If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

7 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Does that really matter when the vaccines have shown 99% efficacy in the real world? 

Really? 99% efficacy in the real world? That is fantastic news. Is that both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines?

45 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Really helpful post.

I'd say it is just the truth.  Once a thread goes too far down the wormhole it is hard to return.  

You could call it science as I have seen this experiment play out here again and again, with the same outcome.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'd say it is just the truth.  Once a thread goes too far down the wormhole it is hard to return.  

You could call it science as I have seen this experiment play out here again and again, with the same outcome.

haha if you believed in science 🤣🤣🤣

Back to the subject - I answered ‘yes of course’ to this question about getting the vaccine in July. I am still pro vaccine, and I hope that it is mandatory for all cruising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

While it is true children are less likely to be infected and die, it still happens.  "At least 172 children had died as of Dec. 17. About 1.8% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations and 0.07% of the deaths have been among children."  Yes, dated stats but still applicable.  

Guess we better lockdown again

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The test environemnt we will see applied for the Odyssey cruises out of Israel will be the new normal for cruising, hence every passenger 16 and above will need to be vaccinated in order to be able to cruise and this will very likely stay this way for years to come. Likely once the vaccinations are approved for children below 16 this requirement will be adjusted accordingly.

53 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Kinda of surprised it wasn't padlocked over the weekend. I guess the point of no return was pushed down the road.

EDIT: Just realized this thread is from last July. I've lost track of the various polls, vaccine and Fauci threads.  lol

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Not sure about him still holding a job.  Somehow I doubt it.

What is sure is that we would have a much lower death toll.

Please be careful....you do well getting threads to the ‘shutdown’ point....I just picked up popcorn and am afraid I won’t have time to finish it. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2021 at 2:41 PM, lizzius said:

It's much easier to argue against a strawman than accept the nuance of someone's position. I hope more will come along... I think we're nearly at the point where it's not ok to be quiet about continued restrictions in the face of falling hospitalizations and death statistics.

The CDC issued a warning just today that the fall in cases has plateaued, staying at 70,000+ new cases a day. She was concerned that she was seeing some governors and states rolling back mask and other precautions. She warned that the variants are out there and spreading. She warned that this is NOT the time to roll back any precautions when we are so close and would destroy all the work everyone has done for the past year.  She asked everyone to stay the course for just a bit longer.

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Do you see any conflict when you say the boss, who made the vaccine development happen in record time, was anti-science? 

Sorry, the boss had absolutely nothing to with the vaccine development in record time.

It was scientists around the world throwing knowledge, resources, and money at a problem. This kind of global push for a vaccine has never happened in the past.

It had nothing to do with a single person.  In fact, many of these vaccines are being developed in cooperation with different countries. Take Pfizer, which is being funded by BioNTech, a German company.

Edited by cured
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, cured said:

The CDC issued a warning just today that the fall in cases has plateaued, staying at 70,000+ new cases a day. She was concerned that she was seeing some governors and states rolling back mask and other precautions. She warned that the variants are out there and spreading. She warned that this is NOT the time to roll back any precautions when we are so close and would destroy all the work everyone has done for the past year.  She asked everyone to stay the course for just a bit longer.

Not a problem here.  We do not have any restrictions other then businesses who ask you wear a mask and social distance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Is J&J testing efficacy for a second shot?

They also said last week that they were starting trials for infants and up. Won't be long before there is a vaccine for children.

On 2/28/2021 at 4:07 PM, mek said:

Oh - I have a feeling that if proof of vaccination is required that passengers will still have to have a negative Covid test to board.

We will let you know in August if they open us as a have a cruise scheduled then. 

Religion has made an appearance in Nola vaccinations:

"The Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans is asking Catholics to avoid the recently-approved Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, which it says is “morally compromised” by its “extensive use of abortion-derived cell lines.”

In a statement on Friday, the archdiocese noted that while deciding whether to receive the vaccine is an individual choice, that “the latest vaccine from Janssen/Johnson & Johnson is morally compromised as it uses the abortion-derived cell line in development and production of the vaccine as well as the testing.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/orleans-archdiocese-asks-catholics-avoid-204653911.html

4 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Does that really matter when the vaccines have shown 99% efficacy in the real world? 

99%, can you provide the facts on this...and don't link me to Fox, CNN, MSNBC et al, FACTS please

I really do hope it won't be the case to get children vaccinated to be able to cruise. It is one thing for my husband and I to get it but there is absolutely no way will I get my teenage daughter to get vaccine. As I have expressed in a previous post, my fears are IF it causes infertility and no one knows the answer to that right now even though some have said it doesn't who actually 100% knows... no-one. So I would not risk it for my daughter so she has the choice about children in to the future. so its a deal breaker for us... no cruising at all if that is the case. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, life is to be happy said:

I really do hope it won't be the case to get children vaccinated to be able to cruise. It is one thing for my husband and I to get it but there is absolutely no way will I get my teenage daughter to get vaccine. As I have expressed in a previous post, my fears are IF it causes infertility and no one knows the answer to that right now even though some have said it doesn't who actually 100% knows... no-one. So I would not risk it for my daughter so she has the choice about children in to the future. so its a deal breaker for us... no cruising at all if that is the case. 

I thought that I might have missed something, but I did not.  I just checked on the Covid vaccine causing infertility.  NO EVIDENCE!  Where did u get this from?  Did you daughter get a measles, DPT, or a flu shot.  No more likelihood of infertility here.  My next cruise is 12/22 with my grandchildren, who have all had Covid and will all be getting vaccinated.  I will not be on a ship with your unvaccinated daughter!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I thought that I might have missed something, but I did not.  I just checked on the Covid vaccine causing infertility.  NO EVIDENCE!  Where did u get this from?  Did you daughter get a measles, DPT, or a flu shot.  No more likelihood of infertility here.  My next cruise is 12/22 with my grandchildren, who have all had Covid and will all be getting vaccinated.  I will not be on a ship with your unvaccinated daughter!

How old are your grandchildren?

18 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Better shut down schools next flu season !

Many dont realize one yr ago from Fall 2019-Feb 2020 US had over 400K Influenza cases go to the Hospital. Unless a Major outbreak in a School they stay open. My Kids/Grands caught it in Feb2020, tested positive few weeks b4 I flew in there for Covid Lockdown... My Kid/SIL just got there CV Vaccine last nite.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Many dont realize one yr ago from Fall 2019-Feb 2020 US had over 400K Influenza cases go to the Hospital. Unless a Major outbreak in a School they stay open. My Kids/Grands caught it in Feb2020, tested positive few weeks b4 I flew in there for Covid Lockdown... My Kid/SIL just got there CV Vaccine last nite.

Yep, flu is no joke.  Never had it though.  

• Like 2