Do you like the new logo?

15 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I don't care if the logo was a burnt pork chop.  I can't wait until ships are sailing from U.S. ports again.

Not only am I ready to cruise but your post has me ready to fire up the BBQ.  Only thing missing is skewers full of grilled pineapple. 

image.png.4faafd916fafec142bd37e3eab0cc21f.pngimage.png.75b71eb5e633a4c109e6f8a372817023.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looks like a logo for some Watch brand (like Ulyss Nardin or smth). Overall and in general it looks just fine, I mean what else should you expect from the a cruise company logo lol? I think its a little to "sea blue". Should have been a bit lighter in blue, otherwise its a bit hard on my eyes. I doubt they will use the same dark blue for the rest of their accessories and merchandise 

40 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Royal Caribbean has a new logo, Changes to the logo include sharpening the points of the crown and anchor and adding a surrounding circle. 

595A2B36-903B-4C38-AE99-F6FD4CA4FCAA.jpeg

What does that do for for us? Nothing! What a total waste of money. Who will really know or see the difference and who will really care? Not being negative,  just realistic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

I don't care if the logo was a burnt pork chop.  I can't wait until ships are sailing from U.S. ports again.

Same here, the logo can be whatever, just put me on a Royal Cruise ship and I will be happy

11 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

We don't need a new logo, we need a website that works and timely refunds!

Refunds when called for haven't been a problem for me....However...their website...they should have left it alone years ago when it actually was user friendly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pratique said:

I could be wrong but I think this is only the logo for the "group" and not for Royal Caribbean International. AFAIK the cruise line is keeping it's old logo.

This is certainly how I read the announcement on it yesterday when I saw it on Twitter. It's for the larger parent company I believe.

I don't think we're about to see this version slapped on the side of the ships and over all the merchandise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JP82 said:

This is certainly how I read the announcement on it yesterday when I saw it on Twitter. It's for the larger parent company I believe.

I don't think we're about to see this version slapped on the side of the ships and over all the merchandise.

That's correct.  

"Royal Caribbean’s parent company dropped the word “Cruises” from its official name Thursday. Formerly “Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.” the cruise conglomerate will now officially be “Royal Caribbean Group,” according to a news release. The parent company is often confused with its flagship cruise-line, Royal Caribbean International."

https://www.rclinvestor.com/press-releases/release/?id=1486

Before and After: 

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 7.57.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 7.57.30 AM.png

Edited by livingonthebeach

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

That's correct.  

"Royal Caribbean’s parent company dropped the word “Cruises” from its official name Thursday. Formerly “Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.” the cruise conglomerate will now officially be “Royal Caribbean Group,” according to a news release. The parent company is often confused with its flagship cruise-line, Royal Caribbean International."

https://www.rclinvestor.com/press-releases/release/?id=1486

This is not correct. The press release makes clear: "Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is the operating business name for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd."

RCCL is still the parent company, but the "group" of companies including the parent RCCL and subsidiaries RCI, etc., will collectively be called Royal Caribbean Group.

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

This is not correct. The press release makes clear: "Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is the operating business name for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd."

RCCL is still the parent company, but the "group" of companies including the parent RCCL and subsidiaries RCI, etc., will collectively be called Royal Caribbean Group.

If you read the entire press release, before that statement in the press release there's this statement:

"That's why Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is now known by a new moniker: Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL)."

The statement you quote which is also in their press release below the above statement is confusing.  Not sure what the interpretation would be.  At any rate, don't think this is that important to quibble and split hairs about.  Very often there are several right answers and to say something is categorically incorrect usually ends up being an incorrect statement as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

If you read the entire press release, before that statement in the press release there's this statement:

"That's why Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is now known by a new moniker: Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL)."

The statement you quote which is also in their press release below the above statement is confusing.  Not sure what the interpretation would be.  At any rate, don't think this is that important to quibble and split hairs about.  Very often there are several right answers and to say something is categorically incorrect usually ends up being an incorrect statement as well. 

This might help explain it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_group

4 minutes ago, Pratique said:

This might help explain it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_group

I'm aware of the definition of a corporate group.  Thank you anyway.  

All the newspapers articles I've read so far state the name "Cruises" has been dropped.  Maybe they all are wrong and you are right.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-ne-royal-caribbean-name-change-20200730-xjfdv7n5erdlhh2hzig5q7jyu4-story.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/royal-caribbean-drops-cruises-from-name-changes-logo-2020-7

https://www.tradewindsnews.com/cruise-and-ferry/royal-caribbean-announces-corporate-name-change/2-1-850695

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I'm not confused. Read above post. 'Nuf said. 

Sorry. I read your post saying it was confusing. Perhaps it's splitting hairs but this is at least the second or third thread on the subject in recent weeks where some people are saying the RCCL name has been put in the dustbin forever.