If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 9:09 PM, shorti503 said:

There is no way to know long term side effects to so early on.

Forget the long term. When will people begin to understand that any long term effects of a vaccine with with 95% efficacy, with no serious reactions in hundreds of thousands of volunteers, let alone no deaths, far, far, outweigh the definite short term effects of 𝘯𝘰𝘵 taking a vaccine for a disease with such horrifying, extreme, harrowing effects, and certainly including hundreds of thousands more deaths, disease, and poverty - if not for yourself, others around you, and around the world. The extraordinary benefits completely eclipse ANY possible negative.

Might I also add that volunteer test results from these vaccine trials have been more successful than any other in history, except for the Chicken Pox vaccine - coincidentally another very recently developed vaccine.

It is SAFE people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

The vaccine will save lives and allow a slow resumption of normalcy.

I will add to that it is vaccination that will eventually allow resumption of cruising. Those who resist getting  vaccinated are delaying the return of normalcy and cruising. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

Forget the long term. When will people begin to understand that any long term effects of a vaccine with with 95% efficacy, with no serious reactions in hundreds of thousands of volunteers, let alone no deaths, far, far, outweigh the definite short term effects of 𝘯𝘰𝘵 taking a vaccine for a disease with such horrifying, extreme, harrowing effects, and certainly including hundreds of thousands more deaths, disease, and poverty - if not for yourself, others around you, and around the world. The extraordinary benefits completely eclipse ANY possible negative.

Might I also add that volunteer test results from these vaccine trials have been more successful than any other in history, except for the Chicken Pox vaccine - coincidentally another very recently developed vaccine.

It is SAFE people.

Thanks for your informative post.  We will get the vaccine as soon as we can.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 7:24 AM, ace2542 said:

I wonder if the TV companies have done this already or enrolled the main cast members in vaccine trials but spread a bit of money about to ensure they get the vaccine not the placebo. I have noticed half the cast of SVU are not wearing masks or only wearing them in hospital or public settings at least and there is not a mask in the sight on the blacklist.

SNL still going on.  Guess they are considered more essential than restaurants in NYC.

4 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Guess they are considered more essential than restaurants in NYC

Perhaps it is time the people in New York learn to cook their own dinners.

Does anyone even live there anymore? Hasn't everyone who wasn't born there - but moved there after college or when they 18 or whatever to chase their dreams - moved away now?. Being serious now a large amount of people have moved away haven't they like millions and the streets are deserted like I am legend aren't they?

21 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Does anyone even live there anymore? Hasn't everyone who wasn't born there - but moved there after college or when they 18 or whatever to chase their dreams - moved away now?. Being serious now a large amount of people have moved away haven't they like millions and the streets are deserted like I am legend aren't they?

Not sure I don't live there.   I know they pay a lot of $$$ to live there and it doesn't seem their overlords spend their tax dollars well.  Crime is up, that is indisputable.  So I wouldn't blame them to move out to the burbs. 

I enjoy visiting NYC for business, its a very magical place.  Would never want to live there though!  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Crime is up, that is indisputable

Yes it is up. Crime has been much higher in the past to be fair. Not even in the 90s. When I lived there in 06 there 500 murders a year easy. That is compared to 300 ever year for a couple of years until this.  According to the crime stats total crime is ever so slightly down like 0.58% this year.

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

To answer your questions:

We cook and eat 98% of our meals at home.  I don't understand the basis for your comment.

Yes, we happily live here.  Our oldest daughter, a College professor, and her husband, an FDNY lieutenant, made the choice to move back here from Long Island, primarily for the educational benefits for their children.  They continue to chase their dreams.  I'm the first in my family to graduate from college and earn a post graduate degree.  Why?  Because NYC provided me with a free college education.

No, the streets are not deserted and millions have not left the city.  Obviously, in midtown Manhattan, there are considerably less tourists making for less congested streets.  The outer boroughs are pretty much the same.

Hope this helps your understanding of my home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

To answer your questions:

We cook and eat 98% of our meals at home.  I don't understand the basis for your comment.

Yes, we happily live here.  Our oldest daughter, a College professor, and her husband, an FDNY lieutenant, made the choice to move back here from Long Island, primarily for the educational benefits for their children.  They continue to chase their dreams.  I'm the first in my family to graduate from college and earn a post graduate degree.  Why?  Because NYC provided me with a free college education.

No, the streets are not deserted and millions have not left the city.  Obviously, in midtown Manhattan, there are considerably less tourists making for less congested streets.  The outer boroughs are pretty much the same.

Hope this helps your understanding of my home.

Any chance you can convince your friends to stay??  Florida is crowded enough already.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

How will we know the vaccine is working?  Will the survival rate from the virus go from 99.7% to 99.9%?

Good question.  If the efficacy success rate of the vaccine is 95%, what happens to the other 5%?

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

How will we know the vaccine is working?  Will the survival rate from the virus go from 99.7% to 99.9%?

Survival rate will probably not change.  Maybe though, instead of 10,000 people contracting the virus over the course of a day, only 3,000 will and instead of 30 people eventually dying, there will be 9:who pass away.

14 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Survival rate will probably not change.  Maybe though, instead of 10,000 people contracting the virus over the course of a day, only 3,000 will and instead of 30 people eventually dying, there will be 9:who pass away.

I'm way more interested in seeing the suicide and opioid overdose rates decline seeing as they have tripled since the lockdowns were implemented.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm way more interested in seeing the suicide and opioid overdose rates decline seeing as they have tripled since the lockdowns were implemented.

Your interest in seeing a decline in suicide and overdose rates is admirable; so too, is your segue away from the question you posed about the efficacy of CV-19 vaccines.

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

No.  The number of people that contract the disease will go way down.  Do you really not know/understand this?  I figured it was pretty much common sense.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

We cook and eat 98% of our meals at home.  I don't understand the basis for your comment

Well the people I know eat out or take out 98% of the time. Not 98% maybe but it is pretty damn high. They get lunch and dinner from work or use their expense accounts.

Edited by ace2542