Will Florida cruises start back up in October?

31 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, 1st choice would be my Nov/Dec 2020 Cruises over the Fall2021. Scored Aft/Corner B3B on Vision day they were released 19months ago. Haven't been on the Ship Class in 18+ yrs, might been my last chance as she and her sister ships are retired.  

Totally understand that. We had our Grandeur cruise cancelled for June to Canada/SE US. We so wanted to sail on her again just once. That is looking iffy since all this shifting means 2021 is getting pretty booked. We did have a great Aft OS on the Empress (we have yet to sail on her), but that one also bites the dust (it was the 10/31 and we gave up hope days ago and sent that week to 2021. Maybe a miracle will happen and we can board in the fall 2020... it would be fantastic!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Totally understand that. We had our Grandeur cruise cancelled for June to Canada/SE US. We so wanted to sail on her again just once. That is looking iffy since all this shifting means 2021 is getting pretty booked. We did have a great Aft OS on the Empress (we have yet to sail on her), but that one also bites the dust (it was the 10/31 and we gave up hope days ago and sent that week to 2021. Maybe a miracle will happen and we can board in the fall 2020... it would be fantastic!

Have many Fond Memories of Grandeur myself. First saw her 24yrs ago, just Beautiful. Was also my first 10niter in 2002 and also first Cruise with just me and my Young Ones, this as Single Father raising a 10, 5 and 3yr olds. 3yr old was sick for couple days in Evening I'd drop older 2 in Kids Program while Dad/Wee One(in her PJ's) would sit in quiet area of Balcony to watch Main Shows. Was actually on Enchantment just me and the kids week of 9/11. Sad when Class is retired, Empress too, wishing you all the Luck/Miracle with GOS...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

But the Covid-19 parties are still happening.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-residents-covid-19-parties

I kinda doubt this is unique to the Sunshine State.

Never mind, just read the article.

Key word - supposedly 😉

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

We all know the answer. Money Money MON-EEEY!!!  ....Have 3 Finals due in Aug myself, one every 2 weeks for Nov Cruises

Are you going to make them? We are wondering about ours. And whether to use FCC from previously cancelled ones or CC or do L&S.

Edited by Arzeena

6 hours ago, rimmit said:

I should have added that I meant out of the US. 

We are great at shooting ourselves in the foot and our litigation in the US is second to none.

At least we have enough time to read "The Room Where It Happened" and hope that a new generation will lead the country at some point and make it great again 🙂

6 hours ago, rimmit said:

Every time this thread comes up I ask the same thing.  What has changed now versus March that has allowed cruising to be safer?

Is the virus less prevalent? 
No

Is there a miracle drug?

No.

Is there a vaccine?

No.

Do we have herd immunity?

No.

Is the virus SIGNIFICANTLY less virulent?

No.

Has Covid magically disappeared from

the earth?

No.

Until we get some major change in how the virus acts or we can manage it, cruises will continue to not sail.

Numbers are getting worse in the US, so how can someone realistically expect to see a major cruiseline to start offering sailings any time soon / still this year.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Are you going to make them? We are wondering about ours. And whether to use FCC from previously cancelled ones or CC.

Still deciding but most likely 1st and 2nd, by 3rd Cruise should know canceled/not. Have 2 Cruises 2021 Mar/Apr, and 3 each 2021 Jun/July, Aug/Sept and Oct/Nov. Already have 2 FCC applied but still use more FCC long as keep the 125% going...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Yep.  Some seem to think we need to hide from it for a long time  Not a good plan.

But the state and local leaders think they have it figured out, masks forever.

I'm about to go on my bike ride on a remote rural trail this morning, there will be idiots riding alone out there in the woods wearing masks.

I would say the one NOT wearing masks are the Idiots.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Yep.  Some seem to think we need to hide from it for a long time  Not a good plan.

But the state and local leaders think they have it figured out, masks forever.

I'm about to go on my bike ride on a remote rural trail this morning, there will be idiots riding alone out there in the woods wearing masks.

Maybe the people you call “idiots” feel safer with a mask. 

So be it
Calling anyone an idiot is just mean.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

I kinda doubt this is unique to the Sunshine State.

Never mind, just read the article.

Key word - supposedly 😉

Yeah, I posted in jest, mostly. 

Too often, someone will point to a large gathering - party in the Ozarks, protests in NYC, SpaceX launch, etc - and when cases don't spike 2 weeks later, declare it media hoax or sensation.

It would be great if 1 event was causing the spread cause then there might be a chance of containing it. Instead, it is spreading thru everyday living aka community spread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rbell said:

I would say the one NOT wearing masks are the Idiots.

Yeah I guess you're right, it's real smart to wear a mask in 80 degree weather while riding your bike alone on a trail where you might pass another rider 6-8 feet away every 10 minutes.   Of course even smarter are the ones driving alone wearing masks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

While everyone is wondering about a Cruises and a vaccine by October, I want to know if we will see Lysol and Clorox disinfectant wipes by October.  Half of the CC community won't sail unless they are able to wipe down the walls, closets drawers, and remotes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

While everyone is wondering about a Cruises and a vaccine by October, I want to know if we will see Lysol and Clorox disinfectant wipes by October.  Half of the CC community won't sail unless they are able to wipe down the walls, closets drawers, and remotes.

We picked up both in the last month from SAMS. The Clorox wipes were in a 5 pack, 1 per Customer. We found Lysol spray as well and the wipes on EBay. The boss was able to get them for her Medical Office from a Medical Supply company (and PPE, masks, hand sanitizer). 

M8

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We picked up both in the last month from SAMS. The Clorox wipes were in a 5 pack, 1 per Customer. We found Lysol spray as well and the wipes on EBay. The boss was able to get them for her Medical Office from a Medical Supply company (and PPE, masks, hand sanitizer). 

M8

I have been every where. Unless you are there the minute that they put them out you can't get them. My father went to the local 5 & 10 and was able to get one container. They had a one per customer limit. He went back in the afternoon to buy another one and they were sold out.  

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, molly361 said:

The no cruise in October announcement will come August 17th, the day after final payment for our October cruise😇

They may wait until the end of the month so they can catch a few more final payments to hold onto for a few months.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have been every where. Unless you are there the minute that they put them out you can't get them. My father went to the local 5 & 10 and was able to get one container. They had a one per customer limit. He went back in the afternoon to buy another one and they were sold out.  

Try shopping on SAMS app (membership required) late at night. Often, many of those scarce items show up. TP, Paper Towels, Lysol, Clorox Wipes, Hand Sanitizer. We have scored them. 

M8

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Try shopping on SAMS app (membership required) late at night. Often, many of those scarce items show up. TP, Paper Towels, Lysol, Clorox Wipes, Hand Sanitizer. We have scored them. 

M8

Thanks we only have one Sam's on Long Island and I'm not a member. I shop Walmart at odd hours and they won't even let you purchase hard to get items online for pickup or delivery. I belong to BJ's and haven't had any luck. I asked my father what my grandmother used for cleaning. He said they didn't even have paper towels back then. She used a bucket of water with bleach and a rag. I'm just too spoiled I guess. We mix bleach and water in a spray bottle. I'm sure we are using way more bleach than we have to. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Yeah I guess you're right, it's real smart to wear a mask in 80 degree weather while riding your bike alone on a trail where you might pass another rider 6-8 feet away every 10 minutes.   Of course even smarter are the ones driving alone wearing masks.

Some people are wearing masks when alone to help curb their unconscious tendency to touch their faces. https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/what-to-know/symptoms-prevention/not-touch-face

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Seems like the average person wont see lysol wipes or spray for a very long time.  My DH said he saw a ups delivery guy drop a case of lysol that was being delivered to a restaurant.  He said the cans were rolling down the parking lot.  Shame he couldnt grab a can!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Seems like the average person wont see lysol wipes or spray for a very long time.  My DH said he saw a ups delivery guy drop a case of lysol that was being delivered to a restaurant.  He said the cans were rolling down the parking lot.  Shame he couldnt grab a can!

You can buy both on EBay if will to pay the price. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

I live in Washington State. A few days ago as I was checking out at Costco the cashier asked if I found everything I wanted. When I replid I couldn't find any Clorox wipes she had her bagger/boxer run off for a few seconds and came back with a five pack for $9.98. I think they reserve some for situations like that.

• Like 2

IF you can find it, Windex makes a disinfectant spray that I think smells better than the Lysol spray, which makes me gag. Seems most people want Lysol wipes and spray, but this Windex Multi-surface Disinfectant Cleaner is just as effective (disinfects if sprayed and left for 10 minutes) and creates less waste than the wipes. 😊

• Like 2

If you get to Walmart right when it opens and go directly to the cleaning aisle, you can sometimes get wipes.  Also try Home Depot & Lowes.

No cruises from the U.S. until Spring 2021 at the earliest, is my official guess.

• Like 2