Chance of mid Feb. 5 night cruise out of MIA happening?

No way to know at this point. Unless things change drastically in the next few months, I don’t see any cruises sailing until at least January. Even then, all ships will not start sailing immediately. All of the major cruise lines have indicated they will have a phased approach when sailing resumes, starting with a few ships and adding more if things go well. It will probably take 4-5 months to get all ships sailing again once they start, so expect some cancellations to continue even after cruise start sailing again.

• Like 1

It is a wait and see, but it sure isn’t looking promising as of right now.  Later in the month would be more promising than early in the month.  

Edited by A&L_Ont

I have a B2B southern caribbean booked for mid March. I'm watching air and will probably book before the end of July on DL to get the one time change if needed. I have a May, July and October cruise booked I can use the flight on. Keeping a positive thought that we'll be able to go.

We have a late January out of Miami.  Although I hope to be on it, I have made alternative plans.  I give it a 20% chance.

I am more hopeful for our May family cruise.

9 hours ago, 3redheads said:

I was looking at a cruise out of MIA later in the month, but I was unsure if I cancel if I get a future credit or refund if within the allowable time frame to get 100% back. 

Does anyone know?

As long as the cruise is booked before Aug 1 then you can cancel up to 48 hours prior to the date of sailing and get a 100% FCC.  If Royal cancels the cruise a 100% cash refund has been an option 

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As long as the cruise is booked before Aug 1 then you can cancel up to 48 hours prior to the date of sailing and get a 100% FCC.  If Royal cancels the cruise a 100% cash refund has been an option 

Does that include cruises booked before Covid?  I’d like to think I might make our March cruise but we booked well over a year ago.  I also wonder if we have paid and the border is still closed what will RC do if we can’t go even if the ship is?

Like everyone else posting this is just my opinion, but I don't see any cruises starting up before early/late spring 2021.  Not saying there might not be a few test runs before then, but nothing that I would gamble on.  Even with a vaccine, I think it will be summer before things are running smoothly and if there isn't a vaccine, then all bets are off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Does that include cruises booked before Covid?  I’d like to think I might make our March cruise but we booked well over a year ago.  I also wonder if we have paid and the border is still closed what will RC do if we can’t go even if the ship is?

Yes it absolutely does. 

As far as  the border goes, the same 48 hours prior to date of sailing woukd apply, it woukd be a FCC although if that were the situation I expect that it's not a surprise and that Royal woukd have addressed that prior to a few days before. 

Well,  I am a little more optimistic than most.  January is a long ways off.  Things were terrible here in NY earlier this spring and now infections are way down.  Hopeful,  things will improve in Florida in a couple months.  Of course, if we get another wave in the Fall, all bets are off.  I would just sit tight and see how things with Covid are in October.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So no refund if I book now and cancel?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes it absolutely does. 

As far as  the border goes, the same 48 hours prior to date of sailing woukd apply, it woukd be a FCC although if that were the situation I expect that it's not a surprise and that Royal woukd have addressed that prior to a few days before. 

Perfect. I just have to get past paying for the RLS in December plus flights, just to possibly have more FCC and airfare credits. 

56 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Well,  I am a little more optimistic than most.  January is a long ways off.  Things were terrible here in NY earlier this spring and now infections are way down.  Hopeful,  things will improve in Florida in a couple months.  Of course, if we get another wave in the Fall, all bets are off.  I would just sit tight and see how things with Covid are in October.

I have to ask a question, to which I am fairly sure I already know the answer. Is NYC back to normal now?  How many more months will it take to get back to normal? I think one needs to add that amount of time onto California, Texas and Florida’s possible start dates for cruises before the lines consider heading to sea.  I think that might be a realistic time frame.

Another alternative, a vaccine is found and is administered to the masses or Covid just disappears. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Perfect. I just have to get past paying for the RLS in December plus flights, just to possibly have more FCC and airfare credits. 

I have to ask a question, to which I am fairly sure I already know the answer. Is NYC back to normal now?  How many more months will it take to get back to normal? I think one needs to add that amount of time onto California, Texas and Florida’s possible start dates for cruises before the lines consider heading to sea.

Another alternative, a vaccine is found and is administered to the masses or Covid just disappears. 

I can tell you CT’s journey, which is heavily influenced by NYC. Our peak was April, roughly 2000 hospitalizations, 40 deaths a day. State population is 3.2M. Closure of most things started around March 14th. Schools, non essential everything. What stayed open were manufacturing businesses, grocery stores, etc. 

Numbers started declining late April into May. Phase 1 reopening occurred on May 20. Outside dining only, capacity limited, no movies, gyms, nail/hair salons. Retail stores could open with limited capacity, etc. 

Salons etc opened on June 1. Masks, plexiglass, etc. Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun opened early June. All numbers continued to decline through May and into June. Phase 2 was June 20. Inside dining with limited capacity and social distancing. Outside gatherings limited in size. No bars. 

Phase 3 was to begin July 20 but has been put off indefinitely. Numbers continue to trend downward. Current total hospitalizations is 77, even had two “zero death” days last week. Mask use is almost universal with few exceptions. 

Initially our outbreaks were in Fairfield county which borders NY and sometimes seems like the sixth borough. We were running roughly two weeks behind NYC. It spread along the I-95 corridor, probably more because of the Metro-North commuter railroad which goes to NYC and is one of the most heavily travelled commuter lines. As time has marched on, Hartford County has surpassed Fairfield in deaths and cases. 

At this point, schools are slated to reopen in late August—- my daughter is a first grade teacher and is not looking forward to it.

I would rather have told this story over a cold one in the SL.😀😀

Stay well.

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have to ask a question, to which I am fairly sure I already know the answer. Is NYC back to normal now?  How many more months will it take to get back to normal? I think one needs to add that amount of time onto California, Texas and Florida’s possible start dates for cruises before the lines consider heading to sea.  I think that might be a realistic time frame.

Things arent back to normal yet in NYC.  I live in Long Island and commute into NYC into work except my office is still closed.  It may reopen later this month at significantly reduced capacity.  My community's pool reopened this weekend, some day camps have have reopened last week or are reopening this week.  The malls in Long Island reopened this week. Things are slowly getting back to normal.  I went out to eat for the first time in 4 months this weekend.  I things wont be full back to normal for sometime.  However, people in NY are more cautious about this than the Southern States so I think Florida will reopen more quickly when their infection rate comes down to where we are.  Plus, I am optimistic about the vaccine.

Edited by Crazy planning mom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

One way or another I think come December your decision will be much easier than if you had to decide today for next March. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One way or another I think come December your decision will be much easier than if you had to decide today for next March. 

Agreed.  I’m holding off booking flights for now, and for a while. 

• Like 1

Its a moving target right now. after our April cruise was cancelled booked a July cruise, also cancelled.

Keeping FCC, refunds on credit cards, flights and insurance all straight is crazy.

I just moved flights I had booked for my July cruise to December for a cruise I am hoping will happen.

I actually have flights for an Oct cruise that I just lifted and shifted that I am going to move to a February cruise.

On 7/13/2020 at 8:03 AM, A&L_Ont said:

yes