence Day!  I love reading the daily dose of positivity here.  Everyone is so great at cheering for others!  I was so hungry for hotdogs, I even threw a pack into my grocery cart on Thursday!  Living alone and cooking for one has its challenges.

No fireworks here as we are under fire restrictions.  It is so dry.  Wish the monsoon weather would kick in.

• Like 4

Happy 4th of July to all the Americans!  And thank you, Rich, for the Daily news.  

We think our new neighbours may have arrived last night...  They were due to fly to Seattle from Texas, and then rent a car and drive, hoping to get the 7 p.m. ferry, if all went smoothly.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Okay, everyone.  You've talked us into having burgers and dogs on the grill, corn on the cob plus a nice classic pasta salad.  AND WINE!

No matter where you are in Georgia, it is going to be HOT and Dry today. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the report.  I suspect July 4 will be a pretty routine day in most of Canada with the border closed.  I think the exception to that will be Halifax since today is also the 180th Anniversary of Cunard and I believe Sam Cunard lived there.

Roy

I was going to post that, too, as  I received an email from Cunard this morning -  " On July 4, 1840, 180 years ago, the 1,100 ton steamship Britannia set out from Liverpool bound for Halifax, Nova Scotia and then on to Boston, Massachusetts. Although primarily intended to carry the Royal Mail, this inaugurated the first scheduled transatlantic steamship service, one that would ultimately transform trade, and forever link societies."

I know there is now an "Atlantic bubble" where residents from the Maritime provinces are allowed to cross the borders to visit each other, although there are check points where residency checks are being made, so definitely there will be visitors in Halifax!

• Like 2