Aft cabins on Liberty

We booked aft cabins on deck 8 on Jewel, sailing out of Galveston, for our cruise next year. Yesterday we were told that Jewel will not be sailing out of Galveston next year and our ship has been changed to Liberty. Working with our TA I was able to get aft cabins on deck 7 on Liberty for the same price we paid on Jewel. The deck plans for Liberty say the cabins have obstructed views. We have cruised in aft cabins on Adventure, which also has obstructed views, and had no problem with the "obstruction". I know Voyager class and Freedom class ships are similar in design. Is the "obstructed" view on Liberty any worse than on Adventure?

32 minutes ago, packedandready said:

I think what they are talking about is the aft deck (I think it's a crew deck) on deck 5. We didn't find it bothersome at all. Can't see straight down but no other issues.

On Adventure there was the deck you are talking about but there was also some structural steel. As you said, you cannot look straight down to the water but other than that, the views were great. This is what we saw from our balcony on Adventure. I'm assuming the view from Liberty is similar.

IMG_1070.JPG

Edited by cruiseguy1016

We had 7408 on Liberty and if you walked to the rail and looked straight down yes you saw the blue but even from a few feet back you couldn't see it. On that one there is also the side window/railing and that looks straight down to the water. That balcony was awesome we spent way more time out there than any other balcony.

We had an aft cabin on Liberty in 2018, albeit on deck 10.  I had no problem with obstructed views. You see some of the superstructure but the views are still fabulous. Great big balconies too.  I will book aft cabins every chance I get.

Panoramic leaving Galveston

IMG_1473.jpeg

First Sunset

IMG_1480.jpeg

Big Deck

IMG_1472.jpeg

It doesn't get better than this... 

IMG_1539.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier

2 hours ago, Nemomof3 said:

We had 7408 on Liberty and if you walked to the rail and looked straight down yes you saw the blue but even from a few feet back you couldn't see it. On that one there is also the side window/railing and that looks straight down to the water. That balcony was awesome we spent way more time out there than any other balcony.

7408 is one of the ones we have booked. We love the aft balconies because of their size. We have three sea days on this cruise so I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time on our balconies.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm booked deck 9 corner aft cabin. Seems like we got someone with every deck

Is one deck better than others?

The only slightly negative with aft deck #10 is having the WJ above you. You'll enjoy deck #9 we've been in #9708 three times...great views and location. Just be aware there is a service door used by crew next to #9704...it's nice when they don't let the door slam.

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

The only slightly negative with aft deck #10 is having the WJ above you. You'll enjoy deck #9 we've been in #9708 three times...great views and location. Just be aware there is a service door used by crew next to #9704...it's nice when they don't let the door slam.

I'll have to go look, thought it said 9404  corner on aft of liberty. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'll have to go look, thought it said 9404  corner on aft of liberty. 

There might be one on the starboard side too but I know there is a service door on the portside.

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We stayed in 7408 on Liberty and absolutely loved all the extra space and view in both directions.

IMG_4640.jpg

Thank you for this picture! It confirms what I was hoping the balcony would look like. I just double checked my reservation and our two cabins are on the port side, not starboard. That means we have 7708 & 7710. I know 7708 will be a mirror image of this one. But, as long as people are showing, does anyone have a picture of 7710 or 7410 so we can see what the other balcony will be like?

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We booked aft cabins on deck 8 on Jewel, sailing out of Galveston, for our cruise next year. Yesterday we were told that Jewel will not be sailing out of Galveston next year and our ship has been changed to Liberty. Working with our TA I was able to get aft cabins on deck 7 on Liberty for the same price we paid on Jewel. The deck plans for Liberty say the cabins have obstructed views. We have cruised in aft cabins on Adventure, which also has obstructed views, and had no problem with the "obstruction". I know Voyager class and Freedom class ships are similar in design. Is the "obstructed" view on Liberty any worse than on Adventure?

The aft sections of Voyager class ships and Freedom class ships are IDENTICAL.  (except for the numbering)

IDENTICAL.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Ahhh lol. 9704 is port side grand suite. The title of the thread was aft cabins. 9404 is the corner as I said, corner balcony, not one of the suites in between. Lol those balconies did look awfully large. 

I am booked in aft corner balcony, 9404. Those pictures seemed too good to be what I booked, but i do have the aft corner balcony. Well someday, but not what I have booked.

Yours is one of the cabins in the middle in green. Mine is the corner pink cabin balcony. Aw well apples and oranges. 

20200707_180235820.jpeg

51 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ahhh lol. 9704 is port side grand suite. The title of the thread was aft cabins. 9404 is the corner as I said, corner balcony, not one of the suites in between. Lol those balconies did look awfully large. 

I am booked in aft corner balcony, 9404. Those pictures seemed too good to be what I booked, but i do have the aft corner balcony. Well someday, but not what I have booked.

Yours is one of the cabins in the middle in green. Mine is the corner pink cabin balcony. Aw well apples and oranges. 

20200707_180235820.jpeg

Enjoy this aft location...I know you will :classic_biggrin:

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Corner aft Balconies on deck 7 are pretty much the largest on entire ships including the suites.

I could have picked deck 7. Good info to have. When they changed me from allure to libety my ta called that night and the ship was wide open. I thought about a hump balcony but like the aft view.

It's way out late march 2022. Only the furthest out humps on deck 8 taken, everything else wide open.

It was a case of decide now, what do you want, ta was on hold and I had to decide fast.

Well if I ever get the chance again, I'll ask for deck 7, though the balconys on deck 9 look longer to me on the deck plans than regular. I'm sure I'll like it. Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Best. Cruise. Ever was in a deck 10 aft balcony. Don't remember if I even noticed any WJ noise. It's worth pointing out, and maybe it might have somebody go to a different aft balcony, but nobody should ever pass up an aft balcony out of fear of WJ noise. 

10 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Best. Cruise. Ever was in a deck 10 aft balcony. Don't remember if I even noticed any WJ noise. It's worth pointing out, and maybe it might have somebody go to a different aft balcony, but nobody should ever pass up an aft balcony out of fear of WJ noise. 

We have had deck 10 corner aft balconies on a few different ships, multiple times and have never had an issue with noise from the WJ above.

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

That was what we were warned before our first cruise in an aft cabin that was on deck 10.  We had no problem at all with noise and loved it so much we booked another one.  That one was noise free as well.  

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I could have picked deck 7. Good info to have. When they changed me from allure to libety my ta called that night and the ship was wide open. I thought about a hump balcony but like the aft view.

It's way out late march 2022. Only the furthest out humps on deck 8 taken, everything else wide open.

It was a case of decide now, what do you want, ta was on hold and I had to decide fast.

Well if I ever get the chance again, I'll ask for deck 7, though the balconys on deck 9 look longer to me on the deck plans than regular. I'm sure I'll like it. Thanks. 

Deck 9 are much narrower, keep looking for deck 7, square footage wise it can't be matched What week you sailing?

Edited by Jimbo